Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)

Fadaar

That guy
I was more referring to trilogies or a movie series where continuity actually matters from movie to movie and where all the movies were actually good. I guess I should have thrown Winter Soldier in there at the very least since Cap 1 was decent and Civil War was great. Aliens I'd be hesitant because everything after it was mediocre at best. Terminator 2 would definitely be in there if everything after it wasn't complete dogshit. I thought about the other big trilogies like BTTF and LOTR and while the middle installments were good I can't put them in the great category.

Edit: I'm also a terrible human being and haven't seen all the Star Trek movies so I don't really know how the continuity works there except for the recurring characters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I think it's only you? Most others seem to say "yea 3 tier system works, and i'll throw in a personal preference here and there".
Ok, so take those tiers you already posted and include the following movies: Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad, X-Men Apocalypse, X-Men 3, Wolverine Origins and Wolverine Japan (note, not all of those are shit in my opinion).

If you don't need another tier for a few of those, I'd argue you're the only one, not me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I was more referring to trilogies or a movie series where continuity actually matters from movie to movie and where all the movies were actually good. I guess I should have thrown Winter Soldier in there at the very least since Cap 1 was decent and Civil War was great. Aliens I'd be hesitant because everything after it was mediocre at best. Terminator 2 would definitely be in there if everything after it wasn't complete dogshit. I thought about the other big trilogies like BTTF and LOTR and while the middle installments were good I can't put them in the great category.

Edit: I'm also a terrible human being and haven't seen all the Star Trek movies so I don't really know how the continuity works there except for the recurring characters.

That's cool and all, but I think that your original assertion that there was only one middle movie of a trilogy (more or less) that was great has been demonstrated to be false.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ok, so take those tiers you already posted and include the following movies: Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad, X-Men Apocalypse, X-Men 3, Wolverine Origins and Wolverine Japan (note, not all of those are shit in my opinion).

If you don't need another tier for a few of those, I'd argue you're the only one, not me.
I mean, i made that Tier system only for MCU, but all the movies you mentioned are easily T3, why? b/c the power of that Tiered ranking is what you CANNOT become, and none of those movies can ever be T1. Putting any of those movies in T2 would be blasphemous, but putting them in T3 means that, sure maybe you give them the option of moving to T2, but you acknowledge that they will never be T1, ever.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean, i made that Tier system only for MCU, but all the movies you mentioned are easily T3, why? b/c the power of that Tiered ranking is what you CANNOT become, and none of those movies can ever be T1. Putting any of those movies in T2 would be blasphemous, but putting them in T3 means that, sure maybe you give them the option of moving to T2, but you acknowledge that they will never be T1, ever.
just make a DCU tier list. it will make the MCU guys feel better.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just make a DCU tier list. it will make the MCU guys feel better.
I mean DCU is actually easier to Tier
T1: TDK
T2: Batman Begins
T3: V, Watchmen, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, TDKR, MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad

• 1Like

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Green lantern should be on its own shit tier waaaaaay below Tier 3

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You're just dodging the question by answering a different question, but it isn't worth arguing over opinions this much anyway. I submit that the Thor movies, for example, will never ever rank as low as Wolverine Origins or BvS in my mind, but for you I guess they do. <thatslikeyouropinionman.jpg>

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You're just dodging the question by answering a different question, but it isn't worth arguing over opinions this much anyway. I submit that the Thor movies, for example, will never ever rank as low as Wolverine Origins or BvS in my mind, but for you I guess they do. <thatslikeyouropinionman.jpg>
What question am i dodging? can we merge the MCU and DCU tiered list? sure.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
should also include those amazing spidey films in the MCU now too. tier3 has room for more.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I mean DCU is actually easier to Tier
T1: TDK
T2: Batman Begins
T3: V, Watchmen, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, TDKR, MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad

There is no way in hell you can put Watchmen in the same category as the rest of those dumpster fires

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Some of those are just DC published as opposed to DCU; in that case you'd have to add things like The Losers (probably Tier 3) and the Reds (via Wildstorm) - and I'd put the original Red in Tier 2.

Edit: Not to mention actual DCU entries like the old Batman and Superman movies, their spinoffs (Catwoman/Supergirl/Steel), Constantine, hell, even Swamp Thing, technically.

Edit edit: List of films based on DC Comics - Wikipedia
I forget things like Road to Perdition are technically comic movies.

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
might as well if Sony is still going to reboot the franchise every few years.

Uh, no. They struck a deal and now MCU can use their new (awesome) spider-man in their films, and Feige/whomever is partnering with them to make good standalones. Or the MCU is just making the movies and giving Sony some of the profits, I'm not sure of the details. Regardless, the Jean-Ralphio Amazing-Abortions will henceforth be scrubbed from all memory, and will never tarnish the MCU because Feige and crew had nothing at all to do with them, it was pure Sony garbage just like F4.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Some of those are just DC published as opposed to DCU; in that case you'd have to add things like The Losers (probably Tier 3) and the Reds (via Wildstorm) - and I'd put the original Red in Tier 2.

Edit: Not to mention actual DCU entries like the old Batman and Superman movies, their spinoffs (Catwoman/Supergirl/Steel), Constantine, hell, even Swamp Thing, technically.

Edit edit: List of films based on DC Comics - Wikipedia
I forget things like Road to Perdition are technically comic movies.

yeah, same for marvel. you'd have to start adding in the blade movies, ghost rider movies, stuff like that.