Health Problems

Goatface

Cortisone shot?

I've been working in warehouses my whole life, and every single guy I've ever talked to says "I regret getting the shot, don't get one."
depomedrol 80
the visit before i got a shot of it in the finger for trigger finger, he told me this will hurt a lot going in, but would go away in a few hours. it did both.
the next visit got the shot in my elbow, he said this will hurt a lot of the next few days. while driving home had to get ice to put on it as it was hurting so bad. day 2 it was still hurting. day 3 had to go to er with kidney stones and after iv pain meds it didn't hurt anymore.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Been getting some numbness and tingling in my right shin. I suspect this is complications from sitting at my desk for too long, but I've had a standing desk for at least a few years and I try to use it a couple hours a day. I've been upping that usage to half the day, doesn't seem to do anything.

Are there some stretches or activities I can do to target this? I was thinking there would be some pain that would go along with this, but nothing else really hurts that much.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Been getting some numbness and tingling in my right shin. I suspect this is complications from sitting at my desk for too long, but I've had a standing desk for at least a few years and I try to use it a couple hours a day. I've been upping that usage to half the day, doesn't seem to do anything.

Are there some stretches or activities I can do to target this? I was thinking there would be some pain that would go along with this, but nothing else really hurts that much.
Mild sciatica symptoms, probably. I'd try changing positions (it might actually be the standing, not the sitting, if your posture isn't perfect) and a little PT you can find by googling.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
follow up chest CT this morning for a 9mm nodule found in my lung in the aftermath of the abscess craziness.

"Stable 7 mm nodule right lower lobe"

Will get another CT in a year but almost certainly is not cancerous.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Mild sciatica symptoms, probably. I'd try changing positions (it might actually be the standing, not the sitting, if your posture isn't perfect) and a little PT you can find by googling.
Thanks for putting a name to it. I was confusing sciatica with scoliosis. It's much easier to google for treatments when you have the right conditions.

Standing might be the issue. I find myself leaning on the desk frequently with my forearm against the side or an elbow on the desk.

Getting too old to get lost in your work/video game it seems.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for putting a name to it. I was confusing sciatica with scoliosis. It's much easier to google for treatments when you have the right conditions.

Standing might be the issue. I find myself leaning on the desk frequently with my forearm against the side or an elbow on the desk.

Getting too old to get lost in your work/video game it seems.
Maybe try a desk treadmill. I hate just standing, but walking is no problem.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've considered it given the amount of standing I'm now forcing myself to do. Might as well walk my way to an extra dessert.

Got any recommendations?
I have an older Nordictrak with the desktop that's attached as part of treadmill structure. Takes up a bunch of room and not very easy to move around, but it's built like a tank, and the desktop has plenty of room. I have a second monitor that lives on the treadmill desk that's mirrored from my computer, and I just grab my wireless kb/mouse when I change to the treadmill. I checked into replacing mine recently because I thought the motor was dying, and most of the ones you see if you look up treadmill desks now are small/flat things that are just the tread and meant to slide under an existing desk and go fairly slow. Very few things seem available now that are comparable to the one I have. That's probably ok for most people, but I feel like I'd end up flipping my desk over at some point doing that lol.

If you just want to try it out, I think the under-desk units can be as cheap as a couple hundred, but I decided for how I use it, I'd rather replace the motor in mine than try to get one of the under-desk things and then a separate desk to go over it. Probably depends a lot on what your current set up is like and how flexible it is.

Not mine, but same model. Can get them on ebay and probably from used sports stores.
1719442297118.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I have an older Nordictrak with the desktop that's attached as part of treadmill structure. Takes up a bunch of room and not very easy to move around, but it's built like a tank, and the desktop has plenty of room. I have a second monitor that lives on the treadmill desk that's mirrored from my computer, and I just grab my wireless kb/mouse when I change to the treadmill. I checked into replacing mine recently because I thought the motor was dying, and most of the ones you see if you look up treadmill desks now are small/flat things that are just the tread and meant to slide under an existing desk and go fairly slow. Very few things seem available now that are comparable to the one I have. That's probably ok for most people, but I feel like I'd end up flipping my desk over at some point doing that lol.

If you just want to try it out, I think the under-desk units can be as cheap as a couple hundred, but I decided for how I use it, I'd rather replace the motor in mine than try to get one of the under-desk things and then a separate desk to go over it. Probably depends a lot on what your current set up is like and how flexible it is.

Not mine, but same model. Can get them on ebay and probably from used sports stores.
View attachment 534395
Got an Uplift C-Frame that's 80 inches wide. I'd perhaps find it difficult to be productive on one monitor unless it was a meeting I didn't have to pay attention to. Either way, thanks for the suggestion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There is a special place in hell for assholes who are exercising while on the phone for meetings.

Panting and gasping and mumbling.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users