Health Care Thread

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
All politicians are all-knowing Gods therefore any inconsistency in any statement they make is a deliberate lie, according to some fucking retard.

Premiums that surprised everyone by pricing under $150 obviously means Obamacare failed and should be repealed and Obama impeached.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
their premiums went up (even if it didn't go up as much as anticipated) and they have none of the helped promised as the law was sold.

if a salesman made a deal with you than changed the terms of the deal how would you feel about that salesman?

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The subsidy is tied to percent paid through income when it's provided by an employer so it's already subsidized by the employer.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
http://cryptome.org/2013/11/acahts.doc

President Obama should have made sure that his staff checked out the performance credentials of CGI Federal before awarding it millions of dollars to push out a key element of the President's signature healthcare initiative.
~
CGI Federal has a bumpy performance track record that also includes US Army Human Terrain System (HTS) which remains a controversial and troubled program with ongoing allegations of time card fraud and employee harassment.

PolicMic has listed the US Army's HTS program as number four in its top five list of most wasteful government programs. One of the comments attached to that piece by "Beau" implies that the HTS troubles date only to the launch of the that program and a year or so after that. That is wildly incorrect as articles reporting on the continued woes of the Human Terrain program-as late as 2013-have appeared in publications in the United States and abroad.

In an intriguing twist it seems that the Affordable Care Act web portal and the Army Human Terrain System were awarded to CGI Federal based, in large part, on having friends in high places. According to the The Daily Caller, "Toni Townes-Whitley, who worked alongside her classmate Michelle Obama in multiple Princeton University student groups, became senior vice president of CGI Federal in May 2010. CGI was the only eligible company considered for the contract to build the disastrous HealthCare.gov Obamacare enrollment site.
US Army Human Terrain System, 2008-2013: The Program from Hell: John Stanton: 9781491063927: Amazon.com: Books

Picasso3

self employed or individual market people =?
To get subsidies with an employer offering health insurance your premiums have to exceed 9.5% of agi. So you can take that out of context if you like and say a person making 25k didn't get any subsidies but it's because his employer already subsidizes it.

Picasso3

If a self insured person makes less than 50k they get a 40% tax credit on 2014,2015 returns, the ability to shop individually or through the SHOP, and if their premiums are 9.5% of their agi through their business then they get a fucking subsidy. If they employer (themselves) doesn't offer coverage then they can get it subsidies through the exchange.

I know very little about running a business but I cant get my head around how mentally inept you are. I'm sincerely hopingin the back of my head that you're not really this stupid you just need to find flaws with obamacare.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wouldn't an individual contractor be considered a small business for that subsidy on the employer side of the equation as well? Maybe not, I never dealt with 1099's at all - but I'm curious since they're "self-employed in an employer of one" which technically would fall under the small business clause from my understanding, but it could easily be off.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
A fuckton. Do some research.
First, it's impossible to know what the average rate of increase, or decrease or any crease in the financial side of things are going to be until 1-2 years from now because that's how you collect data. You can't decry something is a "fuckton" because you read a story on the internet that someone's premium went up 500% because they went from a low end plan to a high end plan.

Maths.