Health Care Thread

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Care to make a wager on that? We can find someone to escrow the funds until we find out the final results. I'd match anything on it being below 50% - I like free money.
From the 2010 Federal Register

EmployerPlanCancellationsEstimates2011to2013.png

I would feel bad taking your money Vaclav.

These are not the predictions of yours truly: an Obama-disliking, Obamacare hating Libertarian, but the people running Obamacare.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You do realize that's not going from "Old Policies to No Coverage" like your statement was implying, right?

That's saying dropping "Grandfathered Plans" - could be going to no coverage or going to the new Metallic Tier plan stuff. Which looks to have already happened to be frank, most policies are getting moved over into them. That's not the same as employers dropping all coverage like you stated.

In fact, actually double checking the wording on the question - I don't even think IF they have an estimate of places that are dropping insurance that would even count them - it's "policies losing their grandfathered status" which implies the policy is still being continued. You marred the context completely.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You do realize that's not going from "Old Policies to No Coverage" like your statement was implying, right?.
Most of the people who get dropped will end up with no coverage and yes employers are dropping coverage once the employer mandate hits. They have no choice.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You do realize that's not going from "Old Policies to No Coverage" like your statement was implying, right?

That's saying dropping "Grandfathered Plans" - could be going to no coverage or going to the new Metallic Tier plan stuff. Which looks to have already happened to be frank, most policies are getting moved over into them. That's not the same as employers dropping all coverage like you stated.

In fact, actually double checking the wording on the question - I don't even think IF they have an estimate of places that are dropping insurance that would even count them - it's "policies losing their grandfathered status" which implies the policy is still being continued. You marred the context completely.
Lol you used the word "realize" when refering to tad10. You are funny
smile.png

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tad you might have better reception if you don't hyper bowl. I'm not going to bother arguing with you I just want you to take memory of all the dumb shit you're taking to bank and ke me know how it panned out

Numbers_sl

shitlord
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9AM0C020131123

Caught flat-footed by the challenges of building the financial-management and accounting parts of the U.S. government's new online marketplace for health insurance, officials rushed to hire a familiar contractor without seeking competing bids, according to government procurement documents reviewed by Reuters.

The documents dated in August - less than two months before the opening of online marketplaces established by President Barack Obama's landmark healthcare law - showed the agency in charge had only "recently learned" that building the financial management functions was "beyond (its) currently available resources."

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) documents shed more light on the problems facing the agency as it worked on the marketplaces established by the law commonly called Obamacare and on its revelation this week that at least 30 percent of the marketplace is still being built.

Those problems and others have been revealed by congressional oversight investigators who released emails and outside reports that paint an administration scrambling to meet the technological challenges of the marketplace - and usually failing to do so.

Picasso3

The government clearly at fault because a private sector consultant undertook a one of a kind job it wasn't staffed to handle.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Tad you might have better reception if you don't hyper bowl. I'm not going to bother arguing with you I just want you to take memory of all the dumb shit you're taking to bank and ke me know how it panned out
So you are saying that people aren't going to lose insurance when the employer mandate hits?

Is that because you think the millions who have lost reasonably priced insurance under the individual mandate and are unable to pay 5x their previous rate to purchase Obamacare insurance aren't trying hard enough? That they should have given up video games, going out to dinner (except for McDonald's dollar menu) and buying new clothes so they can afford the outrageous cost of Ocare insurance?

Or are you saying this because you think "it is for the best" that these millions upon millions of people lose their insurance so the left can try to foist single-payer national health insurance and death panels on the nation?

Does the phrase "you are a fucking liberal tool" mean anything to you?

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Don't people get kicked off their insurance every year when they have yearly contracts that can be "changed" after their expiry?

Picasso3

1. Because typically employers don't buy the cut rate or outright scam plans that people are exposed to
2. Even if they do get cancelled due to grandfathered status do you think the firms will stop offering insurance? Will there be some lack of competition when 50+ person firms start looking at standardized plans in one central location that easily pay out 25k/mo in premiums?
3. Do you think small businesses will forego the 40% or so premium tax credit awarded 2014 and 2015? Will that not perhaps even create some additional business?
4. Do you think the small businesses that will be able to negotiate as a large collective on the SHOP program will not be able to find as competitive rates?
5. Do you think the employer having to pay a fine for not offering health insurance, or having an employee go through the exchange will make them look into providing it?

5. The only thing you understand are typical lies, misinformation, and other outright fanatical horseshit everyone spews that loves to hate this program without reading anything about it. Employers with over 50 employees will have to pay a $2000/FTE penalty for every FTE (30+ hr) over 30 starting 2014. If they already offer insurance, no one cares because ACA WANTS EVERYONE TO HAVE/PAY INTO insurance. There is a legitimate concern that every employer on earth will cut everyone to part time to avoid the thresholds of 10, 25, and mainly 50 FTE.
I know you can never agree or concede any of this but still i try.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
Boehner Fails to Fail on Obamacare

JOSH MARSHALL - NOVEMBER 23, 2013, 4:00 PM EST3032
Late last week Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) made a big show of trying but failing to sign up for Obamacare because of the notoriously buggy website. (Actually he appears to have been using the DC exchange site.) He even did a special tweet noting his hopeless situation. Not terribly surprising given the frustrating experiences so many have had.

Actually, it turns out he had successfully enrolled and got a call confirming that about an hour after his tweet. But it gets better.

According to Scott MacFarlane, a reporter for the local NBC affiliate in Washington, reports that a DC Health Care exchange representative actually tried to contact Boehner by phone during the enrollment process but was put on hold for 35 minutes, after which time the representative finally hung up.

John Boehner basically tried to avoid to talking to people whom he contacted in the first place to get enrolled into a health care plan in order to attempt to make the ACA look like a failure. He failed at failing.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
The government clearly at fault because a private sector consultant undertook a one of a kind job it wasn't staffed to handle.
It's not private when the government is in charge that's the whole point is they can't fail because the taxpayers pay for everything. The same company that was contracted to build healthcare.gov had a contract with New York at one point, they quoted the job at 65 million but it cost 700 million in the end. It's totally false to call that a private sector arrangement when the government is the employer it changes everything to have the ability to tax more to cover waste and losses.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It's not private when the government is in charge that's the whole point is they can't fail because the taxpayers pay for everything. It's totally false to call that a private sector arrangement when the government is the employer
Let's get this straight, if the government hires someone to do a job and the people hired to do the job fails, its the governments fault?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Especially when that company had a known horrible track record, like overshooting their budgets by 1,000%, yes.

But that isn't even what I was saying, I was saying when you have a government employer it changes the dynamics of the relationship, it no longer obeys the same rules when your employer can just tax and spend more to cover up fuckups instead of being forced to work within a budget.

It's so false to call that the "private sector"