GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So much I haven’t read here so not sure if anyone else had the same line of thinking as me or not I’ve been traveling the last 4 days and haven’t been on here (just a couple posts in this thread is all) or the internet in general much until now.

So, Bran knows the future. He claims he is the three eyed raven and wasn’t Bran anymore.

Well, he confirmed to Sam knowing about Jon’s true origins. He did this knowing he would tell Jon which would lead to Jon telling both his sisters and Dany. He knew this would lead to the North not following Dany and lead to Dany viewing Jon as a threat which would also lead to Jon turning away from her which would also drive her mad and cause her to kill hundreds of thousands of innocents.

Bran knew it would lead to Jon killing Dany and even though he claimed to not be Bran anymore and not desire anything....at the end when asked to be the king he looks up with a slight smile and says “Why do you think I came all this way?”

Bran Stark was the true Mad King the whole time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lol.

I think we can agree that the entire Jon has to take the black....AGAIN thing was fucking stupid so the entire premise of their even being a Nights Watch anymore is retarded.

Night King is dead, and like Dom said, the unsullied JUST FUCKED OFF and there isnt anyone to enforce the exile.

They could of had Jon reunite with Ghost and maybe finally find his balls to declare he is going to pursue SOMETHING, but nope he JUST FUCKED OFF INTO THE WOODS.

At least Arya Polo had some type of purpose at the end, regardless of how retarded it was.

The Nights Watch existed for thousands of years after people stopped believing the Others were anything but myth. It’s a useful place to send people instead of outright executing them or banishing them to Essos.

Most of the rest of the six kingdoms probably thinks the Others and the undead are still myth and those crazy Northmen are making shit up. The Vale and Iron Islanders maybe exceptions.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chuk super trolling.
it looks like 2 guys, but there might be more. KL looks completely abandoned and destroyed, there are maybe ten people left running the Tower Of The Hand. yet these guys are talkingabout fixing sewers, building churches, ships and brothels. like really? maybe you should remove the million corpses first and start clearing away the rubble?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
She locked up her children in a basement for months when they killed a single innocent child. Totally in character to burn hundreds of thousands of innocents in King's Landing.
Didn't her advisors push her to do that?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
We need to pick a date and after that date everyone gets exactly 10 more posts in this thread and when they do their 10th post they are thread banned.

• 3Like
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 3 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The Nights Watch existed for thousands of years after people stopped believing the Others were anything but myth. It’s a useful place to send people instead of outright executing them or banishing them to Essos.

Most of the rest of the six kingdoms probably thinks the Others and the undead are still myth and those crazy Northmen are making shit up. The Vale and Iron Islanders maybe exceptions.

Free Folk
Over the ages, the people of the Seven Kingdoms to the south had largely forgotten why the Wall was constructed in the first place and came to believe that it exists to protect the realm from the wildlings, whom they regard as primitive savages and barbarians. However, the Night's Watch knows it was originally constructed to defend against the possible return of the near-mythical White Walkers. Since the White Walkers did not return for the past eight thousand years, the Night's Watch has mostly shifted its focus to preventing the wildlings from crossing south of the Wall, and sending out patrols into the wilderness to keep track of wildling movements. The shift of focus also reduced the Night's Watch from a band of honorable warriors into largely a penal colony for exiled criminals, disgraced noblemen, and bastards with no where else to go.

I guess an argument can be made but there has always been a perceived threat beyond the wall. I think the whole thing about keeping a NW reeks without actually having a good reason for it. Chalk it up to bad writing and stop trying to justify it, I really hope GRRM doesn't continue it without a sufficient reason.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The white walkers are not gone. Remember Crastor was handing over babies. Those white toddlers are up in the north at Wight Day Care and gonna want some revenge.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So much I haven’t read here so not sure if anyone else had the same line of thinking as me or not I’ve been traveling the last 4 days and haven’t been on here (just a couple posts in this thread is all) or the internet in general much until now.

So, Bran knows the future. He claims he is the three eyed raven and wasn’t Bran anymore.

Well, he confirmed to Sam knowing about Jon’s true origins. He did this knowing he would tell Jon which would lead to Jon telling both his sisters and Dany. He knew this would lead to the North not following Dany and lead to Dany viewing Jon as a threat which would also lead to Jon turning away from her which would also drive her mad and cause her to kill hundreds of thousands of innocents.

Bran knew it would lead to Jon killing Dany and even though he claimed to not be Bran anymore and not desire anything....at the end when asked to be the king he looks up with a slight smile and says “Why do you think I came all this way?”

Bran Stark was the true Mad King the whole time.

He also let Theon sacrifice himself unnecessarily, let Meera Reed drag him around for years and then went "kthxbye" to her, and will be the most horrific authoritarian king imaginable (imagine if the government was all-knowing and could see the future, it can't be anything but a totalitarian nightmare).

Ending would have been far better if Bran had let himself be wheeled into his chambers after the council meeting, and then as soon as he was alone there would be zoom in on his face and we saw his eyes flash blue.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
We need to pick a date and after that date everyone gets exactly 10 more posts in this thread and when they do their 10th post they are thread banned.
What is thread may never die.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
And all of that could have been interesting if they'd developed him into a Leto-like figure. Instead we get an autistic fan of antique wheelchair designs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
The white walkers are not gone. Remember Crastor was handing over babies. Those white toddlers are up in the north at Wight Day Care and gonna want some revenge.

the show white walkers are like the Tom Cruise vampires, any vampire you kill also kills all the vampires they turned and the NK is the master vampire walker so they all die in an explosion of water. The book white walkers are very different (and completely mysterious and pretty much unseen so far) as there isn't even a Night King in the books yet.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think an asterisk should be added to "the best story", it's the best story * for the people. Tyrion and Jon have great stories, but they also sided with Dany up until the moment she burned King's Landing to the ground. Arya has a great story, for us, but who knows her story really? And being a well oiled killing machine might not be the story you want for a King (or, in this case, Queen). Bran as a good story of trials and tribulations without being tainted by a long lasting alliance with Dany.

What did Bran really do, though? His "trials and tribulations" consisted of him sitting there while other people did the actual work. His only contributions were a few lines of dialogue

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I had just assumed the white people had agreed to send Jon to the nights watch because they knew thats where he wanted to go, and that he would go north of the wall to live with the wild people, and that no one in the north, including Sansa, would give a shit about Jon not actually staying there, and it made the brown unsullied people happy that they thought he was receiving a punishment, when it's just what he wanted? But to be honest, I don't follow the show intimately and I don't understand the vast majority of the nuances.
but why would the ENTIRE army of danny and grey worm accept this? they lived in essos, they have no concept of what the fuck the nights watch is, they AT MOST know thats where Jon is from, when he asked for help fighting zombies.

So in their limited barbarian, zero education i only know to stab stab stab and rape rape rape view, they're just sending Jon home???

• 3Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, isn't there some Great One up north that's like the anti Fire Lord?

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Did he want to go beyond the wall....for good?

yes . Why do they need to spell everything out? Good writing doesn't mean filling in every blank. A somewhat open-ended, yet heavily implied ending is just what was needed for Jon.
they didn't have him watch the gate shut just for shits and giggles. There's obvious intent behind shots like that