Health Problems

iannis

Musty Nester
Probably worth it.

Edit unless it was fast food. I doubt taco bell gives a shit. Probably laugh at you. In Spanish. So it would be like jajajaja

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Lately I've realised my right hand is often really cold and my left hand is warm and my feet are often pretty cold too (I'll have the heat on them when driving and my wife will complain it's too hot).

I'm thinking it's circulation issues, anyone have any experience of whether it's a big deal and i should see someone / do something?

iannis

Musty Nester
How's your blood pressure? Check that, check your 'beetus status.

You can get little blood pressure monitors at most any pharmacy as well as blood sugar kits. It's not that expensive.

It does sound circulatory indeed. Worth a visit to a Gp. Because if it is pressure there are some things that can be done. Diet, exercise, pillz.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
So i dropped off the face of the planet for awhile. Just got out of the hospital, got a colostomy (permanent). Keep being told how rare it is for a 33 year old to have rectal cancer. I feel so special.
6-8 weeks I go back for more chemo, this time they'll use the port. Everything is bleh.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Glad to hear you're chugging along. My father in law just got through chemo and I've never seen anyone so giddy so you probably have a refreshed optimistic perspective to look forward to!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So i dropped off the face of the planet for awhile. Just got out of the hospital, got a colostomy (permanent). Keep being told how rare it is for a 33 year old to have rectal cancer. I feel so special.
6-8 weeks I go back for more chemo, this time they'll use the port. Everything is bleh.
Yeah that last chemo is going to be the roughest from my experience but leaving the hospital knowing that is potentially your last one feels amazing.

Vinen

God is dead
Glad to hear you're chugging along. My father in law just got through chemo and I've never seen anyone so giddy so you probably have a refreshed optimistic perspective to look forward to!

Father in law went through 2 rounds of Chemo, a round of Radiation and then had a lung removed. His outlook on life is so different now.

He has been clean a year now.

//Stage 3 Lung Cancer at detection. Never smoked a day in his life. Left China during their rapid industrial growth.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
So I guess I'll be taking another day off from work just to go talk to ostomony nurses. Can't go a single day without a leak. Im supposed to be able to go 3 days before I have to change the whole thing, I can't even get a day. Sucks being fat and stupid with cancer.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Weird. They have different types of ostomy bags and they should not be leaking at all. Are you using the convex bags?

Jx3

Riddle me this...
No, it's something I'm going to talk to the nurses about. I joined a support group which has been helping a lot. As with most 'Murican dudes I never thought having someone to talk to would ever be useful but between this board and the support group it has eased a lot of fears.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Stomach flu stomping it's way through my family. Son got it first, few days later daughter.

Last night I wake up in the middle of the night and feel like I'm going to puke and or shit. Pop out of bed and rush to the bathroom. Seconds later I'm feeling warm and fuzzy. Vision tunnling. Wake up on the floor with my wife shaking me and ready to call 911 since I had collapsed in the bathroom.

Took me a second to tell her I was okay... Passed out. Aside from the bump on my head and my neck feeling sore, I felt nice and comfy on the floor. Cool... No longer feeling nausea. I did however still feel like I was going to shit myself.

I've had the runs since then, but that's it. Should I be concerned about collapsing? Am a passing away?

Note: when I get stick I get mega anxiety. This collapse reminded me of when I was younger and I'd work myself up about getting blood tests or vaccines. I passed out a couple times getting blood work done when I was younger and it felt the same.

iannis

Musty Nester
It really does help.

I'm sorry you got bagged, it sucks. The chemo is going to suck too. No words to describe how bad that's gonna suck.

But the alternative really is dead. So in the game of would you rather, you picked correctly.

iannis

Musty Nester
Stomach flu stomping it's way through my family. Son got it first, few days later daughter.

Last night I wake up in the middle of the night and feel like I'm going to puke and or shit. Pop out of bed and rush to the bathroom. Seconds later I'm feeling warm and fuzzy. Vision tunnling. Wake up on the floor with my wife shaking me and ready to call 911 since I had collapsed in the bathroom.

Took me a second to tell her I was okay... Passed out. Aside from the bump on my head and my neck feeling sore, I felt nice and comfy on the floor. Cool... No longer feeling nausea. I did however still feel like I was going to shit myself.

I've had the runs since then, but that's it. Should I be concerned about collapsing? Am a passing away?

Note: when I get stick I get mega anxiety. This collapse reminded me of when I was younger and I'd work myself up about getting blood tests or vaccines. I passed out a couple times getting blood work done when I was younger and it felt the same.

Well, you're probably not dying. But that's a pretty extreme sort of thing to happen because of a stomach virus. If you've had the runs for a few days you may be and probably are dehydrated.

Fuck dude, you live in canadaland. Go get sum uv dat free helthkare.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Lately I've realised my right hand is often really cold and my left hand is warm and my feet are often pretty cold too (I'll have the heat on them when driving and my wife will complain it's too hot).

I'm thinking it's circulation issues, anyone have any experience of whether it's a big deal and i should see someone / do something?
What do you do for a living ? Is the skin noticeably whiter/darker than the rest of your hand ? Could be Raynaud syndrome, if you are smoker you should definitely quit.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
What do you do for a living ? Is the skin noticeably whiter/darker than the rest of your hand ? Could be Raynaud syndrome, if you are smoker you should definitely quit.
I'm a teacher (6 - 12 year olds). I saw a pharmacist as an appointment with a doctor here takes about two weeks and she seemed to think it would pass. I'm taking my blood pressure every other day and it's steady but slightly low - 117/58.

Someone online linked it to using a mouse too much and it has coincided with me playing WoW again. Since I got bored and stopped playing a few days ago the problem seems to have got a lot better!