Hearthstone

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Love it when you're crushing so hard your opponent concedes because they have no hope, you know you're in trouble when a warlock is able to hang on to coin til turn 10 for Jaraxxus/Inferno.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So here's a question, in standard will discover be limited to discovering standard cards or can anything be discovered?

*edit*

nm, standard only according to the faq.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
and now i just lost a game on turn 5 to a priest who went divine spirit x2 + inner fire on a deathlord. where do these retarded scrubs come from?

*edit*

or lose a goddamn 1 in 5 on a fucking faggot avenge after the fucking faggot secret paladin won his fucking faggot 1 in 5 to get coghammer on the fucking faggot challenger in the first place.
Priest daily, vs secret paladin. Get a great start with deathlord and fully healed blademaster. He equalities and musters and gets Tiron, followed by MC turn 6, Dr. Boom turn 7. I somehow don't die and clear the board but have to drop a second deathlord to eat Ashbringer hits. It summons Ragnaros and I die from the 8 damage. The next couple of games went about the same but secret paladin doesn't even run Ragnaros. Salty.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got fucking wrekt by a reno hunter of all things yesterday. It spiraled out of control after he deadly shot my 4/9 twilight drake. I was like who the fuck runs deadly shot? Turns out it was a reno hunter. Reno decks so good when you draw all the right answers.

Conversely I've been running into a lot of elise decks and I'm trying to figure out why, I mean I guess for fun, sure, but I've never seen golden monkey win a game.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I got fucking wrekt by a reno hunter of all things yesterday. It spiraled out of control after he deadly shot my 4/9 twilight drake. I was like who the fuck runs deadly shot? Turns out it was a reno hunter. Reno decks so good when you draw all the right answers.

Conversely I've been running into a lot of elise decks and I'm trying to figure out why, I mean I guess for fun, sure, but I've never seen golden monkey win a game.
Elise has been common in some control decks for a while. In fact I copied a Priest deck from Kibler that focused on Elise. This was like over a month ago he played it. It works pretty well tbh. Yesterday Kolento was grinding out Priest with Elise and won about 10 ranked games in a row at Rank 2 (so many wins and couldn't get rank 1). I modified the Kibler version to be what Kolento was running. Works even better.

During Kolento's streak he got the Golden monkey like over 50% of the time. He ran into a lot of grinder mages that went to fatique.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Priest daily, vs secret paladin. Get a great start with deathlord and fully healed blademaster. He equalities and musters and gets Tiron, followed by MC turn 6, Dr. Boom turn 7. I somehow don't die and clear the board but have to drop a second deathlord to eat Ashbringer hits. It summons Ragnaros and I die from the 8 damage. The next couple of games went about the same but secret paladin doesn't even run Ragnaros. Salty.
Is this common now? I wouldn't expect secret pally to run rag nor equality.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ostkaka hit rank 1 with Ragnaros back in mid December. It was common for a week or two but never caught on, though you will see people running it from time to time.

As for equality, secret paladin is mostly played by scrubs. Scrubs tend to make retarded changes to their deck because they think they're clever, like equality or murloc knight. So yeah you'll see all sorts of retarded bullshit teched in to secret paladin, and sometimes the sheer randomness of that bullshit will cost you the game.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Been playing for about a month and I am really digging it. Hit rank 15 today, which I am not sure if I should be proud of that or not. Considering my limited cards and short amount of time played, I think I should be pleased, but you guys might think I am just a scrub. Playing a Zoo Lock because of card limitations and it is not even a true Zoo Deck because I only have 29 of the cards needed, so I subbed in a Healing 3/3 Mech that costs 5 mana and heals me for 8, that with Brand Bronzebeard has turned a few games in my favor.

I am excited for standard because I think it will allow a newbie like me to be more competitive.

Lastly, I need more friends so I can knock out that daily. Please add me... OblioVegas#1601

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, for someone so new to the game (and presumably new to CCGs in general) rank 15 is plenty respectable.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Well Rank 15 did not last long, lost two straight and saw cards I never knew existed. lol good times!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6RthNKm.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Uh, Keeper is a powerful but fair class card. If they nerf Keeper without nerfing Ironbeak, they're bigger retards than I gave them credit for.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't imagine they don't nerf Ironbeak. They've said in the past that unrestricted silences are bad and they didn't want to make any more. If they want to remove old ones, now's the time to do it. Keeper and Lore are basically required in any non-aggro-weird-druid-shit so I can see why they might target them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lore isn't required so much as it's crazy overpowered and you'd be retarded not to run it. It's like the Dr Boom of 7 drops. 7 mana for a 5/5 and draw 2 cards, OR a heal if you need it? blows War out of the water. If you changed it to like draw 1 or heal 8, I'd probably still run 2 in every druid deck. My real concern is that they're going to nerf it to unplayable like they do with most of their nerfs. I think Keeper is fine as is, even if Ironbeak gets nerfed somehow.

Silence is still valuable enough that if they make Ironbeak unplayable, I bet some decks will just stick Spellbreaker in.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What am I missing about Leper Gnome? Seems like an odd nerf target. Juggler and Lore have been on people's lists, but yeah I don't get Keeper either. Its fine as a class card.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyway, those could be just bullshit stuff they've talked about but won't really nerf. The bigger news is the ramped up expansion schedule. Makes perfect sense to me in allowing a bigger card pool for standard, but the flip side is the money grab aspect.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Probably just cause Leper is the go-to 1 drops for face aggro, and there's not much way to play around the face damage. Abusive is better if you have board presence because it's more versatile. Wonder what something simple like making the gnome 1/2 with the same effect would have.