HDTVs

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still very pleased with the image on my Panasonic P50GT60 plasma, but one evening of watching the same TV station has left the logo burned in. I left it on the screen-clearing scrolling bar overnight, then on the color slides all day and although it's faded a bit I can still see it. Any tips?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
It should fade over time. Buddy of mine fell asleep playing a video game with his Samsung plasma, the HUD burned in pretty bad and it took like 3 weeks for it to completely go away, but it eventually did.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Still very pleased with the image on my Panasonic P50GT60 plasma, but one evening of watching the same TV station has left the logo burned in. I left it on the screen-clearing scrolling bar overnight, then on the color slides all day and although it's faded a bit I can still see it. Any tips?
Just for science, I forget if you said you did the 100 hour burn-in color slides first? If you did, that surprises me that it did that. I've watched the same channel all day long (football, so that includes scoreboards in the same spot all day too) many times, and never noticed any problems.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It will go away.. Happen to my old one.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did the slides although not for 100 hours, just overnight a few times. Watched a lot of fullscreen HD stuff on various channels, only one channel logo really burned in though. Could just be the logo design, it's a hard one-color square with a 1 in it so it really stands out. Had the flu last week and I watched History channel for two days straight and that logo never burned in.

It has faded somewhat but it's still noticable on panning shots, it's probably like that one scratch on your car that you can't unsee once you know it is there.

266px-Nederland_1_Logo.svg.png

Other than that, it's awesome. Been messing with the settings a bit and especially with the room lights turned down a bit the picture looks stunning. Coming from an 8 year old Samsung M86 LCD (which got rave reviews at the time) I'd say it was a worthwhile upgrade.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It should slowly fade. If you want to speed that up run the slides more when you're not using it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The screen-clearing bar isn't very useful. The only really good thing for that stuff is the Pixel Flipper on the Disney WOW Blu-ray.

Image Retention rates do decrease over time, but you should be careful with it. Super White logos will stay on there there longest. Colored stuff fades pretty quickly.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know they are all cheap and almost throw away but looking to get a good 32 inch. Budget minded.

It will be used in a game room/workout room and mainly used for Xbox hookup and maybe some tv/movies.

Any suggestions?

Edit: probably just go with this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN32EH5300-32-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B0074FGNJ6/

spronk

FPS noob
if you can wait 2-3 weeks there are a ton of superbowl specials that happen around that time, but yeah i have three samsungs (42-60") and they are really great TVs with good smart apps. I also suggest checking out Costco if you are a member, good warranty and can haul it back for a full refund with no hassles.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Costco is solid, and you won't find many places cheaper if you are buying locally rather than online. I bought my last 2 TVs from Costco, and I searched EVERYWHERE locally, Best Buy, WalMart, local specialty A/V places, and Costco was at least as cheap, if not cheaper than them all, and they give a better default warranty to boot.

Crone

The exact tv I linked is available at Costco, and I'm a member. Does Costco run deals or would I be safe picking that TV up whenever?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Sometimes their in-store pricing is a bit cheaper than their listed prices online. Its always worth a trip there to check it out. The online price is probably the everyday price, I don't notice too many sales on their website but if you luck out it might be even cheaper in-store.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Every 2-3 weeks Costco has new sales that they send out in a flier in the mail, and is also available as a smartphone app. Typically there seem to be a couple of different TVs each time, but if you're looking for a specific one, you might end up waiting awhile, so check one or two fliers and if it isn't there, you're probably safe to buy it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know I've already told you guys how great my VT60 is but jfc I was blown away with the boxing I was watching last night. Seriously if anyone is looking for a TV and has the $$ pick one up.

What's the warranty at cosco? isn't it squaretrade??

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So Newegg has a cheap Chinese 50" for $399 supposedly it sports LG panel and has good reviews on newegg. Any thoughts? My living room is like the only room in the house thats without a TV and a 50" would be nice there. Shit its even bigger than my family room 47" I have right now.

I bought a cheap ass 40" for the kid for xmas and im really surprised by how good the picture is, should I bite on this?

Newegg.com - Changhong 50 1080p LED HDTV - LED50YC2000UA

Crone

So Newegg has a cheap Chinese 50" for $399 supposedly it sports LG panel and has good reviews on newegg. Any thoughts? My living room is like the only room in the house thats without a TV and a 50" would be nice there. Shit its even bigger than my family room 47" I have right now.

I bought a cheap ass 40" for the kid for xmas and im really surprised by how good the picture is, should I bite on this?

Newegg.com - Changhong 50 1080p LED HDTV - LED50YC2000UA
Been watching that TV for quite a while, and I'm surprised the reviews are coming in so positive. It was down to $299 over the Holidays I believe, but it's still a great price for that size. I've been tempted many times as well, but never bit the bullet. Good luck!

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
When I've looked at reviews from purchasers there were quite a few people complaining about DoA as well as non-responsive support. Doesn't seem worth it over spending another $100 for a low end name brand.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I decided to wait. Its not like I need it right now. Besides the prices keep coming down.