GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Twitter threads normally suck, but I this one is informative.

These bumbling fucktards knew what they were getting into from day one. They've had YEARS to prepare for this scenario and we got a poor facsimile of a Lindelof "script".

This is like saying oil and water don't mix and that's why your kitchen is on fire, yet these retards deep fried their turkey indoors anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
honestly, i don't think anyone is upset that she died in his arms.
The fuck? I am. I'm upset that it's an intentional deviation from the books' heavy foreshadowing that Jaime will end up strangling her to death, which would've been a much better and much darker ending for both their characters.

Cybsled

The fuck? I am. I'm upset that it's an intentional deviation from the books' heavy foreshadowing that Jaime will end up strangling her to death, which would've been a much better and much darker ending for both their characters.

Or just go to show prophecies can be bullshit

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

i'm fine with cersei dying in jaime's arms. though, if i had it my way, as they embrace, jaime would have stabbed her in the back. that whole speech from jaime to brienne would have been perfect if he said it to cersei right before he stabbed her

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
From what I recall in the books, it's not that prophecies are bullshit, it's that they get misinterpreted. Cersei believes little brother refers to Tyrion instead of Jaime.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
i REALLY wanted her to have some self-realization... realization that for every action she did FOR her kids, she secured their deaths. i didn't really care WHO killed her, just that she died with the understanding she was wrong.
You want something that's stupid. Villains never understand that they were wrong at the end. They always go down thinking they justified in everything they did. This is especially true for Cersei. Cersei is a bad person, and "only half as smart as she thinks she is."

Last edited:
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You want something that's stupid. Villains never understand that they were wrong at the end. They always go down thinking they justified in everything they did. This is especially true for Cersei. Cersei is a bad person, and "only half as smart as she thinks she is."
NO YOU'RE STUPID =(

Siliconemelons

Haven't caught up with posts yet but...

jamie cerci death is as lame as stannis off screen death... euron got a better death...pfft...oh rocks oh noes..

• 1Worf

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm still tring to figure out how Jamie was about to make his way to Cercei after taking a dagger directly to his lung, lol

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
because a good story dictates that people get deserved deaths.
I can just observe life if I'm looking for everyday and mundane.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage

The entirety of the show is built on prophecy. And the rest of Maggy the Frog's prophecy became truth except for Cersei's death. So please knock it off with the "Well, I think the writers were just trying to teach us all a lesson that we are in control of our own destinies and prophecies aren't always true!"

"The Valonqar" could have been ANY "little brother". People just expected Jaime or Tyrion as they were the most likely candidates. Shit, the show could have made Drogon out to be the "little brother" by saying his egg hatched last and then he could have roasted her ass to kingdom come. The building collapsing and ignoring the prophecy is just another example of shit writers.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Sansa is a fucking useless character. Actually I'd argue all female characters are useless in GOT.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Sansa is a fucking useless character. Actually I'd argue all female characters are useless in GOT.
How am I the only one that likes (post Aunt Lysa murder) Sansa? Her growth as a character is more believable than many.

Hmm, maybe Lord Robin Arryn will sit the iron throne next Sunday...

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Tyrion is a horrible fucking hand of danny, he's just doing whatever it takes so he doesn't become roasted dorf

When he was hand of joffrey, stuff got done.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The entirety of the show is built on prophecy. And the rest of Maggy the Frog's prophecy became truth except for Cersei's death. So please knock it off with the "Well, I think the writers were just trying to teach us all a lesson that we are in control of our own destinies and prophecies aren't always true!"

"The Valonqar" could have been ANY "little brother". People just expected Jaime or Tyrion as they were the most likely candidates. Shit, the show could have made Drogon out to be the "little brother" by saying his egg hatched last and then he could have roasted her ass to kingdom come. The building collapsing and ignoring the prophecy is just another example of shit writers.

Pretty sure you could make an argument that Drogon/Dany is what killed Cersei. People are acting like the building collapsing was a random earthquake.

The whole Azor Ahai/Prince that was Promised could also refer to Jon killing Dany. Everyone just assumed it was the Night King, but a mad mass killing Queen fits as well. Think there's also something about him killing the women he loved or something