GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
i was referring to the revolution it caused. before Win 3.1, DOS literally scared people from even looking at a computer, when 3.1 hit it put computers in everyone's homes. it was a giant leap. in the space of a few years. making my phone fold isnt going to change anything. smartwatches, remember those? how about 3d televisions? anyone use those things anymore?

-edit
oh heres a another big one. Netflix streaming services. when it was introduced in 2007 it caused a revolution. in 2007.

Honest question, because I got into computers around the time 3.1 was out. What was 2.9, and 3.0 like? Were they unusable? Not challenging, I just have no idea what they were, and I've never seen them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's completely wrong. Biopsies are still performed all day long for all kinds of reasons. Biopsies get tissue which allows for histopathological exam (ie, looking at the actual cells) so they can identify numerous disease processes. Imaging is used to help perform the biopsies, for example CT guided biopsies, or ultrasound guided biopsies, etc. In fact, the better argument is that imaging has evolved to allow doctors to cause less harm while getting biopsies, and get new types of biopes to help treat disease. A great example is the endobronchial ultrasound which allows you to look at the lymph nodes in the lungs, *biopsy* them, and better stage lung cancer and help plan for possible surgery. Another example is a CT guided biopsy, for example if you are concerned for osteomyelitis of one of the lumbar vertebra, the doctor can use a CT machine to go in and *biopsy* the vertebra, in the old days it would have been a much more difficult and invasive procedure. Another reason biopsies are performed are for difficult to diagnose skin conditions, and examining lymph nodes to see if they have cancer in them. All of which MRI is incapable of doing.

I'm not saying medical imaging isn't amazing, it is, and it is improving. Just saying the idea that they are magically replacing biopsies is wrong. The fact is medical imaging is helping us get better biopsies. ... and now I want to go be an interventional radiologist.

yeah Jozu is one of the biggest retards on the forum which is why you don't see many people respond to shit like 'we dont need to do biopsies anymore'

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
79149687-945E-4388-8D58-66FE320A492F.jpeg

• 9Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 12 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol Gavinmad. I am retarded, but that has nothing to do with the fact that medical technology has greatly advanced in 10 years and has reduced invasive biopsies. Obviously imaging isnt the last step in diagnosis in some situations...the fuck.

At least I try to contribute to threads in a way that starts a discussion, no matter how retarded. All you do is be a little cunt and criticize many posters for your own satisfaction while offering nothing yourself. You're just a miserable person.

And most people were agreeing that Chuk was wrong about his technology has not advanced in 10 years assesment, I was bringing up multiple examples of macro technologies that have greatly affected society, not individual inventions or specific breakthroughs.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
2009 mine as well be 1999 imo.

Things have changed so much, between phones, tablets, cars, avionics, VR, cloud computing, economics (the rise of Uber, Airbnb, and other tech start ups like Snapchat etc.) the list goes on and on.

This is a difficult argument to win chuk.

Netflix, streaming games is a legit career, Amazon fucking tearing retail apart, Twitter and social media effects on political movements.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
What in the hell are the last few pages?
How did we go from discussing how a 40 yr old virgin was so bad in bed it drove Jamie to ride a horse thousands of miles to get crushed by a rock to Tech Daily?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
What in the hell are the last few pages?
How did we go from discussing how a 40 yr old virgin was so bad in bed it drove Jamie to ride a horse thousands of miles to get crushed by a rock to Tech Daily?
Astr0 happened

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
xaegp8lkjey21.jpg

Bloodmoon is the prequel to GoT, not sure what the release date is. D&D have no creative input on it, but I can't imagine its gonna be easy for HBO to walk that line of "This is more Game of Thrones! But it has nothing to do with the people who brought you the last season of GoT!" lol

I'm actually totally cool with exploring Asshai, Valyria or whatever. That will be awesome.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fucking hell Chuk. Your level of retardation is baffling at times. I imagine you're one of those motherfuckers that can never figure out the machines to get out of a parking garage.

Change it to 50 fucking years man. The original point was you could Rip Van Winkle for 200 years in 1150 and it would appear nothing changed. Nothing was really being innovated for a really fucking long time back then and someone hyperbole'ed the 10 year mark in modern tech. Stop being so fucking obtuse. Goddammit your level of idiocy pisses me off sometimes.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
self driving cars have been around a LONG time
ditto facial recognition
bio printing has been around since 2003
ten years ago you could say the same thing in regards to smartphones. i dunno why you wont accept that we are just improving on stuff developed long ago. nothing new to change the world. we're just getting better at it.

There were no self driving cars on the road 10 years ago. Facial recognition had zero impact on the world 10 years ago. If we can't have those on our list, then we get to add the plethora of tech that's in it's infancy that won't be on the market for 15 years. You can't have it both ways

Jive Turkey

Karen
Back to The Future lied to us!

What was "new" in back to the future, then? because you seem to think everything that exists is just a better version of something that already exists.

You'd be the guy saying "automobiles are just better horse and carriages. They aren't really new"

Jive Turkey

Karen
They originally stated if someone was asleep for 10 years they would just be completely overwhelmed and so confused and amazed at the last 10 years of innovation.

If you were making an honest argument, you wouldn't have had to weasel those extra words in to make my argument into something it wasn't

Fucking hell Chuk. Your level of retardation is baffling at times. I imagine you're one of those motherfuckers that can never figure out the machines to get out of a parking garage.

Change it to 50 fucking years man. The original point was you could Rip Van Winkle for 200 years in 1150 and it would appear nothing changed. Nothing was really being innovated for a really fucking long time back then and someone hyperbole'ed the 10 year mark in modern tech. Stop being so fucking obtuse. Goddammit your level of idiocy pisses me off sometimes.

And this.
But again, despite his insistence to the contrary, literally more has changed in the last 10 years than in 200 years circa 1150.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
I'm actually totally cool with exploring Asshai, Valyria or whatever. That will be awesome.

i just like saying asshai, because everyone who hears it immediately thinks of asshair

At least this sunday the long night is over and my watch finally ends

sov2lsexeiy21.jpg

• 13Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 15 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i know we are WEEKS past this debate, but here's another scene i stumbled across that shows dany always leaned extremely heavily on scorched earth policies.

• 3Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
i know we are WEEKS past this debate, but here's another scene i stumbled across that shows dany always leaned extremely heavily on scorched earth policies.

There's another scene in Season 5 right before Jorah fights to regain the trust of Dany. They're waiting in the arena for the games to begin and the Danger Mouse looking guy says something like "nothing great was ever accomplished without violence and cruelty" and they cut to a reaction shot of Daenerys

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

My work parking garage has a camera that recognizes my license plate and automatically let's me in or out. This was installed last year.

• 3Like