Hades (Supergiant Games)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The renovation where nectars also give +1 upgrade is really nice, can also have keys give back alter rolls. Once you no longer need darkness/gems I guess you just reroll all of those for nectars/keys?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Just beat it. Second attempt since EA ended. I did not think I was going to, I had a meh cannon build going into the final level. I bought the anvil cause screw it I didn’t like the build anyway. It gave me hazard bomb which makes it so it can hit me. I was like oh fucking great I’m done. Had to clear three levels before I found dog bait. Got him into the second form (hadn’t seen that before) and got him dead with about 40 life left. I basically just kept launching the bomb and stayed away from him. Dashed away when he came at me.

Fun game, funny I beat it with my least liked weapon.

I had this exact experience. Was getting late, went for a quick run with 'my worst weapon'. That unlock where it increases the area size and hurts you is OP. I was able to clear the game for the first time no problem, like hours later LOL. Towards the last few worlds, it was doing obscene damage on top of the lightning add on for specials.

Addictive game is addictive.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So played two more runs tonight. Beat it with gloves then sword. Three times in a row after not beating him for so many attempts.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

I've been reusing the sword over and over, cleared heat 5 with it to build up mats and continue story. If you have a boon for an attack and another god offers a replacement will it always be a higher rarity? So even if you get a sub-optimal move early on as long as it's rare/epic don't sell it and try to bait a epic/heroic replacement?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Beat Hades two runs in a row. I learned a lot the last few runs. The name of the game is speed, speed, and more speed. Loaded up on Hermes; dash speed and extra movement speed. I ran circles around Hades, and his attacks, even his laser beams I could actually sprint around behind him so they couldn't hit me. I also super leveled up Zeus call to like level 7, so when I conjured him, his strikes did a shit ton of damage and it lasted for 11 seconds. I didn't even die once that run, and it wasn't even a great build. I still haven't beaten Hades with any melee weapon, as I've found the closer you have to get to him, the more he fucks you up. So I've beaten him twice with the rail gun, and once with the bow. I think I'm going to try to level up the shield next, as I like that it can actually block incoming damage.

One thing: once you beat Hades, there's a list of your boons from that run, and some of them you can highlight. I don't know what to do with that. Can anyone please explain?

Nate

Molten Core Raider
The sword is insane once you unlock the true form and upgrade it. Pair it with the trinket that gives you 1% dodge chance for beating encounters quickly and clear shit as fast as you can with dash attack. By the end you’ll be at 30%+ dodge, the sword is hitting for 400-500 per swing. The boons don’t even matter too much, but I always try and get the reflect attacks on dash one (Athena I think). I also like boons that give raw damage and crit chance. There are some other good ones that give you +damage after killing enemies or critting, and the ones that give damage bonus against shields are excellent too. Basically anything from Ares. I never use the special attack or throw the red orbs, only dash attack and normal attack.

The other weapons can pop off given the right boons, but I find the sword is by far the most flexible. My second/third favorite weapons are the gloves and shield, they play similar to the sword and pair great with the dodge trinket as well. I’ve had the most success with range weapons using the +30% damage trinket when at long range (duh) and stacking the Zeus lightning boons that hit all the targets in an area.

My best clear time was 18 minutes with the sword, 8 heat gauge.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

For the arthur sword I aim for the double curse +40% mirror bonus. Aphrodite's Attack boon has the highest +% modifier and does weak, Athena and Demeter are next options and include deflect and chill. If you go the deflect route on Attack or Dash you can get the Athena debuff where deflect attacks also trigger exposed as a curse + more backstab damage. Dionysus hangover on Dash or festive fog on Cast are also good second curse options.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had double attack on my special + special does more damage + lightning, and festive fog cast + lightning. I’d just enter a room and cast all three, go stand in the fog and spam my special. Was a big AE fest. It was another run I did not think I would even make it to hades let alone beat him. I was low life the entire run and entered the final battle around 80% life but had all three of my rebirths still up. Also had the +damage for rest of that room if you use a rebirth boon.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I have a question if anyone knows the answer: how do you give the nectar to Thanatos? You can't give it to him when you encounter him in a run, and I never see him back in Hades' palace.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a question if anyone knows the answer: how do you give the nectar to Thanatos? You can't give it to him when you encounter him in a run, and I never see him back in Hades' palace.

He shows up in hades place off and on. You have to gift it before you talk to him though cause he usually poofs right after you regularly talk to him.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
How do i unlock the final aspects of each weapon, Google is failing me.

Anyone have a link ?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

You can also give it to him right after you do a fight with him, just do it before you talk to him or he poofs, I just did it, it works.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Most broken run I've had so far was with the Railgun. Rocket launcher, 1->5 rockets for Daedalus upgrades, then Ares doom on Special, with delayed doom.

Could spray the entire screen with explosion damage for 2-500, and then the doom would tick for 600. Nothing could touch me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Is anyone else having trouble perfect catching fishes? The window is super tight on that bobber and I think the latency on my 4K TV that i use is not helping. I flipped on game mode and can rarely snag it but if it's not the 4th bob I may be shit out of luck to get it consistently. Seems like a not great dev design.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Perfect catch still isn't guaranteed even if you time it right. It's only like 30% or some shit. It was a big discussion during EA but they had a lot of sycophants saying it was "perfect" that even if you had perfect timing you weren't guaranteed the best fish.

EDIT: I'm wrong, it's worse than that, it's guaranteed to catch a "rare" fish (of which there are a few) and 5% to catch a legendary fish

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
4th completion in a row, shield this time. Was very close, didn’t feel powerful at all. Two more weapons to beat it with, would be cool if I can do all six in one streak.

Malakriss

Perfect catch still isn't guaranteed even if you time it right. It's only like 30% or some shit. It was a big discussion during EA but they had a lot of sycophants saying it was "perfect" that even if you had perfect timing you weren't guaranteed the best fish.
Yeah the problem is to even have a shot at the legendary you have to be perfect at the catch. Really annoying.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Damn, streak ended with the spear. Barely got him to his second form :(

I always start my runs with the feather to build up dodge and move speed before the first fountain. This run is the first one I forgot to switch back to the feather before I started. Idk how powerful that is but it worked on the previous four runs.

Last edited:

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fucking didn't play pre-release at all and I'm already at 70 hours. Haven't had a game suck me in this much in years.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users