GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Xevy

Log Wizard
Felt kind of weak. No Stoneheart. The "....last time on Game of Thrones" before the show fucking ruined the Stannis surprise.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Surprised about no LSH, but oh well. Episode was still pretty boss without it. Biggest disappointment was no line about Tywin not shitting gold after all.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Brienne/Hound fight was pretty fucking awesome. It was right up there with the Oberyn/Mountain fight, imho. No Stoneheart but I guess they need to save something for next season. I have a hard choice to make next season and either watch it and be spoiled because the next book isn't out or just pass on the season and wait for the book. Argggh... that fucker better get the next book out ASAP!

Edit: No Lannister shits gold line... pretty bummed about that. Big book change in that Varys doesn't leave Kings Landing because he has to kill the other Lannister that becomes hand(the name escapes me atm) iirc.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
That episode was fucking horseshit. They ruin the interaction between Jaime and Tyrion by basically leaving it out entirely, and no Stoneheart. They thought this was their best finale? Whatever.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Uhh I thought it was pretty damn awesome. Not sure what the obsession is with Stoneheart but I'd imagine they would want it for an "oh shit" moment in season 5.

Araxen

That episode was fucking horseshit. They ruin the interaction between Jaime and Tyrion by basically leaving it out entirely, and no Stoneheart. They thought this was their best finale? Whatever.
They did it in a previous episode to be honest. Tyrion says he killed Joffrey when Jamie questioned him on it in the book but in the show Tyrion admits he didn't kill him.

Merrith

The changes were a little weird, was it really necessary to have Brienne fight the Hound? Other than another badass fight why make that change. Leaving out the line kind of sucked, but Tyrion getting justice was still great. As someone else mentioned, I guess this means no Kevan if Varys leaves King's Landing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uhh I thought it was pretty damn awesome. Not sure what the obsession is with Stoneheart but I'd imagine they would want it for an "oh shit" moment in season 5.
I get the impression this is just the vocal minority bitching about the episode, and that eventually it'll be a consensus good episode. I hope. Downloading now while we walk the dog.

Sounds like most of the complaints are more to do with "that's not how it was in the book." The non-spoiler reactions seem positive.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I wish they had saved the Darth Sansa scene for this episode. There would have been a lot of symbolism in showing the 4 Starks each ready to train under a new master.

Rickon doesn't count. He is literally fucking useless. Though, knowing GRRM, Rickon is probably going to be the king at the end of all the books after he's slaughtered every other character.

Anyway, this episode was awesome. Skeleton battle was fucking sweet for a TV show.

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I guess the TV show won't be letting us know where whores go. They pretty blatantly confirmed the Mountain = Ser Robert Strong (not that there was much doubt). Overall they just tried to cram too much into one episode and it felt rushed.