Headphones & Audio Devices

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does this compare to the FiiO E10k I have? Is worth the upgrade?
Have you had any crashing issues with your FiiO? I started getting random BSoD's while it was connected that mentioned a USB driver, still not sure if it was the FiiO, but since its been disconnected I've had no crashes.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Have you had any crashing issues with your FiiO? I started getting random BSoD's while it was connected that mentioned a USB driver, still not sure if it was the FiiO, but since its been disconnected I've had no crashes.

Not at all. It has been rock solid but I have only been using it as my primary audio source since January. Previously I only used it for my headphones because my last computer had a much better on board audio set up than my current system.

I am just wondering if I am missing out and if it would be a big difference to upgrade.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I have that issue with my E10k. It lasts about 3-4 hours before BSOD if I recall, though it's been sitting in a drawer for well over a year.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
E10k has given me no crashes in the long time that I've used it. Maybe drivers have improved? I don't know.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Suggestions for gaming headphones? Have used Logitech G430's the last two times, but the swivel earphones seem to eventually get weak and break from standard use (I don't drop them or anything). Not looking for anything too expensive, but just decent and durable.

Oldbased

> Than U
So question. I have my TV paired with my Vizio soundbar. Like most soundbars it doesn't have a headphone option. It does have bluetooth but it is only incoming.
Now I want and have wanted for years to have a headphone system hooked up somehow. The problem is I'd like to be able to switch to headphones while disabling the LG sound sync ( TV speakers are disabled ) with something as simple as possible, or rather not needing to fumble behind the TV/settings/5 remotes to do so.
I haven't used headphones on a TV in probably 35 years but it sure SEEMS to be a complicated affair from what I've seen to make it user friendly. Headphones would need to be wireless too since I'd be in bed 15 feet away.

Anything easy to do this or is it just a hassle?

Oldbased

> Than U
Suggestions for gaming headphones? Have used Logitech G430's the last two times, but the swivel earphones seem to eventually get weak and break from standard use (I don't drop them or anything). Not looking for anything too expensive, but just decent and durable.
I have Logitech 633's which is the corded version of the 900/933 series. I bought them in 2016 and while they swivel like the other models, I have been pretty rough on them and they are still flawless. I have replaced the 10 foot usb cord twice, the last with a high quality braided one after they kept cracking and failing. Either I have been extremely lucky as I was going through turtle beach's like every 3 months prior or the 633's have held up well. When I bought the headset it was $175 and now they sell for like $50-$75. I love I can use a 3.5mm input as well for real time mic passthrough so no delay which saves me having to have a mixer setup when using a external boom mic. The headset mic wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. I hear the 635 which replaced my headset has a 6mm mic where as mine was 4mm I think. I wanted better sound so I disabled it, have a boom mic. Bad thing is I have 2 cords dangle from it the braided USB and the 3.5mm direct to mic for hearing my voice. I did 2 years ago buy a $5 bracker on Amazon and mount it on the wall that is designed to hold headphones, I did this because I kept knocking them off to the floor. Now I hang it on that when not in use.

Can't speak for other logitech headsets but this one has been a trooper.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So question. I have my TV paired with my Vizio soundbar. Like most soundbars it doesn't have a headphone option. It does have bluetooth but it is only incoming.
Now I want and have wanted for years to have a headphone system hooked up somehow. The problem is I'd like to be able to switch to headphones while disabling the LG sound sync ( TV speakers are disabled ) with something as simple as possible, or rather not needing to fumble behind the TV/settings/5 remotes to do so.
I haven't used headphones on a TV in probably 35 years but it sure SEEMS to be a complicated affair from what I've seen to make it user friendly. Headphones would need to be wireless too since I'd be in bed 15 feet away.

Anything easy to do this or is it just a hassle?

This should get you what you are after. For my purposes I had to have the low latency but you mat not and can get a cheaper one without that feature. One thing I am not sure of if it will mute the soundbar so you might have to do that yourself.(I think it would but not sure)

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone know of an AV reciver or other device that can accept multiple inpots (ps4, Xbox, Switch, Roku, Cable Box, computer)
then switch between two outputs at 4k with HDR?

I have a main 75 inch main 4k screen and a second 50 inch for watching sports and movies while i play slower RPGs
I want to be able to play PS4 on the big one while the wife watches a movies on the little one, or plays Xbox.

I then want to be able to switch them at my leisure. For example if i am gaming on the big tv and the hockey game goes to overtime. i want to be able to swtich the feed to the big tv on the fly to watch the action.

I Have been looking on line for HDMI 4k Matrix Switches but would like to see if an AV receiver can do the same. so far have not found a suitable switch.

Right now i have one of these but its only set up for the cable box and i have to hit the button manually.

Would like a way to play any device on any screen and switch back and forth with out major handshake issues.
audio loss is not a huge deal, my set up is only 2.1 stereo right now.

Anyone have any ideas or recommendations on set up ?

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My TrumpBux suggestion for headphones: Hifiman Sundara's

Got these about a year ago or so, they are vastly superior in comfort, sound quality and in game imaging than Sennheiser HD6XX's. HD6XX's are dog crap in comparison for games like Escape from Tarkov, it's amazing how much better I can spot directions in comparison. I paid $500 at the time but they're $350 now. The cups fell apart though so I had to buy some replacements for around $50 which was rather annoy ing, but they're the best headphone's I've ever heard. I don't have any fancy amps though, just a FIIO e10k I don't use and a creative usb dac/amp.

Add some attachable mic, wrap the cords in a sleeve and you're good to go.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Snagged the Schiit Loki to add to my stack.

loki-mini-front-1920.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Okay friends, talk to about DAC's and stuff. I have Beyerdynamic DT 770's 80 Ohm. Would I benefit from this stuff? How complicated is it? What difference would it make? How does it work?

Is it worth it or is it something that just makes you happy?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Okay friends, talk to about DAC's and stuff. I have Beyerdynamic DT 770's 80 Ohm. Would I benefit from this stuff? How complicated is it? What difference would it make? How does it work?

Is it worth it or is it something that just makes you happy?

You don't need an amp for those headphones. The DAC will make a noticeable difference in noise quality (humming/Hiss) if you were hooking up to your PC directly.

Also some mother board audio is good enough at this point that most people won't be able to tell the difference. Especially in gaming. Just need some software IF you want to EQ it up a bit.

IF you listen to music on your PC I would get a DAC/AMP/Headphones that are entry level audiophile. High end gaming sound. The Schiit Modi/Magni is about 200 bucks and will be good enough/great for 95% of the headphones you'd buy. Your headphones are perfect for this Schiit stack and I WOULD get it and never worry about sound again regardless of what headphones you buy in the future.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma Brahma what would be the next stage for upgrading from an FiiO 10k to something?

A DAC is a DAC. So for a bit more power get the Schiit setup. The price just can't be beat at 200 bucks, and the quality is amazing.

My HD800's and amp are in storage. On my desk is the Schiit stack and the HiFiman He560's. They sound ALMOST as good as the tube amp/HD800's at 1/4 the cost.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
A DAC is a DAC. So for a bit more power get the Schiit setup. The price just can't be beat at 200 bucks, and the quality is amazing.

My HD800's and amp are in storage. On my desk is the Schiit stack and the HiFiman He560's. They sound ALMOST as good as the tube amp/HD800's at 1/4 the cost.
Thanks dude. Appreciate the advice as I know you are an audiophile.

• 1Solidarity