Guild Wars 2

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I'm aware of that. I've seen people referencing "use a 53 to open bags". My vague understanding is this has to do with some loot bag reward being tied to the level of the opening character? Anyone able to shed some light on this?
That's for the Bags of Gear from Silverwastes. The reason you want to open at 53, is because you'll get materials that only go as high as Linen from them, and that'll give you a great way to make cash, or to start crafting Ascended level gear for 80.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Have not played since release.
My biggest complaint was lack of advancement past 80. No loot to farm, no twinking, no sense if gaining power.

Just loaded it up to see what the changes look like. There are many. I missed the good aspects of this game and am having fun leveling an alt.
With achievements granting rewards and mastery coming out with the expansion is it expected there will actually be more of an end-game now or still just pretty princess dress up time?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
You definitely won't see power jumps ala WoW, but they are trying to make some of the optional goals more accessible, like crafting legendaries or some pve stuff unlocked through mastery.

The problem is, that they are really skimpy on the solid details past what the idea is. We don't even have number of zones, just them going on how each feels huge and has multiple levels, which, along with the price tag has killed all the hype for me. When it comes out I'll probably buy it, but until then I don't care.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
They are supposed to announce all that stuff this weekend at PAX, we shall see how good an idea they have or how much information they actually release.

They are also doing a sale on items once a day for 21 days, even bringing back some items that you could no longer acquire. They also added two new bundles which are pretty sweet deals and are about 35-45% off.

Account Bump - 800 gems (5 Black Lion Keys, 10 Experience Booster, 15 Transmutation Charges, 20 account bound unidentified dyes)
Account jump start - 2000 gems (2 bank tab expansion, 2 bag slot expansion, 10 black lion keys, 15 transmutation charges, 30 account bound unidentified dyes)

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
At first I was thinking they might be worth it, but after looking at them closer I decided not to buy those. In the end the 800 gem bundle only has stuff I wouldnt buy, and if I subtract the stuff I wouldnt buy from the 2000 gem bundle I'm left with the stock price... so essentially only buy it if you would buy full price tabs/bagslots to get the bonus consumables, or if you would buy consumables anyway (which I havent so far and probably wont). I was really hoping for actually discounted bank or bag slots.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah, I want the second one. The dyes would be a bonus, but I can't make myself spend 35 buck son the game right now.

I did get the Balthazar skin that was on sale yesterday, I look like a pimp now.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Deleted IGN tweet :

Orn2Me0.jpg

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
So raids were announced today as the "hard" content.

10 man instance.
You will be able to step right into them from day 1, no attunement needed.
They will make use of masteries.

One raid announced with 3 wings, first wing to open a few weeks after release in order to give players time to build their masteries, enjoy the new zones, build their guildhalls, etc before entering, the one example mentioned you will need gliders to do it. The other wings will open up later on as players progress.

You won't need new gear to progress, and 6 months down the line it won't be obsolete.

Items needed to make Legendary armor will drop from them.

Can't wait for the 10 man elementalist groups to form.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So it's like GW1 style endgame dungeons FoW/Underworld/whatever Factions and Nightfall had ?

That's kind of cool, but unless they add special buttraping mode down the line, it won't be THAT hard, but I look forward to having something challenging to tackle. Otherwise Ascended armor suddenly becomes a requirement. Yeah, the blurb about not having to worry about healers/tanks is a joke, everybody will have either a pocket ele or whatever spec will be easiest/tankiest.

In a true Anet fashion, yeah, it's raids, yes there will be three, no we won't show you a map or picture of the boss.

I like how they brag about highest metacritic MMO in the past 10 years when WoW released 11 years ago
biggrin.png