Headphones & Audio Devices

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Awesome, just the thread I was looking for <3

I need a pair of bt headphones for my 2019 sammy tv, watch movies/netflix evenings and not annoy the wife/kids/neighbor. Was wondering what you guys use for this kind of setup? Basically looking to direct bt connect to tv, no middle station or other bs.

Saw a youtube vid on how to enable the pairing of bt headsets, aka remote key combo for some hidden menu, to enable audio devices other than soundbars etc. Was thinking it would be good with, I donno, Sony M3 or Bose nc 700 headset. Is that overkill, mebbe? The sony m4 is comin this year, so hoping for a deal. Dont think I really need nc, or do I? Not conf calling or using it any other place than home. Or is, say, sennheiser 450 bt enough? Also looked into shareme or whatever it’s called, 2 bt headset on one tv. No idea if it’s standard with bt v 5.0? What do you guys use for tv watching?

What is okay for a non-audiophile, looking to watch a movie, and not feel it totally sucks?

The good Roku's from the last few years have a remote with a headphone jack that works great for plugging in whatever headphones you want...if you can do all your nighttime TV watching through a Roku, that's a pretty nice solution. There's also a "private listening" option where it streams the audio to your phone (connect to headphones obviously), but I've never used that so idk if that sucks tv dicks or fucks like Patrick Bateman.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I previously had some Plantronics BackBeat Fit wireless headphones for listening to music while on the plane travelling. It seems they've shit the bed, though (and apparently I just missed a class action suit because the product was incredibly shitty), so now I need something new. Any recommendations for some wireless headphones that aren't too large and easy to pack? Inexpensive would be nice as well, since I'm not going to use them terribly often and I don't need crazy water/sweat protection/noise cancellation/etc. I'd use my old wired headphones, but Apple is fucking retarded (I'm sorry, they're stunning and brave) and I don't have a jack anymore.
this is the 2020 ver of the one i got a year ago TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones [2020] 45H Playtime Bluetooth Headphones it folds, so it's much easier to carry around (mine doesn't so i take it on airplane, it's just either on my head or around my neck). sounds is great, noise cancelling is great, comfortable for sleeping. the battery i swear lasts 48 hours, i've turned it on in the morning and it's half dead by night, hell honestly i don't remember turning it off much really, it's just always on.

This is furthered by the fact that you can actually in real life "quick charge" this for 5mins and you get half battery life

using it on airplane is easy cuz they give you a 3.5mm corder to watch movies and i double paired it on my phone and my wifes iphone (she stole it from me on a few flights)

it is big and clunky, but the reason why my wife stole mine, is cuz its 100x more comfortable than earphones (which she has noise cancelling, but she'd rather let me go through the hassle of taking it on the airplane and stealing my shit).

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
These get good ratings, cheaper versions available as well.

Ended up picking these up. Turns out I didn't need them since my trip got cancelled, but I'll use them in bed plenty, too. Decent sound, nice and comfy and they don't take much space. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for at a decent price, thanks!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The good Roku's from the last few years have a remote with a headphone jack that works great for plugging in whatever headphones you want...if you can do all your nighttime TV watching through a Roku, that's a pretty nice solution. There's also a "private listening" option where it streams the audio to your phone (connect to headphones obviously), but I've never used that so idk if that sucks tv dicks or fucks like Patrick Bateman.

I use my Roku's headphone jack all the time and it is fantastic. Be warned, you go through batteries like a bitch.

The private listening function is good, but spotty depending on which type of Roku you have.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone know if there are attachments for VESA mounts that you could set a bookshelf speaker on?
May be able to fabricate something similar to this or modify it for your needs.

VIVO Universal Sound Bar Bracket Speaker Mount Above or Below Wall Mounted TV | Fits 23 to 65 inches (Mount-SPSB2)

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any recommendation for a good gaming headset around $100? Last one I bought was around the time Diablo 3 came out...

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Opinions on the Schiit Fulla vs the Magni/Modi stack?

I'm running Sennheiser 598 Opens, feel like the MM combo would be overkill unless I moved up to 600 series Sennheiser's.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Any recommendation for a good gaming headset around $100? Last one I bought was around the time Diablo 3 came out...
I'm a big fan of Hyper X Clouds (I have the original without the mixer and shit). Linus said they were the best headphones he could find in the $100 range.

Now that I have a real mic though, I'll probably get something nicer for my next pair.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Opinions on the Schiit Fulla vs the Magni/Modi stack?

I'm running Sennheiser 598 Opens, feel like the MM combo would be overkill unless I moved up to 600 series Sennheiser's.

Fulla is perfectly fine for the 598's. The MM combo is obviously the better choice if you need to drive some more demanding headphones later. I couldn't tell the difference sound quality wise. I went with the MM stack because I have a few headphones that could use the extra power.

1417.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is there latency when using these DACs?

I want to replace my soundcard with onboard amp with something external but it's important that it doesn't have latency for gaming.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
M/M will last you the rest of your life more than likely. Sound quality is superb and it can drive anything.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone is buying headsets not that they’re working from home. That Logitech is sold out everywhere within 250 miles of the Best Buy closest to me haha.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Recommendations on bluetooth ear buds? I had the Samsung Buds which were great... until they died after only three months. Want something that's in-ear, bluetooth, and can support phone calls.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Been using these since Dec 2018 only had some small pairing issues.

They don't have problems cutting out when walking around? I'm a no-car-owning-city-dweller so I walk around a lot. And I've had shitty earbuds the cut out constantly unless I'm sitting still at a desk.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Fulla is perfectly fine for the 598's. The MM combo is obviously the better choice if you need to drive some more demanding headphones later. I couldn't tell the difference sound quality wise. I went with the MM stack because I have a few headphones that could use the extra power.

View attachment 255740
How does this compare to the FiiO E10k I have? Is worth the upgrade?