Grim Dawn

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I spent a shit ton of hours when this first came out and really enjoyed it but every time I go to fire it up all i can think about is the fact i could spend 100 hrs grinding to pray to get lucky for gear or take 2 minutes on the cheat tool to give the best gear in the game to my guy so whats the fucking point. I REALLY wish they had a dedicated server that prevented someone to do this, then i'd be playing this pretty dedicated as I just don't want to get into D3.

Sounds stupid i know but just ruins it for me. I started POE for the first time ever and it seems alright but still can't seem to get into it for some reason.

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
I spent a shit ton of hours when this first came out and really enjoyed it but every time I go to fire it up all i can think about is the fact i could spend 100 hrs grinding to pray to get lucky for gear or take 2 minutes on the cheat tool to give the best gear in the game to my guy so whats the fucking point. I REALLY wish they had a dedicated server that prevented someone to do this, then i'd be playing this pretty dedicated as I just don't want to get into D3.

Sounds stupid i know but just ruins it for me.

I played it a lot too and this still bugged me too. Stopped playing it for the same reason.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Legitimately getting the right gear in GD is as much a crapshoot as it was in D3 when it first came out. It feels a lot worse than TQ to me but maybe I was just luckier then.

I mostly complain about this game, because honestly I think they didn't modernize it nearly enough. It's TQ with a new skin and classes and while TQ was a fine game, they didn't do much to improve upon it. There's a really decent game as the foundation but it needs polish that maybe a major expansion could deliver.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The game is being offered for free if you sign up for the subscription. So for $12 Grim Dawn + Six more games which will be announced on Oct 7th.
Humble Monthly Bundle

Also, the game is $12.49 on gog.com
Grim Dawn -50% on GOG.com

I haven't played it yet and figure the humblebundle is a good enough deal. Just need to remember to cancel my sub.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
If anyone still plays this once in a while, they added a free, new Rogue-like dungeon a few days ago. Also announced one of two new classes, the Inquisitor for the big expansion next year.

Anyone that hasn't tried this, you're missing out on a great game.

• 1Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
If anyone still plays this once in a while, they added a free, new Rogue-like dungeon a few days ago. Also announced one of two new classes, the Inquisitor for the big expansion next year.

Anyone that hasn't tried this, you're missing out on a great game.

Assuming they haven't made any plans to actually have it so you can't cheat so bad and just give yourself all the gear in the game?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nah, don't think they ever will change that. Have to have some self control!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How is that something you'd ever want them to "fix". Just don't fucking cheat engine and ruin the game for yourself?

The mod trainers are great to have because they let you reroll/respec a character if you want without having to grind it all out again from level 1. Trying to break that would be a huge step backwards.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
I picked this up during the fall sale on Steam when it was only $15, and am enjoying the heck out of it. I think the game is a good "upgrade" from TQ with better classes, abilities, and itemization. If you have not played it, grab it while it's still on sale. You will certainly get your moneys worth out of it.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
How is that something you'd ever want them to "fix". Just don't fucking cheat engine and ruin the game for yourself?

The mod trainers are great to have because they let you reroll/respec a character if you want without having to grind it all out again from level 1. Trying to break that would be a huge step backwards.

Sparky i don't give a fuck how you enjoy your games but don't tell me how to enjoy mine. I don't fucking like it when you can just go instantly get everything in a game that you can spend 1000's of hours grinding gear etc. Ruins the whole thing for me especially when you can group etc, just makes me not want to play. Simple as that; luckily plenty of other games to play. Other then that the game was pretty solid and i beat it on ultimate before i ever cheated.

Caliane

so... you don't play any game that allows modding? Or has cheatcodes?

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
kept a steam list of friends from public games that weren't cheating

didn't ever install the cheats

best ARPG since D2/PoE

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Sorry to bump. Does anyone remember the name of the mod that let you pretty much do....well anything?

Caliane

its the only way to respec mastery points. can be done for that, and not ruin the fun.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's crazy a tool like that exists for this game. The whole point of GD imo is the end game farming for set items, especially in gladiator crucible where set items rain. You can make a soldier with anything just about as your farm character for Gladiator mode and in 30 minutes get 5-10 legendary items no problem.