GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This is purposeful misinterpretation. How many times do I have to say that seeing two characters interact, especially 2 that are new to each other, has high potential to be interesting? They *could* just recap Bran's story and Quippy McMidget and High Functioning Retard could make that the highlight of the episode, *if* it was written well. Daenarys and Sansa do not have this nearly the same potential. So, I want to see the scenes that could have been interesting instead of the boring ones just to move the plot forward. Good writers do both at the same time, seamlessly, without pissing off the viewer(even if it's only subconsciously).

How are you this stupid?
Got it. So because the show writers didn't go the direction you wanted, they are talentless hacks.

I haven't heard anyone else complain about that scene, just struck me odd you used it as an example of why the show sucks.
There are probably 20, or more, other more interesting things they could have done too, personally I wanted to see more between Jaime/Bran & The Hound/Arya. Also a "Stark reunion" where only Sansa/Arya/Jon/Bran are together and giving us some Stark love.

But yea... none of that happened and I'm not pissing all over the show because of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
She doesn't destroy it, she brings it back to life. In the books the ritual involves breathing fire in to the dead versus what we get in the show but I'm still expecting it to happen.

Good catch, and I agree. Instead of blowing up she will pour forth her fiery life force into the cold drake and revert it to the real thing. At the cost of her own life.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Siliconemelons

Or "she becomes" the drake!

Wyvrem, whatever...they are not dragons - dragons have 4 legs and wings, not 2 legs and wing/legs/arms

• 2Like

Siliconemelons

Frontal male nudity too (when he jumps into the lake naked and swims over to the chick), so something for everyone.

Right, but he does not know its a chick untill dem tittays- see this movie was so progressive with a trans main character!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i like how each person here has their own favorite character saving the day. i dont think i have a favorite anymore. i just expect the episode progression to build up to the end. we cant have winterfell be WTFPwned and not have KL face the same in a much more spectacular fashion. if that is the scenario, then nobody is going to be happy and many many fans will be massively butthurt that nobody rules anything. the scenario that i favor is, winterfell takes a licking but keeps on ticking. KL takes more damage, but there is enough to rebuild a kingdom for whomever takes the throne. Dany, Jon or Sansa. dont let yourselves get too disappointed, guys, remember they still need these sets for the next GoT spinoff.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
We're talking about Game of Thrones, though.
Unfortunately, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to ding them when they miss a great opportunity, even if it's unknown to them and likely couldn't be realized. Seasons 1-5 GoT would have exploited this easily.

Got it. So because the show writers didn't go the direction you wanted, they are talentless hacks.

I haven't heard anyone else complain about that scene, just struck me odd you used it as an example of why the show sucks.
There are probably 20, or more, other more interesting things they could have done too, personally I wanted to see more between Jaime/Bran & The Hound/Arya. Also a "Stark reunion" where only Sansa/Arya/Jon/Bran are together and giving us some Stark love.

But yea... none of that happened and I'm not pissing all over the show because of it.
Well, you should be. Don't quietly accept the dreck this show has turned into. If it started off at this level and wasn't attached to a popular IP, the show is canceled or lives in obscurity on the sci-fi channel.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
i like how each person here has their own favorite character saving the day.

Eh, my fav character is The Hound and I don’t think he’s going to be saving anything, even him killing The Mountain isn’t a huge priority for me as far as advancing his character.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Eh, my fav character is The Hound and I don’t think he’s going to be saving anything, even him killing The Mountain isn’t a huge priority for me as far as advancing his character.
i think if we get cleganebowl you wont be happy with it, Hound can not beat the Mountain in his current iteration. he simply cant kill what is undead. we might get lucky and have a deadt Hound rezzed by Beric with his own Fiery Avenger to burn out the demon in the armor.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Is The Mountain technically undead though?

I had always assumed Qyburn had prevented the manticore venom from consuming Gregor completely by altering his body somehow but not necessarily making him a zombie

Like if he were a magic card, his creature type would read: “Legendary Creature — Human Horror Knight” as opposed to “Legendary Creature — Zombie Knight”

I mean he’s definitely an abomination of life now, but I don’t see him as being practically indestructible like the wights

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is The Mountain technically undead though?

I had always assumed Qyburn had prevented the manticore venom from consuming Gregor completely by altering his body somehow but not necessarily making him a zombie

Like if he were a magic card, his creature type would read: “Legendary Creature — Human Horror Knight” as opposed to “Legendary Creature — Zombie Knight”

I mean he’s definitely an abomination of life now, but I don’t see him as being practically indestructible like the wights
i hate to pull this trope, but "in the book" he doesnt even have a head. they sent that to dorne. Ser Robert Strong is an abomination of nature.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i like how each person here has their own favorite character saving the day. i dont think i have a favorite anymore. i just expect the episode progression to build up to the end. we cant have winterfell be WTFPwned and not have KL face the same in a much more spectacular fashion. if that is the scenario, then nobody is going to be happy and many many fans will be massively butthurt that nobody rules anything. the scenario that i favor is, winterfell takes a licking but keeps on ticking. KL takes more damage, but there is enough to rebuild a kingdom for whomever takes the throne. Dany, Jon or Sansa. dont let yourselves get too disappointed, guys, remember they still need these sets for the next GoT spinoff.

No favorite at this point, just want deaths to be meaningful and there to be a definitive ending.

• 3Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
i think if we get cleganebowl you wont be happy with it, Hound can not beat the Mountain in his current iteration. he simply cant kill what is undead. we might get lucky and have a deadt Hound rezzed by Beric with his own Fiery Avenger to burn out the demon in the armor.

The outcome I wanted was for Cersei to declare Sir Strong as her champion. The High Sparrow asks if anyone will fight for the church and a lowly gravedigger steps forward. In addition to the symmetry of the brothers as rivals each has, in their own way, died and returned. It doesn't really even matter all that much who wins. I would think no one does. The Hound is mortally wounded and in the process the full extent of Cersei's corruption is revealed when everyone discovers who Sir Strong actually is/was.

I don't exactly hate the big green fireball but it reminded me so much of The Stand when King blows up a mess of characters because the story is stuck. It was the conclusion of so many threads death of so many characters are to not be satisfactory for any of them.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The outcome I wanted was for Cersei to declare Sir Strong as her champion. The High Sparrow asks if anyone will fight for the church and a lowly gravedigger steps forward. In addition to the symmetry of the brothers as rivals each has, in their own way, died and returned. It doesn't really even matter all that much who wins. I would think no one does. The Hound is mortally wounded and in the process the full extent of Cersei's corruption is revealed when everyone discovers who Sir Strong actually is/was.

I don't exactly hate the big green fireball but it reminded me so much of The Stand when King blows up a mess of characters because the story is stuck. It was the conclusion of so many threads death of so many characters are to not be satisfactory for any of them.
i agree, but they had no way of tying all these characters up because they had no book material to pull from. it was either blow them the fuck up and get them out of the way to focus on our main chars or give everyone importance and meaning with little to no time to progress the storyline. i understand why they did it. doesnt mean i'm happy about it.

• 2Like

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
i hate to pull this trope, but "in the book" he doesnt even have a head. they sent that to dorne. Ser Robert Strong is an abomination of nature.

It seems like Qyburn should have some sort of alchemical plan for dealing with the dead. It doesn't need to work, but he should attempt to use a spray or lozenge or something.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
we didn't see tyrion and bran talk because they didn't. tyrion sits down and asks bran about his story and then bran just sits there creepily staring at him. he says some weird rapey comment and tyrion nopes out to go get drunk with his brother instead.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users