GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
he was, i dont think he is anymore, he didnt seem too happy over how they handled stannis.
No. He wasn't. He was never more than a consultant. The terms of his "Based on" credit were very clear and that wording has been there since S1. Weiss and Benioff have full control of the series. Also, I have no idea where you are getting that "he didnt seem too happy over how they handled stannis" crap from. He just said it was different in the book. He was always very clear about that when it came to deviations. Could be a blog post he made (I don't follow his blog anymore) but he was never "unhappy" about it as far as I know.

EDIT - Shit I just realized who I was responding to. Can someone tell him to take me off ignore. Thanks.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Martin, until last season, wrote at LEAST one episode per season for the previous seasons. Also, he said all that Stannis shit was his idea and is happening in the future books and people who whined about it can suck a dick because it's not D&D fucking it up, it's GRRM's holy word himself.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
you mean besides the rampant feminism of last season? did you forget about the girl power alliance between dany and the sand snakes?
We make fun of lousy extremes yet any hint of grrl power and out come the sniveling and screeching.
I'm looking forward to Jon Snow blowing the Horn of Winter himself then deadpanning directly into the camera and saying, "we don't need walls."
Sad thing is I could almost picture that lol. What rubbish.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Robert's Rebellion would be cool, but the downside is you would be casting actors intended to play younger versions of GoT characters. Young Ned didn't have the same appeal as Sean Bean Ned ;p

Casting someone to play the younger version of a character for a one-off flashback sequence vs casting someone to carry a series will often have different results. Though not always. There are instances of stars being cast in cameo roles of course. But they spent that money last season on Ian McShane.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
We make fun of lousy extremes yet any hint of grrl power and out come the sniveling and screeching.

Sad thing is I could almost picture that lol. What rubbish.
that whole season was girl empowerment, every damn episode. HBO in 2016 wanted you to get the message that women can be strong leaders.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Why do I keep clicking this shit show of a thread? WHY?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Female characters in Got are not Mary sues. They constantly fuck up and make mistakes. I hate the SJW shit also but never do I feel like I'm being bashed over the head with a feminist message. I like strong female characters instead of that fucking Hunger Games teenage girl appealing horseshit. If Aliens were released today would people consider Ripley SJW bullshit?

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Female characters in Got are not Mary sues. They constantly fuck up and make mistakes. I hate the SJW shit also but never do I feel like I'm being bashed over the head with a feminist message. I like strong female characters instead of that fucking Hunger Games teenage girl appealing horseshit. If Aliens were released today would people consider Ripley SJW bullshit?

Fear of SJW bullshit and the overreaction that follows is starting to get as bad/worse than SJW bullshit around here.

• 7Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
can we at least wait until the show starts before astro goes full astro in this thread?

never thought i'd miss woolygimp derails

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
can we at least wait until the show starts before astro goes full astro in this thread?

never thought i'd miss woolygimp derails

Just do what I did and put him on ignore. It makes for a much better forum experience.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Anyone toss me and invite to iptorrents or other source? Please :)

And no restarting the stupid 2po4HBO derail lol

were you banned before? ill give you an invite as long as you dont suck