Headphones & Audio Devices

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
300 bucks for bookshelf's now? Maybe 100 for an amp? Both these items I have owned. Absolutely awesome entry level for swapping to external DAC and cans.

You mentioned sleeping wife. Closed back Hifiman's.

Amazon product ASIN B0BXP2TKP3
I will not buy Schiit any longer. Three times I have had issues with their products. Two time cost me. I was always a FiiO fan.

Amazon product ASIN B0BXP2TKP3
hmm links are broken to me for some reason. I have a scar from temple to temple across the top of my head that makes headphone uncomfortable. Extended gaming sessions with headphones on tend to be painful.

My earbuds are over the ear like sunglasses for that reason.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
hmm links are broken to me for some reason. I have a scar from temple to temple across the top of my head that makes headphone uncomfortable. Extended gaming sessions with headphones on tend to be painful.

Hmmm. The links are now coming up broken for me also. Sorry about that.

You want the Hifiman Sundara's. 150 bucks. They are 150 dollar headphones though. You aren't getting HD800s sound. But I thought they were pretty good for gaming.

The amp is a FiiO. They are all the same sound wise at under 200 bucks really.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i have these
fb9113a462f3a7a9e3e237692bc36490.png

i like em, comfortable and i can go from pc to ps5 easily (theres a reciever for the ps5)

anyway the head band, snapped, most headsets that have that "band" seem to break, so i decided gorilla glue and grip tape? was gonna give up and just buy another one, then i thought

naw, i have an entire garage of shit, i can make this work...

hose clamps
a8d4eea16380a05829b21ebfb79a47f0.png

worked amazing, 1 on each side, literally no "play"
0813241729_HDR.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Definitely my favorite hs I own.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Great headset. I think I have the v3, and they are still going strong.

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I got a free set back when we went to The International DotA tournament in Seattle. Can’t remember which year, TI6 maybe? Steelseries had a giveaway and like a week later they emailed saying I’d won. Might be the only contest my whole life that hit. They’re really nice. Wouldn’t mind an updated pair if they’re even better.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
They are great, I just wish they were a little bigger. Poor fit for those with big heads.
Exactly. They are by far the best headset i have ever used when it comes to sound quality and range, but the fit was just tight enough I got a headache. I am forever stuck with my G935 for my fat head.

I have considered using my Sony WH1000XM4 along with a microphone.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Exactly. They are by far the best headset i have ever used when it comes to sound quality and range, but the fit was just tight enough I got a headache. I am forever stuck with my G935 for my fat head.

I have considered using my Sony WH1000XM4 along with a microphone.
I’ve got that narrow German head so they are great.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I bought the Steel Series Arctis Nova 7P today since I'll be playing Space Marine 2 with my nephews but didn't have a mic... and I think they suck total ass. The sound quality is bad; bass is a bit too emphasized and the treble range is poor. This is compared to my Sennheiser HD599's.

I had almost bought the more expensive Nova Pro's, glad I didn't.

Any suggestions for a better than "good enough" audio quality wired headset that can be connected to a PS5? Other option would be to just a stand alone mic that I can plug into the PS5, while hopefully sending audio out through hdmi to my receiver and using my normal headphones.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I bought the Steel Series Arctis Nova 7P today since I'll be playing Space Marine 2 with my nephews but didn't have a mic... and I think they suck total ass. The sound quality is bad; bass is a bit too emphasized and the treble range is poor. This is compared to my Sennheiser HD599's.

I had almost bought the more expensive Nova Pro's, glad I didn't.

Any suggestions for a better than "good enough" audio quality wired headset that can be connected to a PS5? Other option would be to just a stand alone mic that I can plug into the PS5, while hopefully sending audio out through hdmi to my receiver and using my normal headphones.

Never tried on PS5 but the wireless Artis nova pros on Pc definitely don’t suck ass. Great sound and comfort

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never tried on PS5 but the wireless Artis nova pros on Pc definitely don’t suck ass. Great sound and comfort
The 7P wireless sound like shit, maybe its purely subjective, but shit is shit. I took them back, and saw the Wired Pro was available so I grabbed them. Now these sound good, not quite as good as my HD599's, but close enough that I am happy with them.

The only issue I have with them at the moment is the GameDAC failing to do two things which I would have thought would be default: Automatically disabling the Line Out (connected to my speakers) as soon as headphones were connected (my Schiit stack did this), and not switching to the "active" USB connection if the other is off.

I have my Ps5 and PC connected to the GameDAC. When the Ps5 is on, I can switch to it via the dial and back to PC no problem. If the GameDAC is set to the Ps5 and I turn it off...the GameDAC shuts down even though my PC is still on. I have to pull out the PC's usb connector and reconnect it in order for the GameDAC to "wake up" and know there is a source.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The 7P wireless sound like shit, maybe its purely subjective, but shit is shit. I took them back, and saw the Wired Pro was available so I grabbed them. Now these sound good, not quite as good as my HD599's, but close enough that I am happy with them.

The only issue I have with them at the moment is the GameDAC failing to do two things which I would have thought would be default: Automatically disabling the Line Out (connected to my speakers) as soon as headphones were connected (my Schiit stack did this), and not switching to the "active" USB connection if the other is off.

I have my Ps5 and PC connected to the GameDAC. When the Ps5 is on, I can switch to it via the dial and back to PC no problem. If the GameDAC is set to the Ps5 and I turn it off...the GameDAC shuts down even though my PC is still on. I have to pull out the PC's usb connector and reconnect it in order for the GameDAC to "wake up" and know there is a source.

Yeah dunno what is up

mine sound better than my Sennheiser/logitech pros and Astros by a mile.

I have the Artis Nova Pro wireless I think they are different.

Edit: lol ya mine are definitely not that 7p

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i was looking for work headsets and came upon the bone conduction ones, they seem to have advanced alot
053606283da0a5e8b2b317471b1e7cb7.jpg

SHOKZ OpenComm2 - Open-Ear Bone Conduction Headphones, Wireless Bluetooth Computer Headsets with Noise Canceling Mic and Mute Botton for Work, Call, Meeting, 16 Hours Talk Time for Mobile & PC, Black

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wow that's pretty cool. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Did you get one? If so, how do you like it?
i was researching options for my wife, it was between this vs. (what she ultimately got) headset over ear

it wasn't even a comfort thing, she said she wants the headset so ppl don't bother her, cuz you can't miss them on a person, but the bone conduction i thought was comfortable, albiet a bit weird at first.

it looked nice for you since it wouldn't put pressure on your head and i know after a while earbuds just feel nasty after 2+ hours.

shokz is brand most ppl get, especially runners it seems like em cuz you can run and listen to music and still hear like a car coming at you

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
i was researching options for my wife, it was between this vs. (what she ultimately got) headset over ear

it wasn't even a comfort thing, she said she wants the headset so ppl don't bother her, cuz you can't miss them on a person, but the bone conduction i thought was comfortable, albiet a bit weird at first.

it looked nice for you since it wouldn't put pressure on your head and i know after a while earbuds just feel nasty after 2+ hours.

shokz is brand most ppl get, especially runners it seems like em cuz you can run and listen to music and still hear like a car coming at you
If I wind up pulling the trigger I'll post here. Thanks again bro.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've had 2 pairs of these headphones for the past 15 years and I love them. Any time I watch anything on my computer, of I'm not home alone, are with these, and the sounds quality is excellent.

Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphone, Black Amazon.com