Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
screamfeeder making ridiculous claims? must be a day ending in y

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Have we really progressed to the point where we just ignore it, even a claim as ridiculous as that?

I'm proud of us.

Except me I guess.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Female characters in Got are not Mary sues. They constantly fuck up and make mistakes. I hate the SJW shit also but never do I feel like I'm being bashed over the head with a feminist message. I like strong female characters instead of that fucking Hunger Games teenage girl appealing horseshit. If Aliens were released today would people consider Ripley SJW bullshit?

Yeah, have to agree with this. They made a little girl power campaign of it (HBO) but the characters are flawed, and the stories they were in made sense--no issue at all with strong female characters like that. The only thing that got stupid were the Sand Snakes, but that had more to do with Dorn being a huge cluster fuck than anything else, that whole arc was just retarded except for the one with nice tits who was flashing them to Bronn.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah, have to agree with this. They made a little girl power campaign of it (HBO) but the characters are flawed, and the stories they were in made sense--no issue at all with strong female characters like that. The only thing that got stupid were the Sand Snakes, but that had more to do with Dorn being a huge cluster fuck than anything else, that whole arc was just retarded except for the one with nice tits who was flashing them to Bronn.
the flaws dont take away that they pushed the female empowerment pretty heavy. dany becomes uber goddess, asha goes hardcore pirate and combines wonder twins power with her ships. then the dorn bitches take down the dorne men and then they all come together at the end to join up. then they have lil girl power mormont and then leaf and then whatsher name reed. sansa ices ramsey in cold fashion. cersei goes full darth vader not even giving a shit about her son killing himself because she is so addicted to power. lots of this shit seemed so off book to me that it was way too obvious to ignore.

Siliconemelons

were you banned before? ill give you an invite as long as you dont suck

No my account was deleted due to inactivity - twice lol each time I was + ratio had tons of points and bought silly titles etc. I just forget to keep something active between GOT Seasons lol

But I got an invite! Thanks yo!! :)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
the flaws dont take away that they pushed the female empowerment pretty heavy. dany becomes uber goddess, asha goes hardcore pirate and combines wonder twins power with her ships. then the dorn bitches take down the dorne men and then they all come together at the end to join up. then they have lil girl power mormont and then leaf and then whatsher name reed. sansa ices ramsey in cold fashion. cersei goes full darth vader not even giving a shit about her son killing himself because she is so addicted to power. lots of this shit seemed so off book to me that it was way too obvious to ignore.
Darth Vader is a villain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
oh man, astro was serious?

You do realize GRRM is an ultracuck, dyed in the wool, SJW, bleeding heart liberal yes? And that everything you mentioned minus Asha/yara, but plus about 30 other girl characters that don't appear on TV but who do appear in the books, is going to happen in the books, if they haven't already, right? whenever/if ever they catch up with the show.

had you read the books instead of watching youtube videos about it you would know this already.

And before you start scrambling for a youtube video to retort with: That the left eats it's own is irrelevant. The man was heralded and praised for the diversity of his cast of characters, strong female representation, and realistic expression of what women and other minority/non powered groups experienced during "those times" especially during war and the suffering of the common people because of it. All of a sudden it became CURRENT YEAR and instead of enlightening and empowering it became a trigger warning in need of a safe space, and what right does he have to tell the story of the suffering of women, a WHITE MALE?

Cybsled

Astro has never read the books and doesn't realize most of this shit in the book goes back decades. He has been spending too much time in red-pill-popping general as of late.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm hyper-aware of SJW shit in media these days(to a fault) and I really don't pick it up at all in Game of Thrones. Then again, this is Astro, who didn't think Cersei was a villain.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Thanks for pointing out that any depiction of women as playing any sort of meaningful role in anything is just SJW propaganda bullshit.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have we really progressed to the point where we just ignore it, even a claim as ridiculous as that?

I'm proud of us.

Except me I guess.

I mean, Astro still posts. If that's sliding than anything else is just meh.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fear of SJW bullshit and the overreaction that follows is starting to get as bad/worse than SJW bullshit around here.
It's the normal blow back. Same thing with LGBT or whatever those people are called.

Glad to see Astro is still a bumbling fucking retard.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So HBO are Cuck SJW fags by following through on the book story created by Martin about the Queen of Dragons and Sand Snakes aligning? Girl power? They were even stronger in the books and werent "Bad pussy" horrible shit. In the books they are deadly fighters who want to avenge their father.

The show fucked them up horribly, but it wasnt driven by SJW shit, it was driven by bad writing.

The statement about you fags making everything out to be SJW crusades is true. Its just as annoying.

• 7Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The sand snakes suck balls in the show. I wish they'd just let a nuke hit Dorne and end that chapter. Leave it for the books.

As for Dany, meh. I don't know which iteration I prefer, but neither are really all that compelling.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Emilia Clarke is just kind of bad for the role i think. she plays it like she's in a saturday morning cartoon.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I have no criticism of Emilia herself but itd be swell if the makeup artists had taken a moment to look at an actual blond person prior to dying her hair.

Every scene shes in I'm like "why are there two giant black hairy caterpillars where her eyebrows should be?"

To be clear this is not a sharp elbow moment; shes obviously hot as fuck; its a criticism that they couldnt bothe rto cast an actual blond or do a convincing dye job. Just example #4,238 of Hollywood forgetting that the most important decision in casting is physical appearance.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Pretty sure she wears a wig while in costume and they don't bleach her eyebrows to match, but your point still stands.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The sand snakes suck balls in the show. I wish they'd just let a nuke hit Dorne and end that chapter. Leave it for the books.

As for Dany, meh. I don't know which iteration I prefer, but neither are really all that compelling.

We'll always have the jail scene with them and Bronn though.

• 2Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My favorite part of astr0 rants are how he doesn't really remember any of the details.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users