.Ep. 305 - Kissed by Fire
.Ep. 306 - to be determined
.Ep. 307 - The Bear and the Maiden Fair
.Ep. 308 - to be determined
.Ep. 309 - The Rains of Castamere
.Ep. 310 - Mhysa

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can't wait to hear the bitching from all the people who haven't read the books.

On the last book I saw Xaro Xhoan Daxos and it keeps fucking with my head since they disposed of him in the show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
has anyone ever theorized that tywin was poisoned by wildfire? i mean if he was turning green and decaying at a high rate maybe he went the way of one of those old dragon kings who thought he was fire proof?

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Wait, I thought this season was supposed to only be the first half of Storm? This season's going to be extremely compressed if not.

Which means, if they are filming books 4 and 5 simultaneously, we'll already be getting material from Dance next season. Crazy. Even crazier is that they would be in Winds in 2016, and I have zero belief the book version will be out by then - it will be interesting to see how the two diverge (assuming the books are ever finished).

I hadn't figured out it was Oberyn (I thought it was Varys keeping Tywin occupied until Tyrion could get up there), but it certainly all fits.

The followup question being why Varys would deflect the murder to Tyrion; I assume that KL and Dorne being in open war this early wouldn't work for his plans and he needed to stall that conflict until Dany arrived with her dragons.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure from this point on you can stop expecting it to be a linear translation from the books. They'll make it work out to 5 or 6 seasons for books 3-5. I'd wager George has until 2017 atleastto finish Winds, probably 2018.

edit: Forgot to add, it will still be GD amazing, and internet nerds will still stupidly cry every day until the premier about how there's not enough content to fill that much time. And I will still silently seethe.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
has anyone ever theorized that tywin was poisoned by wildfire? i mean if he was turning green and decaying at a high rate maybe he went the way of one of those old dragon kings who thought he was fire proof?
No, when they drank wildfire they fucking died in a ball of fire, not slowly poisoned.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
No, when they drank wildfire they fucking died in a ball of fire, not slowly poisoned.
well ok, how about if widows blood is made with a very small amount of wildfire? there has to be some crazy shit in the poison to decay a body like that. if anyone is to suspect poison, its going to be Jaime and if he survives his meeting with Brienne and an_Undead_CatelynStark_001 then he be the one to find out. i doubt they kill Jaime specially since hes the last one at KL who has an idea wtf is going on.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Wait, I thought this season was supposed to only be the first half of Storm? This season's going to be extremely compressed if not.

Grim mentioned it, but they've straight up said in an interview that they aren't going to follow the linear time line of the books where they don't have to. This season is supposed to represent half the book, but not the "first half" timeline wise.

It ALSO sounded like they wanted to do the Red Wedding because, as expensive as the show is, they understand the plug can be pulled at anytime--and this was the main scene in the series they wanted to do. So, once it's done, they can be okay with cancellation if their numbers drop.

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can someone ban astro from this thread. Seriously, those are the most retarded tinfoil theories I've ever seen.
WHAT IF HE'S BEEN POISONED WITH CAT PISS SLOWLY BUILDING UP IN HIS ORGANISM

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah well, when the truth more or less comes out we'll all look like morons in retrospect.

If Tywin was fucking Shae in front of Tyrion or somehow knew that Tyrion would find out, then sure, maybe he was doing it as a fuck you to Tyrion. But he wasn't. Tyrion never would have known about that. And Tywin is not Cersei, he isn;t stupid, I'm sure he knows that Tyrion didn't kill Joffrey. He probably just doesn't give a fuck. He despises Tyrion, he is disgusted by him, which is why it is hard to imagine him taking Tyrion's seconds.

The big indicator, to me, is the necklace. Ok, so Tywin fucks her. Crazy out of character, but ok, a man has to have his nut. Tywin allowing his hated son's whore to wear the insignia of The Hand? That shit implies some deeper feelings or connection. No way in hell Tywin "fell" for Shae. If the theory is that Shae was always with Tywin and she was using Tyrion the whole time towards Tywin's ends... very doubtful, but to me more believable than Tywin catching feelings.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
OR SOME MEN DON'T HAVE TO NUT. LOOK AT VARYS - OMG TYWIN WAS A EUNUCH!

No chance Tywin was banging that ugly bitch. Have I mentioned how terrible Shae's casting was yet? That actress is terrible in that role.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
tywin did know about shae as his whore, he told him not to take her to KL when he became Hand. so unless he told him not to do something knowing tyrion would do the opposite, it doesnt make sense either way. why cant it be just a simple he shagged shae then while he was on the shitter, she was fucking with tywin's jewelry?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
tywin did know about shae as his whore, he told him not to take her to KL when he became Hand. so unless he told him not to do something knowing tyrion would do the opposite, it doesnt make sense either way. why cant it be just a simple he shagged shae then while he was on the shitter, she was fucking with tywin's jewelry?
Because it's never that simple. It's not Dragonlance, it's A Song of Ice and Fire.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It just doesn't make sense with what we know about Varys and Tywin. Tywin would never fuck some hooker, especially THAT hooker of all the thousands of whores in King's Landing. And Varys practically drew Tyrion a map of the one place he didn't want him to go. And the book goes out of its way to mention the necklace, and Shae wouldn't be fucking wtih Tywin's things, Tywin is a fucking murderous psychopath.