Health Care Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So now they have changed that you can keep your plan, although I'm not sure how you just dicate that without a law change. But the people who have been cancelled are not going back on their old insurance I would bet in most cases.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So now they have changed that you can keep your plan, although I'm not sure how you just dicate that without a law change. But the people who have been cancelled are not going back on their old insurance I would bet in most cases.
I was wondering that too.

Molten Core Raider
If bcbs allows it I will keep my old plan, but I don't see them doing that. Hope to be surprised though.

Borzak

The cancellation notice I received said the entire company was shutting down the ability to get insurance without going thru an exchange so pretty sure I'm SOL. Probably just pay the fine till shit gets straightened out as I'm pretty much self insured.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Stop fucking lying Borzak. Obama made a god damn promised that would not happen. Stop calling Obama a liar.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
not sure if that was a response to me, but an HSA plan doesn't keep you from going to the doctor. It results in people looking for better deals, and in the doctors lowering their prices if they want to stay in business.
How do you figure that?

We're going through open enrollment right now, and the HSA is far and away the worst plan my company is offering.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
We need to stop with worst/worse plan. It's pretty subjective as every person and/or family has different needs. Setting a standard for one and forcing everyone on it when the only difference is monthly premiums and deductible amounts isn't "better" for a lot of people, if its not tailored to their situation and needs.

Borzak

Stop fucking lying Borzak. Obama made a god damn promised that would not happen. Stop calling Obama a liar.
Yeah, what was I thinking?

"I'll resign if I don't cut the deficit in half by the end of four years."
"I'll unite the people of this great country."
"I'll put the Health Care negotiations on CSPAN so everyone can see who is at the table!"
"I'll have no lobbyists in my administration."
"I promise 100% transparency in my administration.".
"I promise NO NEW TAXES on a family making less than $250K a year.".
"I will allow 5 days of public comment before I sign any bills.".
"I will remove earmarks from PORK projects before I sign any bill.".
"I will end Income Tax for seniors making less than $50K a year.".
"I'll close Guantanamo."

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
We need to stop with worst/worse plan. It's pretty subjective as every person and/or family has different needs. Setting a standard for one and forcing everyone on it when the only difference is monthly premiums and deductible amounts isn't "better" for a lot of people, if its not tailored to their situation and needs.
It isn't all that subjective. One plan has substantially more out of pocket costs in the event of literally any incident and more limited coverage in general. That plan is worse.

Even then, OF COURSE I was referring to my situation. Who else would I be shopping for plans during an open enrollment for? Anyone in my situation, meaning anyone who has a family, would be worse off with the HSA plan my company is offering versus one of the other plans.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I just hope that everyone is finally coming around to the idea that having a centralized, not-for-profit, healthcare system is really the only intelligent choice. How many of you conservatards would rather have your taxes go up $100 a month while simultaneously never paying a monthly premium ever again as long as you live, knowing that no matter what happens, you can never, ever, go broke or bankrupt because you get sick or hit by a bus?

Sounds pretty fucking great huh?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Jesus Christ, no other nation on the planet is wasting its time arguing about how much money they should pay to private corporations so they can stay healthy and alive. How can anyone not see how fundamentally fucked up we are here in 'Merica?

Health. PLANS. Jesus fucking titty Christ. Keep sucking up to your corporate masters you fucking soulless retards.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I just hope that everyone is finally coming around to the idea that having a centralized, not-for-profit, healthcare system is really the only intelligent choice. How many of you conservatards would rather have your taxes go up $100 a month while simultaneously never paying a monthly premium ever again as long as you live, knowing that no matter what happens, you can never, ever, go broke or bankrupt because you get sick or hit by a bus?

Sounds pretty fucking great huh?
If Obama and the dems with a locked down congress wont give you that, no one will.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
True dat homie.

pour-one-out-o.gif