Google is now Alphabet, Inc. Wut?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Cool - I was serious, I hadn't heard of most of that stuff. Although I don't see how google glass being incorporated into military related things is helping to make the world a better place... just a bad example, I know doctors use it as well.
Think about integrating into your troops and them being able to hear translations in foreign countries, being able to read signs in foreign languages, able to see turn by turn directions easier to avoid populated areas, see schematics to defuse an IED in the middle of a town, stream what you are looking at to an engineer at base camp so you can restart a generator for a family, and I could go on forever.

Our military members, for the most part, just do good things when they are on patrol if they feel safe enough. You take away language barriers and that increases tenfold. You bring in expertise a person doesn't usually have in the field carrying a rifle and they do even more.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Think about integrating into your troops and them being able to hear translations in foreign countries, being able to read signs in foreign languages, able to see turn by turn directions easier to avoid populated areas, see schematics to defuse an IED in the middle of a town, stream what you are looking at to an engineer at base camp so you can restart a generator for a family, and I could go on forever.

Our military members, for the most part, just do good things when they are on patrol if they feel safe enough. You take away language barriers and that increases tenfold. You bring in expertise a person doesn't usually have in the field carrying a rifle and they do even more.
UjgnsBS.gif

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I had a recruiter send me a bunch of Project Loon jobs and that looked like it would have been an amazing job. It was temporary work though and I forget where but nowhere I wanted to 100% be and it would have been a considerable pay cut etc.

I would absolutely love to work on the project if I could bring something to the table and get paid anywhere near what I make now for it. I don't get paid a lot it's just that all they need now is grunt workers and the brain spots are filled so they don't have room for $75k/yr workers in their budget any more.