Headphones & Audio Devices

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Not reading the full story, but it isn't just rtx cards FYI. NVIDIA is using it as a marketing tool but it also works on older gens

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not reading the full story, but it isn't just rtx cards FYI. NVIDIA is using it as a marketing tool but it also works on older gens

I just tried to install the software...

I have a 1080ti

aaaaaa.jpg

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still have a zip of the rtxvoice software that runs on GTX cards. 490 MB if anyone can suggest a host.

version number is the same too

1587641031141.png

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
God dammit Brahma, you got me eyeballing the Fulla/Hella (Leaning more towards the Hella for the new color scheme) and I don't even need it, lol. I'm pretty set on my Arctis 7 but was considering dabbling in a intro set.

Dooooo eeeeet!!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Now that I have had the Schiit Loki a couple days. It tightens the bass up. Makes it a bit more punch. Not deeper. Give it a 7/10. And one point is for the coolness of my Schiit stack.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have the Scarlett 2i2 which I use for my headphones - I believe it acts as a DAC in itself. Is there any way to use something like the schiit stack with it? I have to use it because otherwise with guitar there's too much latency if plugged into my PCs soundcard. If I could get a nice DAC and use it in conjunction that'd be awesome. Or do I just get the stack and plug into either depending on application ?

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Hope this is the right thread.

looking todo some home voice recording for amateur voiceover shenanigans.

any decent mic suggestions? I’ve already been informed about the importance of acoustic isolation but I can’t alter the room where I’m currently staying

can I get away with something like a microphone shield?

840A1092-138D-49CE-A8BA-F37E041E5DC8.jpeg

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Shure SM7B is a good choice. I would hold off on isolation type things and look into sound treatment for whatever room you would be using.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Bought these back in August. Loved them, great sound and I got them on sale for about $100. Amazon.com: Sennheiser PC 373D - 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset: Computers & Accessories

And of course today the fucking mic is busted. There’s been no damage done to the cord, no snagging, no running it over with a chair, no cats eating it, etc. just normal daily use. Started hearing pops and then the mic was dead. Was hoping since I got a headset that had a detachable cable, it’d be easy to replace, but apparently you can’t get an actual replacement anymore. Can get a normal cable but it loses the 7.1 sound without the dumb dongle.

Queue the Bernie I’m once again asking for your [headset suggestions]. Want something with the surround sound feature, around the ear cups, noise-cancelling mic, preferably in the $100 range.

Alternatively since the headset still has great sound, I’d be willing to look at stand alone mics, though I really don’t have any room on my desk to put the damn thing. I’ve never used a stand alone one before and just worry about sounding like I’m in another room or just shitty mic quality in general.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They sell those modmics that clip on and are very cheap. Decent enough and probably comparable to what you had.

I'm a big HyperX cloud fan but no 7.1 surround. Most 7.1 is garbage anyways

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bought these back in August. Loved them, great sound and I got them on sale for about $100. Amazon.com: Sennheiser PC 373D - 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset: Computers & Accessories

And of course today the fucking mic is busted. There’s been no damage done to the cord, no snagging, no running it over with a chair, no cats eating it, etc. just normal daily use. Started hearing pops and then the mic was dead. Was hoping since I got a headset that had a detachable cable, it’d be easy to replace, but apparently you can’t get an actual replacement anymore. Can get a normal cable but it loses the 7.1 sound without the dumb dongle.

Queue the Bernie I’m once again asking for your [headset suggestions]. Want something with the surround sound feature, around the ear cups, noise-cancelling mic, preferably in the $100 range.

Alternatively since the headset still has great sound, I’d be willing to look at stand alone mics, though I really don’t have any room on my desk to put the damn thing. I’ve never used a stand alone one before and just worry about sounding like I’m in another room or just shitty mic quality in general.
I wanted a DAC at the same time I got some new headphones, and the headphones I had gotten didn't have a mic with them, so I bought this combo pack, and it's been amazing. Suggest the same for you and watch your headphones transform into amazing sound machines!!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wanted a DAC at the same time I got some new headphones, and the headphones I had gotten didn't have a mic with them, so I bought this combo pack, and it's been amazing. Suggest the same for you and watch your headphones transform into amazing sound machines!!

Looks like they transformed into a sadface.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I am awful at checking past pages but can anyone recommend ( Noodleface Noodleface maybe?) a good combination of mic and headphones for long term gaming and good audio quality on both the mic and headset?

I'm talking even a mounted mic and normal headphones. I currently have a slightly older gen Hyper X cloud set but lately with wearing glasses I'm just uncomfortable as hell after about an hour.

I'd also like a solid mic with quality for voice chat. The main reason I'm struggling on that is I also have a glass surface corner desk (that I should probably replace because I suck at keeping it clean anyway) and a corsair kb with somewhat loud keys, definitely quieter than my last kb but I don't want that being picked up in the mic if possible, either from just the sound or being one of those people where you can hear the mic shake as each key gets slammed

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user