Good, Bad and Ugly of the 1980s

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I was an Iron Maiden fan. I went to find a song to paste here and it all sounded so cheesy :emoji_laughing:

I know for sure the art on the covers made me buy my first ever CD which was piece of mind.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I was an Iron Maiden fan. I went to find a song to paste here and it all sounded so cheesy :emoji_laughing:

I know for sure the art on the covers made me buy my first ever CD which was piece of mind.
As a 70s and 80s kid I was slave labor for my Dad, and I relentlessly listened to Iron Maiden on my cassette walkman while toiling away.

One of their later songs became a favorite of mine:

Also from this album, loved the guitar work in this song:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I went to a maiden show in Dallas back in 69. It was the fear of the dark tour, but they played a lot of good oldies too.

Kaines

Potato Supreme

VILE WENCH!! This is NOT cheesy!!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I went to a maiden show in Dallas back in 69. It was the fear of the dark tour, but they played a lot of good oldies too.
69?

I saw them in 2005 at Ozzfest, the year that Black Sabbath reunited and coheadlined the show with Iron Maiden. Maiden blew Sabbath out of the water. Was crazy seeing Bruce Dickinson running around the stage, up and down the stairs of the risers, impeccably belting out his vocals the whole time... followed by Ozzy and the Sabbath guys sort of just standing there, Ozzy looking like he can barely keep himself upright...

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
69?

I saw them in 2005 at Ozzfest, the year that Black Sabbath reunited and coheadlined the show with Iron Maiden. Maiden blew Sabbath out of the water. Was crazy seeing Bruce Dickinson running around the stage, up and down the stairs of the risers, impeccably belting out his vocals the whole time... followed by Ozzy and the Sabbath guys sort of just standing there, Ozzy looking like he can barely keep himself upright...
Probably backwards and instead ment 1996. Fear of the Dark was released in 1992, and The X Factor was released in 1995, although, obviously, Fear of the Dark was more popular and cooler sounding, so they probably just kept touring under that name.

Those were also the Blaze Bayley days, not the Bruce Dickenson days:

Interesting side note: Sharon Osborn told the crew to fuck up (and egg) Maiden's set for the last day of that 2005 Ozzfest tour because Dickenson said reality shows were trash, or some such. There are a bunch of stories about the row around the internet:

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
"back in 69" is my phrase for a long time ago when I can't remember the year. :)

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
How the hell did you see the Fear of the Dark tour almost 30 years before it's release?

Edit** Just saw your "Back in 69" post. As you were 😂

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw Maiden in concert last year. They are still amazing. Bruce still running around like a madman.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Last time I was visiting family in DFW, at my sister's house hanging around by the pool and BBQing. My brother in law and I typically play '80s music, and this song comes on. My nephews just running around doing kid stuff, and he's singing it beat for beat.

Looked at my brother-in-law told him he raised a good kid.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

still love that car, even had the keychain

lived in a small town with a mostly country radio station that had to listen to for school closings for snow, think i heard this song a million times that year.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
8lCc.gif

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dance music was a big part of the 80s for me and a lot of people.

these two songs were demolished on the radio. ear torture. both were great songs and i owned both singles at the start.
oh god. i cant even listen to this song anymore. i think Kevin Smith put the nail in her coffin. Chaka mad?
though you gotta hand it to the creative editing of the film crew to downplay this fat chick making a dance video by not showing the lower half of her body as much as possible.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
just when i thought your life couldnt get sadder, Chukzombi Chukzombi

then you go ahead and make this pathetic "walk down memory lane" boomer thread

• 1Like

Goatface

both my local grocery store and walmart are non-stop 80's now. this is both of their rotations and i hear it like every other trip.

• 1Like

Goatface

was standing outside a store in my small town, here this song super loud coming down the block. dude with solid white beard on a full dressed harley had it cranked