Gravy's Cooking Thread

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I made homemade chicken stock for the first time. I tasted it after, and of course it doesn't taste like much without seasoning, but I was a little worried I made it too weak.

I was wrong. I made a quick chicken soup, seasoned it up, let it reduce a little, and it tasted amazing. So much better than commercial stocks and bases. It has almost a sweetness to it.

10/10 will stock again

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I made homemade chicken stock for the first time. I tasted it after, and of course it doesn't taste like much without seasoning, but I was a little worried I made it too weak.

I was wrong. I made a quick chicken soup, seasoned it up, let it reduce a little, and it tasted amazing. So much better than commercial stocks and bases. It has almost a sweetness to it.

10/10 will stock again
Did you roast the bones?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
After they thawed in the bath I pulled them out and resealed them.

Just put a minor amount of chili powder, pepper, garlic salt, and chopped onion on them. Tomorrow I will figure out a garlic paste or a pepper crust and broil them with that on it.

Iy8dqUf.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What's that container? I need something like that... right now I'm just using a large stock pot and it's shitty.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder how the amazon prices compare to a local Cash'n'Carry or other Pro/Am Restaurant supply store for these bins.

Most things I just assume amazon's going to have them beat, but I've been surprised on stuff like this in the past.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hehe is that good or bad thing? I hope to hear more!
Best chef I know, so it's a compliment.

Prepares feasts like the one you just described, but the potatoes au gratin is one of his staples for a proper dinner lol.

Just getting into cooking myself. Little by little things taste better each time lol.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
potatoes au gratin is one of his staples for a proper dinner
A to the men on that.

A properly done au gratin I feel shows your skill set. I am probably 100% wrong on that but I feel I can instantly tell how much someone cares about their cooking if I eat their au gratin.

Potatoes too hard? They don't put the effort in.
Potatoes too soft? They try to hard but don't know what they are doing.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's also very anal retentive about his cooking. If the meat is even the slightest bit overdone he throws a hissy fit (and we eat our steaks b&b).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Mmmm. I've eaten it several times, but never prepared it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have. I've done it fried in a dry pan so it has a crispy but not coloured sear. put it on fresh baked bread, mouth orgasm.

Serve it cold with a hot compote. mouth orgasm.

I guess we'll see how the mood hits me.