Gravy's Cooking Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
beats me, i cut everything up to the size of a chicken wing cuz that was the container size for my yakitori dip.

i was at costco lastweek and they had bags of cowboy lump, so my next cook will be w/ that

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm putting this here because I really like this guy's channel and his seasoning. Poor bastard just had his dog died then his fucking house burned down.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm putting this here because I really like this guy's channel and his seasoning. Poor bastard just had his dog died then his fucking house burned down.

Fuck me, he lost the Major. I guess I haven't seen that video yet but I've been subscribed to him for years. Man that sucks.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Seananigans Seananigans Adams getting his chicken tonight.

IMG_20240620_200116043_HDR~2.jpg

We haven't done just old fashioned barbecue chicken in a while, I had a bunch of floating around in the freezer. My wife is pissed off cuz she's wanting to read a book, but I put her on potato salad duty. Baked beans, slaw, and some grilled corn.

Just good summer food.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

Him, Chef JP and DanVasc are my only 3 YouTube subs/like/bell i have heh

Sad to hear about the puppet and house.

The story about Kent and his wife (current? I forgot if he had one before) is interesting… thankful for her, has she basically got him out of his shell to do more and YT.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Him, Chef JP and DanVasc are my only 3 YouTube subs/like/bell i have heh

Sad to hear about the puppet and house.

The story about Kent and his wife (current? I forgot if he had one before) is interesting… thankful for her, has she basically got him out of his shell to do more and YT.
Chef JP and Kent are my two go to's also.

• 2Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Chef JP and Kent are my two go to's also.
Can't leave out the man with the freakishly small wooden spoon...

My wife actually bought me one is a gag gift I think for my birthday or Christmas one year. I think one of the dogs chewed it up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Thought this was interesting. Been enjoying a lot from these guys. It's no BS professional chef tips and tricks. Kind of wish he would have done triple cooked as a baseline though along with everything since that's the big culinary standard over there.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
On my ongoing struggle to use up all the garden veggies, the cucumbers have hit. She waited too long and they are too big even for a wakandan after 5 kids to use as a toy. But remarkably despite over size still sweet wife said.

I can't stand cucumber at all, one of those DNA things makes it taste bad kinda things. But she's discovered overnight pickles and they were so popular at her work she's got one guy wanting to pay $10 a jar.

Hoping to keep chugging along because tomato crop is almost upon us.

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
On my ongoing struggle to use up all the garden veggies, the cucumbers have hit. She waited too long and they are too big even for a wakandan after 5 kids to use as a toy. But remarkably despite over size still sweet wife said.

I can't stand cucumber at all, one of those DNA things makes it taste bad kinda things. But she's discovered overnight pickles and they were so popular at her work she's got one guy wanting to pay $10 a jar.

Hoping to keep chugging along because tomato crop is almost upon us.
That sucks, I know some people say they just taste the bitter to them, kind of the same deal with cilantro tasting like dish soap. Great way to use them though.

Man, I hope we have a lot of cucumbers on the way. I've always liked them since I was a kid, probably one of my favorite vegetables. We always do a lot of quick pickles and toss them into salads and stuff. If I'm feeling lazy and just need a vegetable side, I'll typically slice one up I'm through some dressing or maybe a simple vinaigrette on them, maybe chop up a little bit of tomato and green onion. Typically we always have them on hand, I'm especially during summer it's just a nice refreshing salad, I can pretty much go with any grilled fare.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That sucks, I know some people say they just taste the bitter to them, kind of the same deal with cilantro tasting like dish soap. Great way to use them though.

Man, I hope we have a lot of cucumbers on the way. I've always liked them since I was a kid, probably one of my favorite vegetables. We always do a lot of quick pickles and toss them into salads and stuff. If I'm feeling lazy and just need a vegetable side, I'll typically slice one up I'm through some dressing or maybe a simple vinaigrette on them, maybe chop up a little bit of tomato and green onion. Typically we always have them on hand, I'm especially during summer it's just a nice refreshing salad, I can pretty much go with any grilled fare.
I don't really remember having them much as a kid, don't know if my parents weren't into them or what. Anyway, enjoy them quite a bit now and both of my girls go through them like crazy.

• 1Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't really remember having them much as a kid, don't know if my parents weren't into them or what. Anyway, enjoy them quite a bit now and both of my girls go through them like crazy.
My nephew loves them. He's a picky eater but it's one of the things he's eaten since he was a little kid, and loves them.

I just remember since I was little it was something my mom always fed us, and when she was being lazy and we needed to have a vegetable, she would just quarter one up and you'd have cucumber slices or spears or something. Just always liked them. I can eat them raw no problem, if I just need a snack like I'll go in and cut one up.

The wife wasn't a huge fan of them originally but the different ways that I guess I use them she loves them now. She actually makes a Asian salad where you use a peeler to make strips of an English cucumber, carrot, and daikon, and maybe sometimes chop up a little bit of cabbage, and you use various Asian pantry sauces to make a vinaigrette. We do that a lot if I make teriyaki chicken or something. Ken's steakhouse dressings as an Asian sesame dressing that will also use or doctor up.

I'm not necessarily a huge fan of those types of dressings but that one's really delicious specifically with those vegetables, especially with some acidity like rice wine vinegar or the tarragon vinegar that I always buy. You can also put a little bit of cilantro or Thai basil in there. It's one of those things that I could probably eat every day, and that pretty much goes for cucumbers.

I guess that's why I'm excited and hoping our cucumber crop will produce this summer along with our tomatoes. We got plenty of basil, and I think we got a lot of good salads in the future.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Quickles are the bomb.
Hell yeah!

We do that though with a lot of just leftover raw vegetables we need to put to a purpose. Green beans, onions, celery, asparagus, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, whatever is available. Dump it all into a big pickle jar, and let it rip. Normally eaten pretty quick or just snacks or if we're doing cheese and crackers or something. Always nice to also dice it up and throw it onto a sandwich because it's like a poor man's jardinera, or whatever the hell it's called.

We ought to start doing some serious jarring or canning. Son of a wife knows how to do it and it's not complicated, it's just time and sterilizing. I figure once the summer garden starts to really harvest, we're going to preserve quite a bit of stuff. If the tomatoes hopefully come through,

I plan on jarring up quite a bit, unless I consume it all eating caprese salad every night, hehe. I could eat that stuff everyday, especially during the summer time when tomatoes are in season.

Out of the times we buy campari's from the grocery store, and when you pick up the container during the summer you can just smell how good they are during the season. I know they're not as good as homegrown, but HEB is pretty good about selling some really tasty ones. The last couple of containers we got were super sweet, and it's probably my favorite type of tomato. After all got to do something with all the basil.

Last edited:

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Trying this tonight, ignored portions of potatoes and what not since I'm trying to use them, worried I'll end up with not enough flavor of the box, and I just cut up a beef arm roast I had in the freezer small. forgot tenderizer options besides the skewers so I gave it 20 minutes in soy sauce I think drained off, thought that was said to soften it up a bit.

1000004647.jpg
1000004646.jpg

• 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Is the curry stuff just a sauce basically out of that pack, and you added the taters and carrots and what have you?

Looks really good. First thing that comes to my mind is just good beef stew, but I guess if it's the Japanese stuff it's got a taste a little bit different, but maybe it doesn't. I don't know I've never had Japanese Curry before.

Enjoy...