GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Powerful moment? As I remember it she's completely powerless, stuck on Drogon's back with no ability to control him, just along for the ride.
It's powerful because she "tames" Drogon with the whip and subdues him. Also, the first mounting is a huge development point for any of the dragons.

khalid

Unelected Mod
She also does control him a bit, though doesn't have the power to get him to completely change his direction.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You forget the Red Wedding where they added in stabbing a pregnant chick in the stomach?
At least she wasn't consentually-raped off-camera. Yeah rape-with-consent is a thing now.

blogga41.gif

Ganthorn

N00b
She also does control him a bit, though doesn't have the power to get him to completely change his direction.
I was always curious if there was some sort of unknowing warg or other bond thing going on. He just happens to take her to the army she needs?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So I just caught up with this thread. Just watched the last episode tonight.

How the fuck did no one catch Sam's line when he was talking to Oliver.

"I've been worrying about Jon for years now. He always comes back."

He always comes back... from the dead.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So I just caught up with this thread. Just watched the last episode tonight.

How the fuck did no one catch Sam's line when he was talking to Oliver.

"I've been worrying about Jon for years now. He always comes back."

He always comes back... from the dead.
Yeah grandpa, everyone saw that. Even fucking Buzzfeed caught it.

I remember Daenarys in the books describing how her dragon riding was hard. Instead of hitting him on his left side to make him go right, as you would a horse, you hit him on the side you want him to go as they're predators and they go after prey that way. So I don't know that she's warging, I think it's just maternal domestication plus good ol' fashioned know-how. Maybe in the books Tyrion can give her pro tips he read before she flies off.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Powerful moment? As I remember it she's completely powerless, stuck on Drogon's back with no ability to control him, just along for the ride.
It's a defining moment. Even horses have to be broken to bear a rider without violently protesting. It's a process, often a long and dangerous one. And that just a horse, this is a dragon we're talking about here. The fact that he yielded to her at all after being free range for so long is itself telling.

Anyway, for those planning a GoT tour through Europe (spoilered for size):

gameof thrones.v2.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I caught that Sam line too. They are so heavily foreshadowing what's going to happen it's crazy. I wonder if the show watchers are figuring it out. I mean the little kid could basically walk around with a sign from his neck saying "will kill Jon for work" at this point.

I have a really strong feeling we'll know Jon's true fate by the end of episode 10 anyways. There isn't any way they could do a cliffhanger because everyone keeps up with all the casting shit. It would be really shitty to find out Jon was still alive by seeing he was cast for season 6

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As for the foreshadowing of it, I think it's only somewhat stronger than the Roose foreshadowing done pre-red wedding, where all the readers were going nuts anytime Roose rolled in to give a thoughtful look at Robb making a stupid decision.
How the fuck did no one catch Sam's line when he was talking to Oliver..
Who exactly were you including in this group of people who did not catch that?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As for the foreshadowing of it, I think it's only somewhat stronger than the Roose foreshadowing done pre-red wedding, where all the readers were going nuts anytime Roose rolled in to give a thoughtful look at Robb making a stupid decision.

Who exactly were you including in this group of people who did not catch that?
You're probably right. When season 3 aired I was still at the beginning of book 3. I had heard the term "red wedding" because of faggots, but didn't know anything about it. Had no idea it was going to happen the way it did. I did get spoiled that grey wind was going to die thanks to my wife's shitty ability to show me things in the back of the book though, she pointed to a stark entry in the family tree and I saw "Grey Wind - killed at the --" and stopped reading immediately.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Regarding the mountain. what do think the guy meant when he said "the work continues Milady"? Zombie plan B ?

Siliconemelons

Regarding the mountain. what do think the guy meant when he said "the work continues Milady"? Zombie plan B ?
The mount was under the sheet and it moved and the dude was like "shh shh" or whatnot- of course they are going to use him for something- rarely on this show is something there and then let go... sometimes things are left floating for a few seasons but they pop up...maybe this dude can start making undead that are controlled by "living" rather than undead controlled by the white walkers.