Grand Theft Auto VI

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Bro, wtf? Are you having a stroke?

I just asked if the video had any data to back up the claims.
OK, so you're just trolling the thread. Don't make me call Foler Foler in here to show you how it's supposed to be done.

Damn, 8th post... curses!

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's going to be a lot of woke shit.
Nah, GTA5 made fun of both side, it was fantastic. They already have the ghetto culture and the Florida men in the game
how are you going to make a woke game in Florida
I will be happy if this game offensive both side of the political horseshoe, like a good GTA game
plus, there seems to be a pill popping, emotions are bad billboard in the background of the trailer

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys joke, but what you're talking about is Banshee: Online

I would play the shit out of that.

As for the trailer: Main character is a bitch? Sigh. I guess Kirun can RP amazon-position fucking all the male hookers or something, but for the rest of us... not so sure about that choice. Maybe they're trying to capitalize on all of those successful and popular crime movies and shows with female main chara.... oh.

Hopefully they do the GTA5 thing and you're 1 of three characters. It was always kind of funny to play as 1 of the other guys in 5, then if you switched over to Trevor he was doing something completely fucked up and random and sometimes hilarious.
Nah, the leak said it was Bonnie and Clyde type of story in Miami, the leak where that autistic kid down the dev footage showed a lot

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I still question why we can't get a game base in Houston or Boston as a setting
Boston might be funny with the accents and all, but Houston? Meh.

New Orleans, Las Vegas, Chicago, or DC would be better. They could do TONS of memes with DC, but I bet it'd be too controversial/threatening.

I wonder if they're going to do any offshore/smuggling/Havana type stuff in this coming one? The Colin Farrell Miami Vice was all about that, so...

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Being from Florida, this shit hits that current-day Florida.. they even added that clown that wanted to be the real-life joker, some influencer wannabe that, iirc, got into it with boonk gang.. another influencer who was filming himself robbing drunken donuts in broad daylight(also florida). I fucking lol'd.
View attachment 503061View attachment 503060

Unfortunately, that is the reality we live in. It probably doesn't help that their biggest income is from an average worldstar patron, esp from the amount of people that I have seen on things like RP which more or less keep GTA5 alive regarding any kind of conversation. It does sprinkle in some of the white bits of Florida, and I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a reference to Sausage Castle; tldr a massive party house of drugs guns and strippers ran by Gary Busey's nephew.. we're long past the cocaine days of Florida. Fentanyl, Codeine, and Xanax.

I'd imagine that while the female is the "lead" its probably something along the lines of playing as male/female via GTA5 with the three characters.. and allowing the upsurge of female gamers to have a stand-in. Again, the RP community is huge and there are a lot of females that play and want "representational" characters to more than likely play as. It's more than likely a bonnie and clyde story.
I haven't heard boonk gang in years, he is a super Christian now

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes, Florida Culture.

bugsbunnysawingflorida.gif
Exactly, follow a lot of Florida people on IG, I see ass shaking, Hispanics and blacks riding Dirt bikes in the street, and car people. It looks like Florida from someone that not from Florida

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Boston might be funny with the accents and all, but Houston? Meh.

New Orleans, Las Vegas, Chicago, or DC would be better. They could do TONS of memes with DC, but I bet it'd be too controversial/threatening.

I wonder if they're going to do any offshore/smuggling/Havana type stuff in this coming one? The Colin Farrell Miami Vice was all about that, so...
Exactly I'm just throwing out ideas, Boston would be funny it would be dope to have some Irish mafia shit in it

yeah, when I think of GTA I think of crime films as a whole they write themselves, I would suppose that to be a mission. Going to start looking crime films that take place in miami

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bro, wtf? Are you having a stroke?

I just asked if the video had any data to back up the claims.

And you just missed the part where all this was known a year and two months ago after rockstar was hacked the fuck out of - including the source code. Whoever is controlling the Bot for Kirun Kirun have chat GBT summarize the 9-18-22 hack. Maybe that will be easier.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
And you just missed the part where all this was known a year and two months ago after rockstar was hacked the fuck out of - including the source code. Whoever is controlling the Bot for Kirun Kirun have chat GBT summarize the 9-18-22 hack. Maybe that will be easier.
Have a link of all the info? I know about the "hack" and the leaked images, possible female protagonist, etc. But I didn't know it included info that GTA 6 has an op ex cost of 2 bil. Considering that even Star Citizen has only spent 400m, I find that really hard to believe. But if you have the deetz, link 'em.

• 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think Nola would be too much like GTA6's depictions of Vice City.. 1980s Vice, different.. but modern-day miami/florida.. its pretty damn close. Same boggy/swampy bullshit, with an innercity and country folk melting pot with a tourism focus.. main benefit of Florida is the higher diversity of people and lack of heavy Creole/French.. either way, while its "Miami" a lot of the cultural references are more regional than directly specific..

Could be wrong, but I feel like GTA5's San Andreas feels inherently Los Angeles, but it pulls San Fran, Pheonix, and Vegas in.. and Liberty City pulls New York, Chicago, and Boston.. as this Vice City while Florida, will have some Mobile, Atlanta, Nola, shit even Houston.

But also, Vice City has legacy hype.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If true they will be spending $3B for sure before release in 2025. They'll need to make like $6B on the game to eclipse their previous profits, which is nutso clown world.

Might be a straw big enough to break the backs of AAA development.

Yeah, these games are getting so advanced that I don't see how AAA games continue to move forward without becoming prohibitively expensive.

Imagine an open world Elden Ring scale game on the PS6 built ground-up in whatever the latest version of UE5 is by then. Sure it'll sell gangbusters, but it'll cost so much to make that a lot of dev studios are going to either fall by the wayside or go all-in with the "retro" market and making games that look like NES games.

At the rate AI is going, though, it might be the saving grace for AAA development. If they get it to where AI can do a lot of the heavy lifting, maybe things continue progressing and we don't end up in a nightmarish hellscape of NES-style beat 'em ups and a couple actual advanced AAA Ubisoft games.