Green Monster Games - Curt Schilling

Maxxius_foh

shitlord
Ngruk said:
We aren"t talking about federal court in Clemens case, it"s the court of public opinion. If you don"t care what people say then it"s no problem. As a fan of his, and I do believe he"s the greatest pitcher that ever lived, I want him to clear his name.
The "trainer talking" aspect of this is why it"s where it is. Andy Pettitte and Roger"s personal trainer has stated that he injected them both with PED"s, Andy has since admitted and apologized, Roger has issued a denial.
I guess I am as jaded as everyone else in that I need more than that now to be convinced he didn"t, fair or not I can"t deny feeling that way.
People in all honesty, do you think Clemens took steroids or HGH? This isn"t a criminal proceeding. Your belief is all that matters here. Can"t be slander or libel either, he is a public figure. Feel free to answer. Yes or no. As for me I think yes, same with Bonds, same with others. I don"t have to give them the benefit of the doubt because I am not trying to put them in jail. I don"t have to turn a blind eye on reality either.

What I am hoping for in all this, is that baseball (meaning Player"s Association and management) finally puts in more stringent and penalyzing rules regarding the subject. I think to not do so now sends a dangerous message to our kids.

Clemens decided to take the "you prove otherwise" route. I can understand that. He wants to protect his legacy. He hasn"t tesitified and apparently Congress doesn"t plan on calling him in, so no perjury concerns at the moment. But, Pettitte"s admission absolutely give"s credence to the charge"s, and you would have to be purposefully naive to think otherwise.

And sorry Curt, my vote goes to Bob Gibson ;p

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n75H5SpegbI&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n75H5SpegbI&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

Cybsled

Ahhh it"s fantasy based! nooooo!!!!

Eh, I guess it was expected ;( Hopefully the IP or the mechanics are standout

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well I"ve been thinking Curt wanted the perfect world for his monk, so I"ve been counting on fantasy. Monks will be the only class that is required for all raids, and you"ll need 2 or more!

Cybsled

Curt if this new game has l33t monks, I will play it. The ability to do Dragon Ball Z style crap is an extra bonus!

Raid leader: Ok, Monks0r tanks!
Monk: KAME-HAME-HAAAA!!!
*Undead Dragon is hit for OVER 9000!!!!*
*Undead Dragon dies*
Monk: Grats me on [Robe of Assbeat]
Raid Leader: Wtf loot whore!!!
Monk has left the guild
Raid Leader whispers to Monk, "Wait, I was joking...please come back. You can have the gold in the guild bank too!"

Bongk_foh

shitlord
Daezuel said:
I hate class systems, go with a skill system and let us make our own characters please.
if so, it has to be limited in some way more than every other skill based game. Tank mages are lame.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Bongk said:
if so, it has to be limited in some way more than every other skill based game. Tank mages are lame.
so says you :p I loved my archer/mage in UO and I don"t care if 90% of the people played the same thing...just let pvp come down to skill = win...none of this rock, paper, scissors crap.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
Daezuel said:
so says you :p I loved my archer/mage in UO and I don"t care if 90% of the people played the same thing...just let pvp come down to skill = win...none of this rock, paper, scissors crap.
no classes and everyone with same skills. so quake in a large world setting? And to follow your UO example UO fights never came down to skill it was who had the latest hacks and who had the best ping.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
^^ I never hacked and once they introduced Murderers I was top 2 on the leaderboard on baja for a long, long time. (my friend being #1 :p)

It wasn"t about hacking, though I"d admit my ping was good...it was about choices and abilities. The ability to teleport to a pre-planned area at any time = total win...the ability to break LOS and hide = win, the ability to chug pots like mad = win.

There were many times the 2 of us would take on 10+ players and win...because we had a plan and stuck to it. I eventually died because my computer locked up. I had to walk around my neighborhood in a stupor I was so mad that day.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
I played on Lake Inferior with 56k dialup I was usally dead before I even saw anyone come on my screen. Fuck that shit used to piss me off haha. But I still played 10 hours a day

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Bongk said:
I played on Lake Inferior with 56k dialup I was usally dead before I even saw anyone come on my screen. Fuck that shit used to piss me off haha. But I still played 10 hours a day
Yah, I"ll admit I was a bastard...we had several port points in each dungeon, we"d typically port in, hide, look for an unsuspecting group then pounce.

After a while anti-pk"s were out for our blood and this is where having a pre-planned teleport pattern and hiding came in so handy. People would think we just bugged out, but we had only teleported 15 feet around a corner to hide again and wait for them to separate a little. Pick one out, kill him, rinse-repeat.

Best thing was full loot and it wasn"t a huge deal because it wasn"t an item whore game...pick clean the victims, set up your vendor outside a town, and sell the loot back to the noobs you killed...oh the glorious long gone days.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
sort of, it still had itemization just not as profound as later games. I remember it had a 3 step prefix and suffix system or something like that.

I remember being SOOO PISSED OFF when i lost my something sword of vanquishing because it was like 3x better than normal stuff and only dropped from dragons, drakes & liches.

I rememebr I got it in some city you had to be like a master mage or whatever to even enter and like 99% of my server could not enter the town. was good times haha.

This was all way back at release though, back when we still had dreadlords and before Raph Koster ruined the whole game with his reputation patch.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Bongk said:
This was all way back at release though, back when we still had dreadlords and before Raph Koster ruined the whole game with his reputation patch.
Reputation sucked I agree, that was a primary factor into us turning into murderers. Heck I remember having 20+ minute fights spanning over the entirety of Despise, ported in Poison Elementals. All sorts of good fun.

Nothing will ever compare to how they absolutely destroyed the game with Trammel. Whomever thought up that idea must have had a hand in the NGE for SWG!!! (the devil?)

Still, items didn"t really play a decisive factor in pvp, usually people were too afraid to sport leet items and just used GM stuff. Start off with a harm spell *because you expect to get it reflected*, paralyze them, couple corp pors and a shot or two with your GM bow pretty much killed anyone.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
EVE"s classes are vehicle based, but all skills are available to all players. I think its a great way to set it up. Alternatively you would have fantasy classes be gear and stance based so you can"t shoot 10k fireballs and quad swing for 400 a second at the same time.

I"d rather have one character that masters all things and acquires all gear. In the timeframe most players have in EQ or WoW to acquire cutting edge gear they just can"t "catch "em all". You"d have to focus on a certain area of itemization and skills and so your class would be chosen. Eventually another tier of raiding and equipment is released for you to advance even further down your specialization.

Won"t happen.

Bongk_foh

shitlord
Agraza said:
EVE"s classes are vehicle based, but all skills are available to all players. I think its a great way to set it up. Alternatively you would have fantasy classes be gear and stance based so you can"t shoot 10k fireballs and quad swing for 400 a second at the same time.

I"d rather have one character that masters all things and acquires all gear. In the timeframe most players have in EQ or WoW to acquire cutting edge gear they just can"t "catch "em all". You"d have to focus on a certain area of itemization and skills and so your class would be chosen. Eventually another tier of raiding and equipment is released for you to advance even further down your specialization.

Won"t happen.
If you ewant every character to be able to do it all, I much preferred Final Fantasys system myself. Was so nice never having to repeat quests and rebuild skills all over again.

Boggles the mind that noone has stolen that yet. Besides the fact you can than lock people into only 1 char and make them live with their reputation.

Ukerric_foh

shitlord
Agraza said:
Guild Wars had a good idea on this. You pick 8 skills/actions in town, and go out with those.

Of course, there"s also classes, which interfere with it, so it"s closer to respec at will rather than change classes at will, but that"s a good idea to pursue.