Gravy's Cooking Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hrmm no baja sauce recipe and I haven't seen it for sale in years. Creamy jalapeno sauce is not the same, at all.

0/Stuft, for shame, etc!!!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Hrmm no baja sauce recipe and I haven't seen it for sale in years. Creamy jalapeno sauce is not the same, at all.

The two best sauces Taco Bell ever had were 4-Alarm sauce, and the avocado lime that they used to use on the steak tacos. 4-Alarm I don't think got a nationwide release though. When I worked there back in high school I think we were a test bed store, and at one point we got a trial run of three different tacos that were fancier than the regular taco supreme.

Fire & ice, The Works, and the Santa Fe.

Fire and ice- meat, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, 4 alarm, tomato

Works - meat, lettuce, three cheese, sour cream, guacamole, tomato

Santa Fe - meat, lettuce, three cheese, Santa Fe / Baja sauce, and Santa Fe salsa which was basically a pico de gallo of black beans and corn

Four alarm was a Cayenne cream sauce. When we had it in the store we used to put it on everything if you were making your own food. It was honestly the best, but the Santa Fe sauce was really good too, and I believe renamed to Baja.

All of them were great, but the best part was being able to use things like the black bean corn salsa, the four alarm sauce, etc on your own concoctions whenever you were working. We came up with a hell of a lot of really tasty stuff.

Late 90s Taco Bell was the Pinnacle of fast food perfection.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Orly?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded try the chik fil a Avocado Lime Ranch to scratch that itch. They sell it at local grocers here and it's pretty good.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Dr.Retarded Dr.Retarded try the chik fil a Avocado Lime Ranch to scratch that itch. They sell it at local grocers here and it's pretty good.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

The Taco Bell one I've tried to replicate, but there's just something off. Might be the combo of the old steak meat from the 90s early 00s. They just really knocked that one out of the park for such a simple combination, at least to me.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Sludig Sludig got to use some of your 150 lb of potatoes with this nice recipe. We make something pretty similar if I'm doing fish or just roasted chicken or whatever, that's nice and easy and compliments pretty much anything.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Ended up a lot 190lbs, and 10-15 out so of various onions.

Quite a few chunky 1.5 to 2lb red potatoes and gold

• 1Quality Calories

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
speaking of potatoes got this thing cuz...

well, theres not really a reason
ecc06eade77fcc4ffe75e205c4be3f5a.jpg

ppl said it creates a nice smooth velet texture

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
That's awesome. Let us know what you end up doing with them. No bullshit.
So far imitation taco bell spicy tater taco's. Huge pot of italian sausage and kale potato soup, couple rounds of shepherds pie. Going to just fry some more with a recipie to try and make blooming onions out of the little pearl onions in the deep fryer.

ALso started trading w/ a few neighbors/coworkers kinda thing.,

• 1Trump
  • 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So far imitation taco bell spicy tater taco's. Huge pot ofd italian sausage and kale potato soup, couple rounds of shepherds pie. Going to just fry some more with a recipie to try and make blooming onions out of the little pearl onions in the deep fryer.

Gordon Ramsay Fox GIF by MasterChef Junior

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So far imitation taco bell spicy tater taco's. Huge pot of italian sausage and kale potato soup, couple rounds of shepherds pie. Going to just fry some more with a recipie to try and make blooming onions out of the little pearl onions in the deep fryer.

Could probably shred a bunch up and prep to use for hashbrowns too. Maybe get a mold of some kind to make the patty style?

No idea if this recipe is any good, but this is the idea:

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Could probably shred a bunch up and prep to use for hashbrowns too. Maybe get a mold of some kind to make the patty style?

No idea if this recipe is any good, but this is the idea:
Everyone acts like if I freeze they turn to pudding otherwise that's kinda what I wanted prep a ton of wedges, mashed, hash etc.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Everyone acts like if I freeze they turn to pudding otherwise that's kinda what I wanted prep a ton of wedges, mashed, hash etc.
You probably just have to blanch them first rather than freezing raw shredded potato. You can probably find some workable instructions online pretty easily.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Used tiny grill with the basket, it's great. I put the wire basket over the regular grate and this way the meat just sticks to the basket instead of the hibachi grill grate so it's easier to flip

0617241737_HDR.jpg

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Used tiny grill with the basket, it's great. I put the wire basket over the regular grate and this way the meat just sticks to the basket instead of the hibachi grill grate so it's easier to flip

View attachment 533371
Just chicken thighs right? Kind of hard to tell from the photo. I guess that was just kind of a yakitory deal?

I ran out of bed b&b log charcoal but I had suggested. It lasted a good long time but I haven't been able to find it since then. I've been to Academy in a while though so they might have a bag. That stuff burned longer and hotter than anything else I've bought so far.