Health Problems

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Then he just needs to drink the hydrogen peroxide. Just press some garlic into it to help it go down smoother.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I only used it a couple times when it was open and bloody, now it's healing so I'm just using the neosporin. Feels good. Skins still a bit hard but I assume and hope that will go down after awhile.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Man, these last couple pages kind of freaked me out. I get what I'd call largish zits very infrequently but nothing of the size you guys are talking about. If one of those one day ballooned in size I'm not sure I would react thinking I needed to see a doctor (although a golf ball sized one is probably pretty extreme). The one post about making sure to pop it away from your anus was especially odd, as that's not a thought that's ever entered my mind, even though it makes sense, I guess.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
At least for me it's not every day you have 2 attractive nurses poking and prodding your asshole. Just severe irritation from the chemo drug. Gonna try cipro for a few days to stave off possible infection right now.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I go in for chemo cycle 5 of 6 on Monday. Pretty excited to almost be done. This cycle was the absolute worst of all of them so far.

My doctor said (most likely lying) that number 4 is the worst for everyone she has talked to and that 5 and 6 are easy. Not buying it but we shall see.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Having been on that drug I can confirm 4 sucked massively. 5 and 6 also sucked massively and if they were less or more it really didn't matter.

I also received a fantastic foot massage from the reflexologist. Felt like I had brand new feet when she was done.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I should also mention, I don't really want to take anything away from the dudes here with serious problems like cancer. I would hope people got some enjoyment out of my misfortune. When I say it was 10/10 pain levels, I'm sure it's a 1/10 for you bros. Keep up the good fight.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
It bubbles because it has catalase enzymes. There's a reason why you should only use it once or twice because it prevents epithelization and fresh granulation of the tissue. Isopropyl alcohol is a disinfectant.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Don't have a problem, but just reporting in case anyone else has chronic stomach problems - I have had varying degrees of stomach issues (reflux, gi pain, bloating, etc) for probably five years of almost daily worry after every meal to some degree - pursued a number of medications and never seemed to hit until now with what I got prescribed in the hospital.

The medication is Protonix, it's the goddamn bees-knees for stomach issues - for the first time in years, I feel like a human when it comes to eating. Even got my hunger reflex back after it being gone so long.

So seriously, if you have stomach problems of any sort that Protonix fits for, don't be afraid to nudge the doctor that way - if it works as well as it did for me, you will not be disappointed. [And I've even used the super expensive variants of Nexium and the such before - far cheaper and works a hundred times better!]

Disp_sl

shitlord
Everything I've read says it's essentially worthless as a disinfectant, but people think the bubbling is disinfecting the wound, which isn't what's happening.

Medscape: Medscape Access

In a clinical study evaluating the effectiveness of hydrogen peroxide on reducing the infection rate of appendectomy wounds, no toxic effects were found, but it was found to be ineffective.[81] Similarly, in another clinical study in human blister wounds contaminated with Staphylococcus aureus, hydrogen peroxide was found not to retard the healing but neither did it decrease bacterial load

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Vaclav, pantoprazole is one of our favorite drugs in the hospital because so many people have various forms of reflex / GERD. Glad to hear it's working out for you.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vaclav, pantoprazole is one of our favorite drugs in the hospital because so many people have various forms of reflex / GERD. Glad to hear it's working out for you.
Yea, it's fucking amazing - keep giving it out to anyone who talks about such problems. Supposedly even helps with ulcers from what Wiki says (not looked it up in PDR yet).

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So, my health problems are still fun. I have Multiple Sclerosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and a blood disorder called Factor Five Leiden (the opposite of Hemophilia... I clot easily).
I found out yesterday that no life insurance company will touch me with a 10 foot pole. That's really fucked up. None of my issues lower your life expectancy rate. Insurance is bullshit.