Halo

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So can I skip last week's episode and jump back in this week? I had to listen to friends complain about last weeks episode non stop
episode 7 is just bad and makes no logical sense in anyones decision tree

but you have to slog thru it since there is so much info from it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
binged through the whole season 2, definitely a huge improvement over season 1 which was a giant turd. Still 30-40% pointless "no one gives a fuck about Kwan or little mulatto boy" wasted plot but a lot of the space stuff and fights were cool. It was a bit anti climactic finally getting to a Halo ring but it did look nice. Interesting that they changed the release of the flood from stupid covenant jobbers to stupid girl boss scientists. Women get it done, and by it we mean galactic extinction.

Mostly the show made me want to play the game again and I booted Halo MCC for the first time in 4+ years and damn its fun as fuck and looks great. An hour in Halo 1 and I remembered how we used to make great games. So immersive and fun, sure everyone looks like they have jaundice in 240p but damn it felt good and frenetic and fast.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
binged through the whole season 2, definitely a huge improvement over season 1 which was a giant turd. Still 30-40% pointless "no one gives a fuck about Kwan or little mulatto boy" wasted plot but a lot of the space stuff and fights were cool. It was a bit anti climactic finally getting to a Halo ring but it did look nice. Interesting that they changed the release of the flood from stupid covenant jobbers to stupid girl boss scientists. Women get it done, and by it we mean galactic extinction.

Mostly the show made me want to play the game again and I booted Halo MCC for the first time in 4+ years and damn its fun as fuck and looks great. An hour in Halo 1 and I remembered how we used to make great games. So immersive and fun, sure everyone looks like they have jaundice in 240p but damn it felt good and frenetic and fast.
they did good w/ using jen taylor but she has like 6lines in both seasons

imagine how much better it'd all be if keith david and steve downes did the voices

i wonder if the overseas french dubbing has thier og halo va's for the series

Siliconemelons

Somehow got Forward unto Dawn on youtube - thanks algoz - how could they have gone so far from that, they had an awesome template... it had enough wokeness with all the cadets being kids of "mothers" who were ranking officers and stuff- had a blend of races and genders- but how they put the thing together was 100% more HALO than the HALO show.

Enjoying this re watch...should I watch this?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Somehow got Forward unto Dawn on youtube - thanks algoz - how could they have gone so far from that, they had an awesome template... it had enough wokeness with all the cadets being kids of "mothers" who were ranking officers and stuff- had a blend of races and genders- but how they put the thing together was 100% more HALO than the HALO show.

it's an alternate universe, the action is better (w/ 10years of course) they look real good as spartans, but halsey steals the show (in a good way)

Oldbased

> Than U

Forward Unto Dawn was the first HALO movie/show/game I ever saw in the HALO world. I've watched it a few times since then always as a movie. I think I caught it around 2015 but learned years earlier it was a set of short series all combined together. Everything I knew about Halo up till this HALO series was based on that movie. Still mostly is.

Siliconemelons

Forward Unto Dawn was the first HALO movie/show/game I ever saw in the HALO world. I've watched it a few times since then always as a movie. I think I caught it around 2015 but learned years earlier it was a set of short series all combined together. Everything I knew about Halo up till this HALO series was based on that movie. Still mostly is.

For what was essentially a Halo 4 commercial, it is awesome, had the brit chick from Chronicles of Narnia - reviews are like "other than the main two, the characters are a bit shallow and cliche" - like... its 1hour people and manages to communicate more about things of the specific universe than 3 hours of Rebel Moon did about theirs and they still only managed about 1.5 characters worth of development.

So I may give this HALO series a shot- I always enjoyed in a non super deep dive kind of way the HALO world...but I also only have played like 1-3

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
For what was essentially a Halo 4 commercial, it is awesome, had the brit chick from Chronicles of Narnia - reviews are like "other than the main two, the characters are a bit shallow and cliche" - like... its 1hour people and manages to communicate more about things of the specific universe than 3 hours of Rebel Moon did about theirs and they still only managed about 1.5 characters worth of development.

So I may give this HALO series a shot- I always enjoyed in a non super deep dive kind of way the HALO world...but I also only have played like 1-3
well it was also to establish laskey, since pretty much all the other humans in 1-3 got killed

here he is meeting chief again and asking him to establish a lz

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
there goes my thoughts of watching the show now after Forward.. well yeah they did the same for the last of us,
I started to reply to it in the other thread when I saw it, but just said fuck it and scrolled past. My tolerance for shit and hate watching is pretty fucking high. Especially if I see even a small miniscule fucking glimmer of hope. Its not like Im paying for paramount so fuck it. But even I couldnt even make it through season 2. I just have no desire to watch it, and I think I stopped caring after episode 3..? The show is just a sad fucking waste of an IP.

I really wish Nationalism would peak again so I could fucking watch some America, Fuck ya! kind of shit for a change.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I started to reply to it in the other thread when I saw it, but just said fuck it and scrolled past. My tolerance for shit and hate watching is pretty fucking high. Especially if I see even a small miniscule fucking glimmer of hope. Its not like Im paying for paramount so fuck it. But even I couldnt even make it through season 2. I just have no desire to watch it, and I think I stopped caring after episode 3..? The show is just a sad fucking waste of an IP.

I really wish Nationalism would peak again so I could fucking watch some America, Fuck ya! kind of shit for a change.
yea after eps 3 it was

"holy shit, we have no budget for the mjolnir suits no more!!!"

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know how I feel about this show. It's just good enough that I look forward to the next episode, but after watching each one I'm left feeling disappointed.

I guess the nostalgia hits are going to have to be enough.