GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As for Tyrion, he's done brave shit before, but usually out of necessity. Like the fight in KL was either grab the reins or die.. The act of arbitrarily deciding to risk his life freeing the dragons based on a feeling just didn't seem right.
Not having any other method of transportation out of Mareen isn't a necessity?

Neph_sl

shitlord
Not having any other method of transportation out of Mareen isn't a necessity?
Tyrion freeing the dragons so he could leave Mereen is an interesting thought, but seems like a stretch. He clearly states that he wants to free the dragons bc they're currently chained up and not eating and are symbolic to Dany being the dragon queen. He's kind of obsessed with dragons given his story about how he wanted one when he was younger and how he reads about them even as an adult. So it makes perfect sense that he cares about their well being. It's a case of him presuming to know things and in this case he was right in that the dragons are intelligent enough to not eat the help.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I'm actually curious to see if Jon is gonna be LSH type or Beric type. The major difference is that Thoros resurrected Beric, but Beric exchanged his life for LSH. So LSH is still dead. A few people died before Jon was brought back, and we might tune in Sunday to see someone exchanged their life, but with Mel being involved, I don't see him being a zombie type.

Also, he was gasping for air when he came to, which makes it seem like he's living. The preview for next episode also seems to suggest that he's awe inspiring and god like, IE Azor Ahai reborn. Were he simply a living corpse, I think the Night's Watch and wildlings would be more horrified than anything else, considering all the shit with the white walkers etc. that they face all the time.

A week long wait is gonna be fucking brutal.
Cat had a complete psychotic breakdown and went insane before she died. There's really nothing to indicate that her ressurection is fundamentally different than Beric's other than the manner in which it occurred. She was dead longer so her body is more broken down, but she is still the same Cat that she was at the moment of her death, just a little bit less, just like beric.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cat had a complete psychotic breakdown and went insane before she died. There's really nothing to indicate that her ressurection is fundamentally different than Beric's other than the manner in which it occurred. She was dead longer so her body is more broken down, but she is still the same Cat that she was at the moment of her death, just a little bit less, just like beric.
Been awhile since I read the books, but wasn't Beric rezzed a lot closer to the time he fell than Cat was? Like to the point she was lying in the river a couple of days? Not sure if that would have any effect on it. John was dead on the show for what, a day?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I would say yes to a day. However, it's very cold out there, so his body was more preserved. Similar to how the bodies in a morgue are in refrigeration units.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Dany is more than willing to get along with lots of people and Jon has never wanted to be king. I don't see why they can't coexist without Jon being a Targ.
Well she did say ...

daenerys-targaryen-quote-Im-going-to-break-the-wheel.png

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Been awhile since I read the books, but wasn't Beric rezzed a lot closer to the time he fell than Cat was? Like to the point she was lying in the river a couple of days? Not sure if that would have any effect on it. John was dead on the show for what, a day?
I think shanked in the middle of the night and found in the morning? Might not have been very long at all.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Oh, Theon deciding to leave, ok. It was a quick scene, I lumped it in with last week's stuff in my head.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Did you quote the wrong person? I'm not the one arguing that Jon is going to change; I'm just curious if Jon is going to be the living dead, (Like LSH) or alive, like Beric was.

And as an FYI, they were fundamentally different. Beric was resurrected - I suspect that he was "brought back" and thus had his memory fucked up from doing so. Catelyn wasn't resurrected; her corpse was just given Beric's "spark of life" as they referred to it. She's locked in the state she was in at her death; mental breakdown and extreme lust for vengeance.

It's Lazarus compared to Frankenstein, basically.

As we were left just seeing Jon wake up, we won't know till next Sunday. It's possible he was brought back ala Mel, and thus is alive. (Possibly confused and/or with parts of his memory missing, like Beric, but otherwise still the same) But it's also possible that his life was simply exchanged, perhaps with someone who had just died at the wall and/or Mel giving her life instead.

I don't think Jon will be that different, with the sole exception that his current situation could twist things a bit. IE, what will his reaction be? LSH gives no fucks whatsoever, and I think part of that is because her family is dead and scattered and she's...well. Like, what else are you going to do to her?

If he's alive, you could kill him again, essentially.

My money is just on a pure resurrection. He'll be alive, he'll heal, and he'll be extremely pissed.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's the part that probably bothered me the most; using Davos as a plot device in a way that resulted in him not being Davos. He has always disliked Mel and expecting him to casually forget about the horrible things he's seen done with Stannis under her sway on the notion of bringing back to life a man he barely knows.
You have to realize that they've killed Stannis in the show, but he's completely alive and kicking in the books; something GRRM has explicitly noted in some interviews.

Once you've done that, you can figure out that Davos is basically playing the role that Stannis should normally have. It's Stannis who knows the importance of having "the last Stark" on his side, and is the one who would ask his sorceress to do it. Switch Davos and Stannis, and the whole scene flows much better. It's not the first time the showrunners have merged two different characters, although usually one that exists in the show with one that they didn't include. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Stannis plays the main role for that event in book 6.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have this gut feeling that everyone being super stoked about next week will be disappointed. Not because the ToJ arc won't be good, but because the episode will end when they finally show the tower.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have this gut feeling that everyone being super stoked about next week will be disappointed. Not because the ToJ arc won't be good, but because the episode will end when they finally show the tower.
Nah, that cliffhanger would be completely stupid for the people who didn't read the books(ie: the vast majority of the audience). They wouldn't even know what it was supposed to be.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They wouldn't even know what it was supposed to be.
Ok, then extend it a minute. They establish that it's Eddard Stark fighting (for Robert Baratheon) to save his sister, Lyanna from Rhaegar Targaryen. They pull their swords to fight the Kingsguard. Credits.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I feel like that was a spoiler.

I can't imagine delving into the past a whole hell of a lot when they have 23 characters to follow on 8 continents, some of which have been ignored for seasons.

Cybsled

ToJ on the show will go like this

Flashback, show fighting.
Just before we get confirmation Jon Snow is the baby in the Tower...the 3 Eyed Raven will pull Bran back. Queue Trollface.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The scene will have Lyanna laying on the ground, having just given birth. Ned is holding the baby and asks his sister, "Who is the father?" Lyanna lovingly gazes behind Ned. The camera slowly pans over, showing Lyanna's lover behind Ned. He smiles back and says....."Hodor". Credits roll.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
No, he was hit in the head during the battle at ToJ and that was his first time saying Hodor.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
But if she already had the baby prior to the battle, it was made by Willis. He may transform to Hodor during the battle, but it was Willis that was the father.