HDTVs

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll find out when I get home what the hell it is.

I distinctly remember googling the issue and a lot of threads stating you could not shut it off.

Inque

FunEmployed
I have that issue with my Samsung where I turn the TV on and its dim, the only way to resolve the issue is to turn the TV off and back on. I disabled their 'Eco' mode shit and the sensor but it still randomly does this, so I dunno if the TV is just bugged or what.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm not sure this is worth its own thread so I'll toss it in here.

Any recommendations for an indoor HD Antenna? I don't have TV service, but I'd like to have the option to watch basic stuff like Jeopardy and some prime-time major network shows. I did some research and I shouldn't have any trouble picking up the major network signals using an indoor antenna based on my location.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I got this 32" Samsung TV that I have in my 9yr olds room for his 360. Whats happening is that in the upper LH corner of the TV the below happens....Anyone know of a cure? It comes and goes.

rrr_img_67152.jpg

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I got this 32" Samsung TV that I have in my 9yr olds room for his 360. Whats happening is that in the upper LH corner of the TV the below happens....Anyone know of a cure? It comes and goes.

rrr_img_67152.jpg
Looks like something equivalent to demo mode is turned on. You can disable it in the menu somewhere.

spronk

FPS noob

an accordion_sl

shitlord
So I need a new TV soon and don't want to pay a lot... size doesn't have to be huge. Any good suggestions before I buy some piece of shit?

Don't want a smart TV since I got chromecast and shit.

Siliconemelons

So I need a new TV soon and don't want to pay a lot... size doesn't have to be huge. Any good suggestions before I buy some piece of shit?

Don't want a smart TV since I got chromecast and shit.
TigerDirect has some refurbs and generics in the 40-55 inch range floating around 350-500 price range, their 5yr warranty is like 70$ - my dad got a 46" Hisence 1080p with 5yr extended warranty for 380$ out the door... it looks decent and is nicely built... if it shits itself in 5 years its replaced or fully refunded /shrug . . . if you aint going high end, go low end... midrange is almost useless, unless the noname is only 50$ or so less than the good standard midranges such as visio etc... but in most cases the nonames are like 400, the visio's are 550-600 and the high ends are 700-800 in the about 4X inch ranges.

Column_sl

shitlord
If you are looking for something that is in the 26 inch range that looks incredible, and works really well with both the computer/ video game systems.

I got this TV from costco about 3 years ago. One of the best TV's I've owned, and a beautiful picture.
Only thing that sucks is the Audio isn't that great on it so would need a sound bar, or some external speakers.
Unfortunately you can't get them new, but for around 150-200 you are not taking much of a chance.

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M261VP-2...s=vizio+m261vp

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have the oCosmo tv and its great for the price but be aware it does have a bit of ghosting when used as a monitor.

spronk

FPS noob
costco always has sales on TVs and is a good place for a decent but not super amazing $1k tv. just bought this weekend a $899 55" samsung smart LED (6300 model iirc) to replace parents bedroom TV, $200 off until july and TV works great for em. Bought a $70 1.5tb USB3 drive too and loaded it up with all the old movies and TV shows my dad loves, the smart features on the latest TVs are great and easy to use even for older adults, don't need boxee/rokus/chromecast/etc anymore and the TVs are all compatible with netflix/hulu/amazon/youtube/etc. you can also mirror your android/ios phone to a samsung screen.

costco also extends the manuf warranty to 2 years from 1, can add an extra 3 years for $60 if you want (squaretrade).

also saw a 60" LG at costco for $799, was tempted but they already have 2 other samsung TVs so its more an issue of not having to learn a new remote

they also had 80" 4K TVs they were gorgeous but 4k is pretty much a waste still. interesting that none of the curved screens that were all the rage at CES this year have made it out into the wild yet.

Column_sl

shitlord
interesting that none of the curved screens that were all the rage at CES this year have made it out into the wild yet.
They have, LG makes them. They are just really expensive ,and only come in 55" models. Also only some come in 4k
OLED screens are very hard to manufacture when they start getting larger. Have to wait about 2 more years till we start seeing them allot, but they are going to be much like Plasma too expensive for the average consumer.

OLED is by far the best tech tho. No input lag, true blacks that are better then plasma, and brighter then LED which translates to true whites.
Also they are super thin, and can have almost 0 bezel.