Grim Dawn

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just finished my first playthrough the other day with my brother. It was pretty fun but a bit sloggy in places. I think that may just be my character though, ended up being kinda boring. If mods make it easy to roll a new one up to a certain level or something maybe I'll mess with it more but have no desire to start from 1 again or hit the next difficulty on my current main.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not gonna lie, after completing the game on Veteran, I copied my save folder over and then used a trainer to refund all my mastery points so I could pick new ones. So I kept all of my faction and gear and quest progression, but just started over with a brand new level 50-something character. I have since stopped playing the first character altogether, because I'm just owning shit as a 2-hand Warder (Soldier/Shaman). Haven't died a single time yet up to Homestead on Elite, but I acknowledge that I probably would have died a lot if I had to play those first 50 levels the hard way.

So if you don't want to wait for someone to mod that, it is already easily done today.

On Ultimate now and soon to finish the game as Blademaster (Soldier/Nightblade). All characters should pretty much breeze through Normal. After that, Elite adds a decent amount of difficultly. But holy shit Ultimate is pretty pretty damn tough. You need to stack resists hardcore (it uses the Diablo system of penalizing your resists on higher difficultly levels).

Anyway, if you get this game on sale it is a steal. Obviously, playing with a couple friends will make it a lot more fun - like any other Diablo clone.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
arpg. A steal at 25$ and even 40% off this week, till aug 8th. for 15$
A terrific alternative to Path of Exile. More single player focused.
Grim Dawn - ARPG from Crate Entertainment

First DLC out today/yesterday.
Save 15% on Grim Dawn - Crucible Mode DLC on Steam

4.99 (discounted by 15% to 4.25 till Aug 10th) Also, should be FREE for kickstarter backers. check your inbox or humble bundle.
(I have not played it yet, can't actually comment on quality.)

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Started playing this yesterday with some friends who has swooned over it for a few weeks.

I like the enviroment.
I hate the character look and lack of customization. Also it looks like your character is floating over the enviroment rather then interact with it.
Since it bugged out the first 3 hours by not giving me xp for anything but quests, friends kept crashing out of the game, anytime someone joined it froze for a good while.... I felt it might need some more time before playing it for "realz".

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Those sound like bugs introduced by this new DLC. This game has been very solid for over a year now, even before "release" this year. I'd just try again after the hot fix that usually occur right after major patches.

Anyone who likes ARPGs at all should try this. It's the highest playtime game in my steam library by a lot. Very well done game.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is amazing. I really need to get back to it sometime. I stopped at the end of Act 3.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
I liked the first play through, but does get repetitive. I went with the Demolitionist build and it was mainly normal attacks. If I get around to the next difficulty level I will probably try to mix in some magic abilities.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Bought this while it was still in Alpha or something since I loved Titan Quest, haven't played it since lol Really need to give it a try. :)

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
played the DLC a bit.

For those that played Dawn of war 2, "last man standing" is the closest comparison I can think of.

It is an arena gauntlet. 5 arenas. you talk to an npc, and they spawn wave after wave of npcs at you. Every 10 rounds, it pauses to let you use merchants, build totems, get buffs, or "cash out".
npcs don't directly drop loot. Bosses that spawn, give tokens. Tokens can be used to purchase very strong buffs, build totems which place strong ground aoe buffs, or skip to higher rounds on subsequent plays.(tokens are persistant, buffs/totems are not.)
The gauntlet maxes out at 150 rounds. But, again, you can cash out early every ten rounds. or if you die, (at a penalty.)

I agree, it's amazing. The characters aren't the best to look at, but the way you level up is brills. Had anyone tried a single build, as in one that only uses one spec tree? How do you think it compares to dual trees?

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree, it's amazing. The characters aren't the best to look at, but the way you level up is brills. Had anyone tried a single build, as in one that only uses one spec tree? How do you think it compares to dual trees?
Generally problematic on ultimate: can't stack offensive skills from different masteries for decent dps, low HP (you'd have to use defensive gear and devotions, further lowering your dps).

Citz

Silver Squire
I came back to this game since I didn't feel like jumping on S7 of Diablo 3. This game is just so damn fun. So classes/builds to try. Right now, I'm trying a demolitionist build around grenades/cannister bomb.

I wish they would release some new DLCs with actual new content.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just got back into this. Leveling an Arcanist at the moment. I rushed max on Olexia's Flash Freeze and use a Searing Ember and Devil Touched Ammo to give Fireblast and Demon's breath on my left and right click. So OP.

OFF at 12/12 will freeze the entire screen and kill all but nameds in one shot. Since it reduces fire resist by 100%, Searing Ember or Demon's breath easily clean them up in 1 hit. Super fast clearing.

Citz Citz they did realese the Crucible DLC in August.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
How are you guys trying different builds/alts? I tried to start a second character to try out Aether and just couldn't do it. I played through the dumb, slow campaign once already, don't need to do it again, and it feels like it is going to take me 10+ hours to actually have a real build to test, which is pointless when I dunno if it'll be any good or fun. It just feels so slow.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
You can download a legit blank character, reasonably high level, and spec/gear it. Check their character builds forums, I remember reading about it over there.
Or perhaps use an editor to make your own.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Some of the builds start out slow then get crazy strong. My chaos ray dude was like that. I spec'd more into the sigil/destruction to work around it till I got the gear and constellations.

You're free to shift your talents around (but not from class progression at the bottom) and if you're going slow, it sounds like you should.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blank high-level character sounds like what I'd want. I would love for this game to get an adventure mode though, just open up the world from level 1 to run around in off the rails.