Health Problems

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
are you getting the full fledged port (like next to your collar bone), or just a PICC line (usually in the arm)?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
So had my rectal ultrasound, that went ok I suppose. Doctor says I'm stage 3, not so good. I go in next week, surgery for my port for chemo. Everything just seems like a giant pile of suck ass.
Man, stage 3 colorectal cancer at 33 years old? I'm fucking really sorry bro.. What were your symptoms?

Seriously, fuck Cancer.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Welcome to the club Jx3. Wish you all the best. Go get yourself a damn good steak and live it up the next few days/weeks until you start treatment.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got an official diagnoses today. Too tired to get into it, not great but could be worse. I'll post later. At least I got to eat at my favorite restaurant on the way back from NO tonight. 4 hours sleep the last two days.

Borzak

So had my rectal ultrasound, that went ok I suppose. Doctor says I'm stage 3, not so good. I go in next week, surgery for my port for chemo. Everything just seems like a giant pile of suck ass.
Damn that sucks, sorry bud.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Glucose was 72 2hrs after eating tonight

Been working out a lot along with new meds and eating right. Damn what a difference

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Man, stage 3 colorectal cancer at 33 years old? I'm fucking really sorry bro.. What were your symptoms?

Seriously, fuck Cancer.
Blood in my poops, having to shit randomly, never feeling like i was ever done shitting. I would go, do what i needed to do and yet still feel like i had to go.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that is not so good. Only two things would have been worse. Stage 4 or flat out being dead.

It doesn't have to be a death sentence, but at best it is not good.

Fuck cancer, kiss your girl.

Borzak

Been working out a lot along with new meds and eating right. Damn what a difference
Nice, keep it closer to that and you'll probably feel much better. Much lower than that in short periods and you'll have to eat/drink something (start small) to bring it up a little.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Feel free to pm if you get in a pinch and need a ride or some random bullshit picked up or something, I'm rarely over 10 min from camc and you've got my feels.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

Humm...your meds might be working too effectively. I would definitely keep an eye on your sugar, probably more often than what you are currently doing. The last thing you need to do is collapse from hypoglycemia.

Borzak

Smarties, pure sugar. Dooesn't melt, small, take it anywhere, and you take just the amount you need and just leave it in your mouth. Sugar absorbtion starts in the mouth.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Humm...your meds might be working too effectively. I would definitely keep an eye on your sugar, probably more often than what you are currently doing. The last thing you need to do is collapse from hypoglycemia.
I always have some sweets with my just in case, and I can feel it anyways. Do people just randomly drop from hypoglycemia? I can feel low blood sugar coming ffrom a mile away.

It was 120 after fasting which is much better.

Since it's the first week on the new meds I don't know if it will stabilize upwards a bit or remain to be low. I'm monitoring the blood sugar a lot closer now anyways. Since I'm actually active and eating right and not ingesting many carbs I don't want to go too low.

Doctor prescribed this when I was basically at my worst - 250 and not eating good or doing exercise.