Hades (Supergiant Games)

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Damn, streak ended with the spear. Barely got him to his second form :(

I always start my runs with the feather to build up dodge and move speed before the first fountain. This run is the first one I forgot to switch back to the feather before I started. Idk how powerful that is but it worked on the previous four runs.
I didn’t realize those bonuses stuck with you after you swapped. Other keepsakes don’t work that way.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
4th completion in a row, shield this time. Was very close, didn’t feel powerful at all. Two more weapons to beat it with, would be cool if I can do all six in one streak.

I just beat him with the shield as well. Super easy. I had a good build, but it doesn't even really matter with the shield because you can block all of Hades' incoming damage and then just fuck him up. I barely got hit.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm always inpatient so instead of getting some hits in and dashing away I always stay in too long and take damage. This is with most bosses really. I've gotten just past the minotaur in the 3rd area so far. Best runs always with bow.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I didn’t realize those bonuses stuck with you after you swapped. Other keepsakes don’t work that way.

It may not, it’s just the trinket I always use for the first floors and I didn’t this time and lost. Probably just had a shit build. I’m playing blind other than chatting in this thread so even though I’ve played almost 40 runs I still don’t fully know what I’m doing.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It may not, it’s just the trinket I always use for the first floors and I didn’t this time and lost. Probably just had a shit build. I’m playing blind other than chatting in this thread so even though I’ve played almost 40 runs I still don’t fully know what I’m doing.
I can’t say 100% that the feather bonus is removed when you switch after the first floor, but I’m very certain the other keepsake buffs don’t persist when they’re removed. My understanding is that the optimal use for feather and butterfly are to equip them at the very beginning of a run so they accumulate as much bonus as possible and don’t swap them between floors.

Edit: just googled. The only keepsake that will persist after you take it off is Charon’s in that it extends the duration of well of Charon items so if you buy something from a well then swap keepsakes the duration of the well item will remain the same. All other keepsake bonuses are attached to having the keepsake equipped and therefore are lost when swapped.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm always inpatient so instead of getting some hits in and dashing away I always stay in too long and take damage. This is with most bosses really. I've gotten just past the minotaur in the 3rd area so far. Best runs always with bow.
I'm the opposite with the sword, being in close and having to rely on backstab damage forces you to learn the boss patterns through repetition. The only problem is if you don't have hermes upgrades or dash deflect avoiding the spin slashes is impossible half the time.

Baiting Theseus spears and then doing a backstab combo as he walks away becomes really easy after a few times, but then phase 2 the random god circles happen and there's a few that are *extremely* easy and others than again suck without hermes/deflect.

edit: is there a general guide anywhere that lists which chaos boon each weapon or aspect should focus on? I know from my cannon clear that special boosts are really important but i've no clue on bow or fist builds, looks like some could go both ways.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My bow run ended when I attempted to “borrow” money from Charon lol. First time I had seen that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just beat it with a bow for first time. Build was absolutely raping. Had the special ability where you can charge it, chill, bunch of excess damage, bonus damage for consecutive hits. I could charge while something was spawning and one shot it when it appeared. Highest damage I saw was 1776. Also had a festive fog/chill duo boon, with instant cast all three. Ares blade spin.

Hades didn’t even get me to 50% health, he died so fast lol

Malakriss

Cleared Heat 16 with the arthur sword, for whatever reason i put on Extreme Measures 4 to see what buffs Hades got. 4 Death Defiance procs later i finally got him down, let's just say i'm not going to bother with that again.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I unlocked the spear but it gimps your life so bad I can’t use it until I get a ton more Titan bloods. Are all the fourth aspects like that?

Malakriss

I unlocked the spear but it gimps your life so bad I can’t use it until I get a ton more Titan bloods. Are all the fourth aspects like that?
All 4th aspect have unique movesets, the spear one changes spin attack into a hades-like blade projectile that lifesteals 1 health per hit. Not as efficient as the sword's hammer upgrade but it extends your health pool when used properly.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
lol this build

1601819552002.png

i only died because I hugged Hades all the way to his death

• 1Like

Malakriss

For ease of runs i've been starting with a specific god's keepsake to get the attack or dash i want, then swapping to damage/survival. Got at least one clear with all weapons now, I can see where specific aspects for the bow and cannon would be insane if the boon and upgrade RNG give you what you want but my consistent runs have been with sword and shield.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For ease of runs i've been starting with a specific god's keepsake to get the attack or dash i want, then swapping to damage/survival. Got at least one clear with all weapons now, I can see where specific aspects for the bow and cannon would be insane if the boon and upgrade RNG give you what you want but my consistent runs have been with sword and shield.
The attack and dodge goes away if you take the keepsake off.

I’ve been able to get the dodge into the 30% range just on the keepsake when I’ve had a few particularly ridiculous damage combos and can clear fast. Then if you get dodge boons and the “attack based on speed” thing it’s pretty massive.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The feather falls off hard in higher heat levels when it becomes harder to clear fast enough to get the bonus

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The feather falls off hard in higher heat levels when it becomes harder to clear fast enough to get the bonus

I’m only heat level 3 on one weapon so far, so still pretty solid for me. Sometimes I’m surprised I get the bonus on some of the levels with lots of enemies. I wonder if the formula for clearing fast enough is based on mob count.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Guan Yu is fucking badass (just got it tonight), but totally not worth losing 70% of your health, and only getting 30% health bonus on each upgrade. I don't mind starting with low health, but when you get to Hades with 95 or so hit points, it doesn't leave you a lot of room to make a mistake.

Also, how in the living fuck do you get Achilles to give you the god damn codex? I've spoken to him at least 25 times and have yet to get the fucking thing. I have like 30 nectars and 20 ambrosia's that I can't even do anything with because he still hasn't given it to me. I thought unlocking Guan Yu would make him drop it, but nope. I'm getting really pissed off about that.