Health Problems

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Someone just cut up a giant bag o onions.

All you can do is be supportive, tell her you love her. She sounds like a trooper. If you have a doc contact , see if they can get her some Ondansetron. I have a terrible fucked up back and when I get sick I don't even fight it. I just try to move as little as possible and let the shit get out , it cleans up.

I'll have your wife in my thoughts. Chin up buddy be her rock.

I really appreciate you. Our doc buddy did prescribe ondansetron. Keep on keeping on.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I really appreciate you. Our doc buddy did prescribe ondansetron. Keep on keeping on.

Do yourself a favor and lie/cheat/steal whatever you've gotta do to get that script refilled so you've got some around the house. Tablet, and dissolving form. It is an absolute wonder drug.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Do yourself a favor and lie/cheat/steal whatever you've gotta do to get that script refilled so you've got some around the house. Tablet, and dissolving form. It is an absolute wonder drug.
EXCEPT get a brain tumor. I cannot recommend that. LOL

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In the spirit of aiming for levity but missing the mark: You could always get an orchidectomy to show solidarity.

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
In the spirit of aiming for levity but missing the mark: You could always get an orchidectomy to show solidarity.

Thanks for the suggestion.

umm-no-kenan-thompson.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
indiamart is where "some ppl" got ivermectin in 2020

i recommend opening a separate bank account and depositing a few hundred and use that to pay with

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
indiamart is where "some ppl" got ivermectin in 2020

i recommend opening a separate bank account and depositing a few hundred and use that to pay with

You can use payment processors like Wise. Don't do direct bank transfers.

But yeah, when my stash is gone from all my various ulcer issues, probably will stock up from there. Totally worth it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
For those who care, all nausea is gone, and my wife has minimal pain. She's not taking painkillers (I wish she would). But she's up and about and in good spirits. I am so relieved.

• 10Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

KDow

Blackwing Lair Raider
Okay boys and girls. Today was the day. Remember my wife had a double mastectomy earlier this year? She had a full hysterectomy today. Ovaries too. she has a syndrome that makes that tissue 60% more likely than most people to develop cancer, and she already had several fibroids developing. So she is once again in bed, and this time the anesthesia is making her sick and barf and barf and barf. Just what she needs. Have surgery in your abdominal area, then spend time barfing. It's not a good combination.

Folks, this is the love of my life. I'm watching her in pain yet again. It fucking sucks. And not only that, she has been "joking" about how with no boobs and no uterus she's not really even a woman at all anymore. When she first woke up today she said, in her anesthesia haze, "oh, I was hoping I wouldn't wake up." We talked a little about this (as much as she is able), and she said she's such a drain on the family. This broke my heart. She is a rock. She is not a drain on the family. Our friends knew she was having surgery today, dinner showed up. And there was a menu included. Our friends are making dinner for us for the rest of this week and halfway through next. Was that necessary? Nope. But it is one thing less that we have to think about. And my wife is usually the one who is organizing things like that. I'm humbled by our friends' generosity.

But I am still watching my wife work through physical and psychological pain. And there's nothing I can do. I can help make her comfortable as much as possible. I can encourage her. But watching someone you love so desperately have to go through pain hurts so much.

If you're the type, say a prayer for my wife. She still has pain in her chest from the mastectomy, and now she has this.

Is she talking to anyone professionally since her mastectomy? If not, I think that would be a good idea. Also, there are facebook groups solely dedicated to women that have had a hysterectomy, mastectomy, or both a hysterectomy and mastectomy so there's a lot out there to be a part of.

My wife found the those groups very helpful, if for no other reason than to know she wasn't alone and all the things she was feeling emotionally and physically were normal. It was also a great resource for stuff like "Hey if you are having this thing, or can't get comfortable because of XYZ, I used this weird pillow or did this" and a lot of times it was good info.

I hope you are doing OK, and glad to see she isn't in much pain any longer.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity

Goatface

guess another one of my new to me medical test reports, hope no one needs this knowledge, but it might help as i went in not really knowing what was going on
NM parathyroid SPECT CT is a medical imaging technique that involves an injection of a small amount of radioactive liquid and imaging with a special camera to look at the function of your parathyroid. This is followed by injection of a liquid which makes the blood vessels clearly visible on a CT scan, which shows the location of your parathyroid

using a butterfly needle they inject me what looked like an ounce of red stuff, which had 25 mCi technetium and 99m sestamibi. could not feel the stuff in any way. i was expecting results like getting contrast. waited a few mins, got on table and they took images for 7 and 7 mins. then was able to leave and come back 2 hours later, where they took 2 more images for 7 and 7 mins. then they did a 3d image where the camera rotates around for like 15 mins. after that did like a standard ct image.

results
-found on 1.5 cm nodule on lower left, 0.8 cm nodule on lower right

go see the surgeon on the 23rd.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Is she talking to anyone professionally since her mastectomy? If not, I think that would be a good idea. Also, there are facebook groups solely dedicated to women that have had a hysterectomy, mastectomy, or both a hysterectomy and mastectomy so there's a lot out there to be a part of.

My wife found the those groups very helpful, if for no other reason than to know she wasn't alone and all the things she was feeling emotionally and physically were normal. It was also a great resource for stuff like "Hey if you are having this thing, or can't get comfortable because of XYZ, I used this weird pillow or did this" and a lot of times it was good info.

I hope you are doing OK, and glad to see she isn't in much pain any longer.

She is now. That has been the plan all along. Thanks for the sentiment, you're spot on, and she's getting help.

• 5Like