GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They'll keep him locked up so they can use him as the "face of the wildlings" after Stannis arrives.

And holy shit at that Brienne vs. Hound catch...we know Arya obviously doesn't go with with Brienne and she has to leave the hound, so I have no idea how that is going to be resolved. If the Hound dies, then that kind of sours viewers on Brienne a bit since the Hound is 1000x more likable paired with Arya.
Brienne and Pod don't know what Arya looks like, I guess there could be some kind of ruse there.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He isn't going to be let out until Jon decides to let the Wildlings past the wall.
What I mean is that Jon deals with Tormund to make peace and merge with the wildlings which pisses off a ton of people. My question is who will they use, or will they skip a bunch of shit and have Mance not get captured when Stannis attacks them and just have Jon + Mance make the treaty?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Don't understand the dislike for the episode either, doing it all at the Wall was a great idea and I thought they did a fantastic job of pushing Jon to leader status and tying up loose ends. The kid killing Ygritte was way too obvious, but it's whatevs. Thorne and Tormund were badasses, the giants looked great, and that giant wall scythe was epic. As other have said, I just wish we'd gotten to see the actual fight in the tunnel.

I feel like not everything we want will be crammed in to next week's episode, but should at least advance Bran's story, show Tyrion getting his sweet revenge, Stannis coming in, and Arya going her own way. Dany I'm not worried about as not much important is going to happen for a bit with her anyways.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Episode was good, not great (nowhere close to the Blackwater episode). Blame the lighting and too many scenes with Gilly and Ygritte. I think those who didn't like it that much need to lower expectations of what they expect a television show to produce, even an HBO show. The fight in the book was epic (as was the blackwater fight) but there is no why the show is going to do these battles justice. For what they put out there, I thought it was pretty good (loved the anchor), although certain scenes weren't great (Ygritte death scene had nowhere near the impact as it did in the book, mainly because they don't show half these characters for episodes at a time). You didn't feel bad for the NW because you hardly knew who any of them were. Have no idea how they are going to deal with Tormund since him and Jon are on pretty good terms afterward in the book, would seem weird if it happened in the show.

Jon Snow vs. Magnar - awesome
Giant in the tunnel (though would of been nice to see the actual fight)- great
Arrow flinging the guy into the air - funny
Giants and Mammoth at the gate while the NW is just looking down on them doing nothing - ???

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it's just cause I knew what happened, but when reading it part of me thought that there was hope for Ygritte, but watching the show and seeing her ice so many crows and peasants made me not give a fuck that she got some of the kid's justice.

Crows before hoes.

ee1oovF.jpg

John Snow learns to fight dirty. - Imgur

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe it's just cause I knew what happened, but when reading it part of me thought that there was hope for Jon and Ygritte, but watching the show and seeing her ice so many crows and peasants made me not give a fuck that she got some of the kid's justice.
Yea they (the show) changed her character to where she was enough of a cold hearted bitch that you didn't care that she died, no matter who did it.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah I stopped giving a damn about the Jon-Yg situation a while ago. In the books are you supposed to feel like there's still something left between them? I felt a ton of loss in the Viper Mountain debacle compared to this one.

Also... where were all the tits in this episode?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They did a great job with the episode and hit all of the high points from the book... the only thing they failed to capture was the scope and scale of the Wildling horde. Instead of 100,000 they showed maybe 2,000. Instead of 30+ Mammoths and Giants, they showed 1 and 2 respectively.

They still captured the essence of the invasion though. The showed the fall of the Crow leadership at the wall, Jon's rise to the top through quick action and respect of the men on the battlefield. Tormund, the Then's, and Ygritte were all awesome. That side of the wall was actually much better in the show than it was in the books.

What they did was impressive. This is a TV show and not a movie after all.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Here's the other thing that strategically bothers me. Can't the nights watch just start throwing shit in the tunnel/blowing the tunnel up? When you've got a 100k peasant army with loose control and no supplies you either break through that wall in a few days or it just doesn't happen.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The army attacking the wall just didnt feel epic enough TBH. It always felt like 100 dudes attacking +2 giants and a mammoth instead of like 10,000-25,000 out of the 100,000 strong wildling army. It felt weak. Needed more LOTR special effects.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they have stuff in the tunnel in the book? I know the fight in the tunnel lasted awhile but I didn't think it went into detail there either. The thing that bothered me about the tunnel scene was in the book, the giant was so big he had to crawl on all 4's to get through it, but in the show he's got plenty of room.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
She said "Remember that cave? We should have stayed in the cave." He replies "We'll go back there."
Then she says "You know nothing, Jon Snow." before dieing.

it was hardly a moment that really ruins the show.

It simply showed Jon with the only woman he's really loved as she dies. Maybe it's what ultimately motivates him to go after Mance.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The army attacking the wall just didnt feel epic enough TBH. It always felt like 100 dudes attacking +2 giants and a mammoth instead of like 10,000-25,000 out of the 100,000 strong wildling army. It felt weak. Needed more LOTR special effects.
Gotta get that oil down first and take out the arrowcarts or your zerg ball gonna get destroyed. Do you even Pvdoor?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's the other thing that strategically bothers me. Can't the nights watch just start throwing shit in the tunnel/blowing the tunnel up? When you've got a 100k peasant army with loose control and no supplies you either break through that wall in a few days or it just doesn't happen.
Once I saw how big the oil barrel explosions were that they dropped, I thought the same thing.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I saw the episode with a bunch of folks and you could spot the moist hipster cunts who were gonna mewl about about being disappointed long before the show started.

Was a great ep.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah assuming Ser Alliser is fucked there's no question that Jon is the new Lord Commander. There's no need to whip votes since the leadership the viewers know are Ser Alliser and Janos Slynt.
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't put this off until after Stannis makes the scene. Stannis directs the Night's Watch to elect a new Lord Commander in adherence to their custom and Janos Slynt will have regrown his backbone after the threat has passed. They'll cliffhang the election and it's politics across a couple of episodes next season with Sam using his discovery of Janos hiding in the storage room during the battle (with Gilly as a witness) as leverage. I don't see them skipping over most of it since it's one of the moments in the books where Sam really shines.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah they'll prolly roll all the post-stannis shit into next season (ie election, babeh-swap, mance etc) since they'd have fuck-all to do up in the wall without that content until Jon gets killed. The LC vote, Melisandre and Mance tension is all that suspends the fact that jack shit is actually happening on the wall for like 2,000 pages. That's why he wrote that patriots fan up there to get murdered by a giant: its where it can't do any narrative harm.

So if we get a Brienne v Hound thing going (like that frame suggests) that supports the notion that stoneheart gets bumped into next season too. We get maybe a bookkeeping scene with LF and Darth Sansa, Dany and the roasted kid and then the rest of the ep focuses with tyrion celebrating fathers day and stannis on the wall.