Gun control

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
10151349_630279820354565_2719761338703872575_n.jpg

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
What's wrong with the product itself? I don't see the problem when it removes the ability for your attacker to disarm you and use it against you.
Yeah, it also removes your spouses (or other family members) ability to use the weapon in an emergency when they don't have access to your special ID bracelet or if they don't have the same hand print as you. This technology is extremely unproven and anyone with 2 brain cells would never trust their life to this crap.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Yeah, it also removes your spouses (or other family members) ability to use the weapon in an emergency when they don't have access to your special ID bracelet or if they don't have the same hand print as you. This technology is extremely unproven and anyone with 2 brain cells would never trust their life to this crap.
So it isn't perfect, instead of not buying it we should THREATEN HIM! Besides, no tech, especially early one, is perfect or for everyone.

My motorcycle occasionally needs servicing and I can't fit my family of 6 on it. I should threaten to blow up Harley Davidson!

People are just fueling the flames of "gun nut" hate here.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Death threats are pretty fucking stupid but being outraged at a business for making such a product isn't. I mean I'm sure just about everyone is angry at the companies that develop software and hardware for the nsa to spy on us.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
So it isn't perfect, instead of not buying it we should THREATEN HIM! Besides, no tech, especially early one, is perfect or for everyone.

My motorcycle occasionally needs servicing and I can't fit my family of 6 on it. I should threaten to blow up Harley Davidson!

People are just fueling the flames of "gun nut" hate here.
I don't condone death threats in any way and whoever did it should be prosecuted.

Having said that, this "Smart Gun" crap is nothing more than a Trojan horse. It has a multitude of flaws and is completely unproven. This crap should be turned back at every opportunity. Don't think for a second that shitbags like Attorney General Eric Holder wouldn't absolutely love to have a law in place like they have in New Jersey.

Eric Holder wants gun owners to wear 'smart gun' bracelets
http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/er...ing-bracelets/

khalid

Unelected Mod
Taken by itself, the technology seems like a good thing. However, you have gun control groups trying to "end run" around the 2nd amendment by mandating this shit even with all its downsides.

So yeah, the death threats are stupid and just play into 'gun nut' hate. However, the owner of the store had to know this product is seriously unpopular with most gun owners for good reason. He can't have been shocked by the upset, even if he reasonably shouldn't have expected death threats over it.

Goatface

the owner, from a video he tried to remove from the internets
"If you're going to kill somebody, shoot the politicians who make these fucking [gun violence prevention] laws. If that's who you want to fucking go at, shoot the people who make these laws. Take 'em out in the street, and gun 'em the fuck down. There's a goddamn reason why we got [guns]. There's a fucking reason why we got 'em. And that's to defend our fucking freedom."
quote is from about 7mins in

i sorta doubt any of these death threat reports are creditable, the law loves to bust gun nuts and would be all over that shit

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
My concern is the extreme reactions on both sides of the debate just hurts each side. This is a clear example of "how not to handle the situation" I feel, and not condemning it is close to condoning it.

Just don't buy it and let natural forces take their course. I think it is a good tech for like cops and stuff, why not put it on the open market?

The issue is ignorant politicians more than the tech itself.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
This doesn't seem like proper behavior from the pro-gun side.

Maryland Gun Shop Backs Out Of Selling Smart Gun After Death Threats (Video)
Holy shit I just watched the 12 minute video of this guy which is linked in the article.

This guy is a total fucking fruitloop! Less than a minute into the video he admits to drinking in his gun store. About seven minutes in he starts to advocate shooting politicians! I'd honestly have to question anything this guy claims as far as death threats.

Fadaar

That guy
Idiots like that gun store owner are what make the rest of us look bad. My evil black guns have never been a threat to anything except maybe coke cans, paper targets, and bowling pins (they make surprisingly sturdy targets, even a .50 BMG won't destroy it).

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The death threats most likely came from anti-gun activists pretending to be pro-gun to make them look bad. Page 29 in the handbook.