Grand Theft Auto VI

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Except I didn't make the claim that the $2B number was definitely correct. I expressed incredulity at the claim, and asked the thread for verification while mockingly comparing the claim to overbloated defense contractor budgets. Which you took and ran with in your breathless idiocy as sperging and listening to social media in a confirmation bias inspired red mist of seething hatred.

Let me be clear, I am expressing indifference and mockery at Rockstar's potential wokery and incompetence, not hatred. As myself and others have mentioned the wokery might be there but also might be mocked as in past games, and that's fine. The $2B might be worth it because it makes back 10, or 15, or some other crazy number. Who knows at this point?

But to exaggerate any criticism -be it well-reasoned or wrong-headed- into the equivalent of someone having a spittle-flecked meltdown in an attempt at shaming and deflecting away from any issues the game may end up having is just hurting your own credibility as a poster.
A black-pilled accelerationist, an asshat semi-finalist, and a 49ers fan, and you are worried about his credibility???

• 7Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
A black-pilled accelerationist, an asshat semi-finalist, and a 49ers fan, and you are worried about his credibility???
I mostly wanted to take the opportunity to use the term 'spittle-flecked'.

Felt good.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But to exaggerate any criticism -be it well-reasoned or wrong-headed- into the equivalent of someone having a spittle-flecked meltdown in an attempt at shaming and deflecting away from any issues the game may end up having is just hurting your own credibility as a poster.
Conversely, jumping to conclusions based on a "leak" from a 17 year old hacker and automatically casting the game/developer in a "woke" light is hurting your credibility as a poster as well.

We know almost nothing about the details of the game. Maybe it's woke, maybe it isn't. But there's already this "probably woke" gaslighting bullshit going on based on info from some 17 year old and social media's coverage of it - it's a great barometer on where we're at in terms of discourse in the world nowadays. Opinions > facts. All so you can go, "SEE!!! WOKE!! KNEW IT!!!!!!!". Like I said, some of you seriously enjoy being fucking constantly upset at the world and having your pessimistic attitudes confirmed because it's easy and costs you nothing.

But, this is the new FoH forum meta, I guess: jump to conclusions based on little more than some fucking clickbait headline designed to farm web traffic, treat it as fact or "mostly true" at worst, and then accuse anybody who questions, asks for citations, or mocks it as nothing more than, "you trolling dawg!".

It really is becoming the equivalent of, "RACIST" when presented with information or questions of "the facts" that don't conform to preconceived notions or ego investments. I'd encourage you to not become as NPC and dronelike as you accuse others of being.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Aint no one wanting to see shawkneeqwas twerk as a marquee advertisement.
124 million and counting, on top of being farmed for content from other people, and keeping people talking. Just be happy when you see a street take over, knowing how you can just plow in the middle of it.. and recreate

We're just old, and these games aren't marketed towards that.

But also, didn't MW3 have a $1b budget? I remember hearing it was high, but I'd imagine that is through its entire life cycle and multiple studios.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It really is becoming the equivalent of, "RACIST" when presented with information or questions of "the facts" that don't conform to preconceived notions or ego investments. I'd encourage you to not become as NPC and dronelike as you accuse others of being.
It's just horseshoe theory. The most committed on the left and right are very happy to throw a fit over anything that challenges their ideology.

• 1Midwit
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This is going to be awesome.

Woke ruining this franchise would be a great signal.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
.But, this is the new FoH forum meta,

Have you seen the TV/movies forum at any point over the last year?

LachiusTZ LachiusTZ insisted the wire was woke.

Sometimes the complaints are justified (Disney, star wars etc) sometimes they're not. Sometimes shows can be satirising woke and sometimes this satire goes over people's heads)

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's just horseshoe theory. The most committed on the left and right are very happy to throw a fit over anything that challenges their ideology.
You're not immune to this if you don't identify as "left' or "right."

• 3Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Keep in mind GTA is now a basically GAS game that lasts a decade or more. Is monetized with cash shops and DLC and they keep releasing content and freshening up the game. and im sure the monetization of GT6 will be cranked up to 11 this time around. This is not really a single player game anymore as the earlier iterations of GTA were. So in reality they are spending the $2bil upfront but they have ways of getting people to shell out money long term. supposedly this game has the biggest open world in a game of its kind as well. It will definitely set standards as far as content goes. I think this is not really setting a precedent on cost of game, but more like is one of a kind franchise. BG3 cost like $100 million and look at what we got.

There isnt too many of these types of GAS games on the market but ones like Warframe, Destiny 2, make hundreds of millions of dollars each year. And they have no where near the unit sales that GTA5 had which is like almost 200 million units sold since 2013.

GTA V is the second best-selling video game of all time with over 185 million copies shipped across different platforms. Additionally, with about $8 billion in worldwide revenue, it is one of the most financially successful products of all time.

So it just seems like they are cranking shit up to 11 with everything about GTA6. Including their revenue projections. IF this 2 billion dollars to make is even true. I would like to hear this from the source rather than rumors and innuendos because it is a figure that is orders of magnitude greater than anything before it and kind of hard to believe. If it holds true the dev costs per year over the span of development from 2014 to 2025 is something like $165 million per year, which is crazy. Its like making a AAA title game every year.
This reminded me about one fact I've noticed. If you look up Russian streamers on Twitch you will see that they only play two games. Men play CS:GO and women play GTA Online. If the West was serious about bankrupting Russia, they'd lift the sanctions, but order Valve and Rockstar to put out special Russian themed items for the game, such as Adidas track suits, AK-47s, T72 tanks and god knows what else, all $20 DLCs. Have them release all this stuff on the same day. The sheer amount of dollars flowing out of Russia back to the USA to buy all this shit would crash the Rubel and the Russian economy.

• 3Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I almost hope this game is super duper ultra mega woke, want to see what Rockstar does with it.
Okay.
Animated GIF

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Conversely, jumping to conclusions based on a "leak" from a 17 year old hacker and automatically casting the game/developer in a "woke" light is hurting your credibility as a poster as well.

We know almost nothing about the details of the game. Maybe it's woke, maybe it isn't. But there's already this "probably woke" gaslighting bullshit going on based on info from some 17 year old and social media's coverage of it - it's a great barometer on where we're at in terms of discourse in the world nowadays. Opinions > facts. All so you can go, "SEE!!! WOKE!! KNEW IT!!!!!!!". Like I said, some of you seriously enjoy being fucking constantly upset at the world and having your pessimistic attitudes confirmed because it's easy and costs you nothing.

But, this is the new FoH forum meta, I guess: jump to conclusions based on little more than some fucking clickbait headline designed to farm web traffic, treat it as fact or "mostly true" at worst, and then accuse anybody who questions, asks for citations, or mocks it as nothing more than, "you trolling dawg!".

Yeah, in 2023, with ESG money seemingly flowing like KY on SF street corner, its nothing like BS accusations of Racism. We live in the pop culture ruins of Wokism over the last decade, with numerous previously amazing IPs now smoldering husks of their previous glory due to the Message™ and Wokism, having been hijacked and worn like skinsuits as Corporate Overlords sought to make easy money from their existing IPs rather than build new ones, deciding to try to shoehorn it into existing popular properties. So now we have seen so many failed IPs and other Woke Garbage:

-Star Wars
-Star Trek (except for Picard S3)
-Indiana Jones
-MCU (all of phase 4)
-The Witcher on TV (Really almost everything on Netflix except ~Stranger Things and One Piece)
-Doctor Who
-Amazon's Tolkien adaptation
-Race Swapping Every Redhead in Hollywood for a POC
-Girlbosses Galore
-and a thousand more things that don't jump out at me on a Sunday evening

People have reason to be skeptical and "jumpy". Don't act like its the same "use accusations of offensive behavior to achieve power" behavior that the Left has utilized for the last 30 years which has made the accusations almost meaningless. We have continuous concrete examples of companies making Woke trash that has failed at the box office and on the small screen. There may have been occasions where someone perhaps jumped the gun on calling something "Woke" that ended up not being that bad, I can't recall right now but to claim someone is the boy who cried "wolf" when we live in a world ravaged by wolves, that is completely ridiculous.

• 7Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if the ESG money is ever going to "run out" at this point. It seems like there's more money devoted to this communist subversion than most countries have in their coffers.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I wonder if the ESG money is ever going to "run out" at this point. It seems like there's more money devoted to this communist subversion than most countries have in their coffers.

It'll only run out when they completely destroy the middle class, but there are still so many people eager to jump into the rat race that's probably never going to happen.

The middle class is being redefined not as building a life, which was a challenge, but by having things that make life easy and the notion you won't have to think about the complicated things in life.

Women are convincing men that middle class means living in an apartment being able to afford TVs and phones, all the streaming apps, and being able to Uber eats food that isn't frozen from a box half the time.

The next generations will own nothing, and like it, and be taxed into oblivion for their trouble. Same as us, only we won't like it. And our taxes will fund the woke nonsense that young men will be accused of racism/sexism/transphobia for not wanting to watch with their barren female identifying life partners who would rather have fur babies than build a family or legacy.

They might at least let us have good GTA ga my es though, if they're smart, to keep us distracted. Fingers crossed.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, in 2023, with ESG money seemingly flowing like KY on SF street corner, its nothing like BS accusations of Racism. We live in the pop culture ruins of Wokism over the last decade, with numerous previously amazing IPs now smoldering husks of their previous glory due to the Message™ and Wokism, having been hijacked and worn like skinsuits as Corporate Overlords sought to make easy money from their existing IPs rather than build new ones, deciding to try to shoehorn it into existing popular properties. So now we have seen so many failed IPs and other Woke Garbage:

-Star Wars
-Star Trek (except for Picard S3)
-Indiana Jones
-MCU (all of phase 4)
-The Witcher on TV (Really almost everything on Netflix except ~Stranger Things and One Piece)
-Doctor Who
-Amazon's Tolkien adaptation
-Race Swapping Every Redhead in Hollywood for a POC
-Girlbosses Galore
-and a thousand more things that don't jump out at me on a Sunday evening

People have reason to be skeptical and "jumpy". Don't act like its the same "use accusations of offensive behavior to achieve power" behavior that the Left has utilized for the last 30 years which has made the accusations almost meaningless. We have continuous concrete examples of companies making Woke trash that has failed at the box office and on the small screen. There may have been occasions where someone perhaps jumped the gun on calling something "Woke" that ended up not being that bad, I can't recall right now but to claim someone is the boy who cried "wolf" when we live in a world ravaged by wolves, that is completely ridiculous.
All I'm saying is that I'm willing to "wait and see" with the company who has been allowing me to blow the heads off of hookers who just sucked my dick and get my money back for the better part of 20 years, rather than constantly tilt at windmills.

But if you want to put the outrage cart before the horse, be my guest. I heard a lot of this same rhetoric regarding how "woke" BG3 was and I basically had zero of the "woke" bullshit people supposedly dealt with. Why? Because I made the game/experience my own, as any game like this allows for. I created a party of 4 dwarf paladins and killed the living shit out of any party members or NPCs that said some borderline woke/gay shit. And you know what? BG3 was probably the best gaming experience I've had since ME2.

That is exactly what I mean about being careful staring into the abyss too long. If all you have is a hammer, everything is going to look like a nail.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
All I'm saying is that I'm willing to "wait and see" with the company who has been allowing me to blow the heads off of hookers who just sucked my dick and get my money back for the better part of 20 years, rather than constantly tilt at windmills.

But if you want to put the outrage cart before the horse, be my guest. I heard a lot of this same rhetoric regarding how "woke" BG3 was and I basically had zero of the "woke" bullshit people supposedly dealt with. Why? Because I made the game/experience my own, as any game like this allows for. I created a party of 4 dwarf paladins and killed the living shit out of any party members or NPCs that said some borderline woke/gay shit. And you know what? BG3 was probably the best gaming experience I've had since ME2.

That is exactly what I mean about being careful staring into the abyss too long. If all you have is a hammer, everything is going to look like a nail.
It would have been a lot easier to say "Let's wait and see if the company that have previously let us kill and run over hookers has gone Woke" than the kill-the-Messenger, FOH-WOKE=RACISM-New-boss-same-as-the-old-boss screed you posted above.

• 2Like