Gravy's Cooking Thread

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can reuse fry oil a few times if you filter it through some cheesecloth. After that, the fats start to saponify.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Made this yesterday. I bought Dutch Oven because I think they are cool so I've been experimenting with stuff to make in it.

Dutch Oven Hippy Chili

I was going to make a more normal Texas style chili but this one looked good and I've never actually cooked with quinoa before. Ended up being quite delicious and very simple to throw together. Also very cheap.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That looks good. I'm making chili right now, haven't had chili in months since I was on this low carb thing so I'm looking forward to it. I made A Bowl of Red a few months ago. It's alright, I wouldn't make it again though.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Pork butt with chipotles in the oven since 5am, a big pot of black eyed peas and ham bones that simmered all day yesterday, and cornbread and biscuits from scratch getting ready to bake. Should be a nice day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Hey ladies and gents. First time poster long time reader. Always been apprehensive of sharing the things that I enjoy making but thought I would start the new year out not giving a shit, and the political thread has got my blood boiling. So without further ado..

Edit

Sorry, dumb shit phone

Anyways. Sous vide prime rib
vxywi8.jpg
you

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hey ladies and gents. First time poster long time reader. Always been apprehensive of sharing the things that I enjoy making but thought I would start the new year out not giving a shit, and the political threat has got my blood boiling. So without further ado..

Edit

Sorry, dumb shit phone

Anyways. Sous vide prime rib
View attachment 109929 you

Sir, you felt that this wasn't a safe space share your love of beef?

Because it is!

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looks well cooked. But is anyone else skeeved out by the fat marbling? I want to trim everything away except the smallest "veins".

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Looks well cooked. But is anyone else skeeved out by the fat marbling? I want to trim everything away except the smallest "veins".

130 degrees F

Toasted that fucker in the oven at 550. May not have been my best attempt, but the family ate it up (assholes didn't leave me any leftovers), but can't complain.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Too much fat for a finished cook in my books, but that is subjective. Looks like you did a nice job finishing it. Post more. Pictures of beef are always welcome here!

• 1Solidarity

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
130 degrees F

Toasted that fucker in the oven at 550. May not have been my best attempt, but the family ate it up (assholes didn't leave me any leftovers), but can't complain.
Sorry, I meant you did a good job cooking it, not that you cooked it to "well done".

Supposedly marbling is supposed to melt as you cook it, but I don't see how you cook a prime rib to the correct temperature and render all that fat at the same time.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Sorry, I meant you did a good job cooking it, not that you cooked it to "well done".

Supposedly marbling is supposed to melt as you cook it, but I don't see how you cook a prime rib to the correct temperature and render all that fat at the same time.
No worries, bud. You are absolutely right regarding the fat rendering. I'm not sure I'd use the same method on my next roast. It was more of an experiment with the Anova then anything else. The thing is, prime rib roasts typically don't ever render all the fat like a normal steak. You're supposed to get a mouthful of raw, natural fat, or just eat around it. I may be totally wrong, but that's always been my understanding when it comes to the cut.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That fatty part is normal and fine. The amount of time it would take to cook it off would turn the meat into mush.

Plus, it's fat like that which makes this little strip so goddamn delicious on rib steaks:

3TCq6Q1.png

• 1Solidarity