GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yep blackwater was most of the episode. They'd prolly close out ep9 with ygritte IF they end up winning in ep9 anyway, since mixing the tragic with the euphoric is pretty much what the show is all about. Then the Wall stuff in ep10 would be mance+stannis+melisandre+kingsblood intro shit.

Between closing out Arya+hound, Tyrion+tywin and closing out Dany's season (prolly with the dragon-roasted kid) I can see why they wouldn't wanna clutter ep 10 with stoneheart. Besides they'd have two seasons of Brienne doing fuck all if they do Stoneheart at all in this season.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yep blackwater was most of the episode. They'd prolly close out ep9 with ygritte IF they end up winning in ep9 anyway, since mixing the tragic with the euphoric is pretty much what the show is all about. Then the Wall stuff in ep10 would be mance+stannis+melisandre+kingsblood intro shit.

Between closing out Arya+hound, Tyrion+tywin and closing out Dany's season (prolly with the dragon-roasted kid) I can see why they wouldn't wanna clutter ep 10 with stoneheart. Besides they'd have two seasons of Brienne doing fuck all if they do Stoneheart at all in this season.
Pretty sure that kid getting roasted was replaced by the guy saying his sheep got roasted.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I dunno how else they'd close out Brienne's storyline this season without stoneheart is why I think they'd include it if they do. Gonna be a busy hour as it is but yeah, all those folks saying theyre done after the viper are gonna get roped in for good after ep10.

Needless

Toe Sucker
People are gonna be pissed when Ygritte eats it too, but they'll feel redemption when the lannisters finally get something thrown back at them.
Shits gonna be guuuud

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Pretty sure that kid getting roasted was replaced by the guy saying his sheep got roasted.
Maybe, I think they were just trying to visualize what we read about in the books with the dragons eating flocks around Meereen and then escalate to the kid getting eaten to show her losing control.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think most people are completely detached from Ygritte at this point. This past Sunday when they showed her my wife was like, "oh yeah the girl from the first season of Downtown Abbey is in this show, I forgot!"

Jon's reaction to her death is what will get people to care, so we'll see how that plays out.

Goatface

with him gone, will be total happy now if someone comes by a kills her and everyone else associated with her, except the dragons. they can hopefully go on a rampage at some point.

khorum

Murder Apologist
They had both in the books... actually they had earlier incidents with the dragons too. It was a gradual ramp-up of dragon-related complaints until her chapter ended with the child's bones. That's what got her to finally chain the dragons up remember.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
They had both in the books... actually they had earlier incidents with the dragons too. It was a gradual ramp-up of dragon-related complaints until her chapter ended with the child's bones. That's what got her to finally chain the dragons up remember.
That's correct. They had complaints about sheep eating then the second time the guy comes in front of her he has his kid's bones in the bag.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This misses the point. Dany was mad at Jorah for betraying her, putting her unborn child at risk. Betraying HER, not her brother. In the books it is even more clear, as Jorah still reported on her from Quarth. She WAS lenient by letting him live. This is Westeros, not a hippie commune.
Did he contact them from Quarth? I thought the last contact was right before the assassination attempt, to let them know about the baby. Essentially, he was playing both sides up until it was clear Dany was going to rule, not her brother. Maybe I'm forgetting something though; but sorry, it doesn't feel like "hippie commune" leniency to extend the same judgement on Sir friendzone for fucking over your brother, as you extended Drogo for melting him, not to me at least.

And he didn't put her at risk; again, when she was at risk, he used the information to stay loyal to her--in effect, at most he was a classic double agent and when the ultimate loyalty choice came up, he showed his true colors were with her. In my opinion, the real legitimate point is what Chaos said, bynottalking about Varys' reach, it prevented Dany from taking appropriate actions; and I can see Dany shielding herself from Jorah due to that, but being lenient by just letting him live? Sorry--I don't expect loyalty unto death for psycho family within a few months of meeting someone.

(Again, though, if I'm forgetting about Quarth, after Dany was fully in charge--I'd have a different view. I just don't remember that.)

iannis

Musty Nester
She does make the point in the show, "Any man in my position would have you killed".

Reporting to the Lanisters is sort of a big deal. And yeah, all loyalty and good service aside -- all it takes is 1 betrayal to get your head chopped off.

I think Dany does expect loyalty unto death within 3 months of meeting her. I think she is concerned withearningit, and that's to her credit, but even if she didn't earn it it's still the social expectation. That's the thread of Honor and Duty. From a practical standpoint you can certainly understand why Ser Friendzone was doubledealing, and you can understand that he did affirm his loyalty. The drama comes from the disconnect between that practical reaction and the impractical implications of the Honor and Duty ideology. Hell, that's where a large part of the entire story is, in that single conflicting interest and how it affects various characters. Every last one of them is on that spectrum somewhere.

Edit: Shit don't roll uphill is all. It certainly doesn't roll uphill in Westeros.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The fact that nerds on the internet in 2014 can find enough details to argue the finer points of Dany/Jorah's circumstance makes it understandable that a 16 year old queen made a bad decision.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are again forgetting that the books have the whole Three Betrayals thing beat in to her head, so she's got that rattling around when she decides as well. Makes her take it harder than she might have otherwise.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
episode 9 ending will be jon snow coming across ygritte as she is dying
episode 10 ending will be lady stoneheart making an appearance

this is awesome 75 people at a bar watching last episode i wanna attend one of these

Dude there are so many fucking hipsters in that video I can't even fathom it. The amount of craft beers and black-rim glasses is staggering.

khalid

Unelected Mod
(Again, though, if I'm forgetting about Quarth, after Dany was fully in charge--I'd have a different view. I just don't remember that.)
Happened in Quarth. Also, notice that he didn't even say "I was done with your schemes" at that point, because dany asks that and he can't meet her eyes.
A Storm of Swords_sl said:
?You warned me against everyone except yourself.? His insolence angered her. He should be humbler. He should beg for my forgiveness . ?Trust no one but Jorah Mormont, you said . . . and all the time you were the Spider?s creature!? ?I am no man?s creature. I took the eunuch?s gold, yes. I learned some ciphers and wrote some letters, but that was all?? ?All? You spied on me and sold me to my enemies!? ?For a time.? He said it grudgingly. ?I stopped.? ?When? When did you stop?? ?I made one report from Qarth, but?? ?From Qarth??Dany had been hoping it had ended much earlier.?What did you write from Quarth? That you were my man now, that you wanted no more of their schemes?? Ser Jorah could not meet her eyes

Martin, George R.R. (2003-03-04). A Storm of Swords: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Three (p. 812). Random House, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
Bolded showing that Dany would have been MUCH more willing to forgive if it had been sooner.