Hades (Supergiant Games)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Fully upgraded Guan Yu only takes 50% life, and its spin attack eats projectiles and heals you. If you get the faster spin + bigger spin radius hammer upgrades it's basically easy mode. Add some Athena deflect boons and it's lulzy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Also, how in the living fuck do you get Achilles to give you the god damn codex? I've spoken to him at least 25 times and have yet to get the fucking thing. I have like 30 nectars and 20 ambrosia's that I can't even do anything with because he still hasn't given it to me. I thought unlocking Guan Yu would make him drop it, but nope. I'm getting really pissed off about that.

october 2nd patch message stated they increased the change of getting codex

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How do you even get them? I unlocked the spear. I read you just spend Titan bloods then talk to X, depending on which weapon. I tried with the bow but not sure what to do after using five bloods. I saw a site that said talk to Artemis, but he didn’t say or do anything different.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah it's usually unlock spear first, 5 bloods, then get the dialogue from a person. Not sure if wearing their keepsake or having high affection is required.

I finished off the bounties for the sword, they stop after 20 heat so you get 21 reward runs with each weapon then you need to farm the broker for the remaining mats.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
october 2nd patch message stated they increased the change of getting codex
FINALLY got the damn codex tonight, after about 20 conversations. Only problem I'm having now is I can't defeat Hades anymore. He's gotten so hard, I can't even get him down once. His hit points barely move now. And it's not even just him, but the fact that he spawns about 10 archers now who all seem to have rapid fire shot. I'm getting pummeled.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don’t worry I’m at upwards of 50 runs now and still haven’t gotten him once. I feel like I got the codex forever ago though, not sure why it took you so long.

• 1Solidarity

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally got a win with bow on run 33

Attachments

• hades1.png
    hades1.png
    963.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I got Excalibur tonight. Holy shit is that sword OP. If you get the right build, you barely get hit. I cleared the whole game in less than 30 minutes. I also just realized that you can make trades with the guy across from the cook! I had no idea until tonight. I traded like 8 ambrosia's for 8 titan bloods! Also, how the fuck do you start the quests for the companions? I can't give out any more nectars, and no one I've spoken to has started me off on a quest yet. The furthest I got was having a drink with Achilles as he spoke about Patreclus.

Malakriss

Also, how the fuck do you start the quests for the companions? I can't give out any more nectars, and no one I've spoken to has started me off on a quest yet. The furthest I got was having a drink with Achilles as he spoke about Patreclus.
Achilles' favor / companion takes the longest, you have to encounter and trigger so many dialogue with both it's kind of ridiculous. Than and Meg take a lot less runs before they advance and have the better effects.

I haven't even bothered with the badges and may not at all, be lucky to get enough gems and diamonds to max renovations without an absurd amount of grinding.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I got Excalibur tonight. Holy shit is that sword OP. If you get the right build, you barely get hit. I cleared the whole game in less than 30 minutes. I also just realized that you can make trades with the guy across from the cook! I had no idea until tonight. I traded like 8 ambrosia's for 8 titan bloods! Also, how the fuck do you start the quests for the companions? I can't give out any more nectars, and no one I've spoken to has started me off on a quest yet. The furthest I got was having a drink with Achilles as he spoke about Patreclus.

I'm in the same boat, have cleared it with a bunch of weapons, and varying heat levels. Not sure what I have to do with the ambrosia lol

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm in the same boat, have cleared it with a bunch of weapons, and varying heat levels. Not sure what I have to do with the ambrosia lol
Eventually you'll use ambrosia to upgrade companion keepsakes. When you reach high friendship levels with certain underworld gods, they give you the ability to summon them X number of times per run. X increases with ambrosia.

Malakriss

I'm at the tail end of achievements now where i'd have to 3-star every keepsake and cycle attempts until i get the final quest. Don't really want to farm the ridiculous amount of mats it would take to max badges and finish off codex.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I noticed there are some boons that are clearly overtuned. Early on if I get the 'attacks heal you' for the sword or the 'gun special hurts you but does 3x damage and has a huge area' those runs are going to be cakewalks. And sometimes that's what I'm in the mood for ;)

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I noticed there are some boons that are clearly overtuned. Early on if I get the 'attacks heal you' for the sword or the 'gun special hurts you but does 3x damage and has a huge area' those runs are going to be cakewalks. And sometimes that's what I'm in the mood for ;)
That's what I like about it. Getting weird combos that surprising work well together, or once in a while getting absolute rape builds. plowing through a run in 21 minutes is awesome because you don't really expect it.

• 1Like

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's what I like about it. Getting weird combos that surprising work well together, or once in a while getting absolute rape builds. plowing through a run in 21 minutes is awesome because you don't really expect it.
Zeus' shield rapes with his lighting bolt hit on Special atk boon.

Khane

I'm just waiting for some of you to find out about the Poseidon aspect sword + Artemis + Hermes cast boons

Daidraco

I got this game simply because it kept popping up here, and do not regret it one bit. Started playing last night, and before I knew it - it was 4am and Ive felt like shit all day because of it. I cant remember the last game that did that to me lol

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

There are a bunch of Artemis cast boons. Crit, secondary arrows, damage when they pop, etc