Hearthstone

The Master

Bronze Squire
So I am just getting into Hearthstone. What are the best websites for reading up on arena strategy, meta game, etc.? Basically I am looking for something similar to StarCityGames.com
Liquidhearth.com has a get started guide that explains how to get the ~1,000 free gold you get for unlocking all the classes, beating the AI, etc. Watching arena streamers will help a lot with arena, as will the various ranking lists for cards. When drafting arena you want to pay attention to card quality, curve, and draw. Getting good at arena is the best way to build your collection, because you get a pack with every run and if you get to 7 wins you make gold on the whole thing.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Yeah I am fairly experienced with MTG so my issue is just figuring out things like pick order, draft archetypes, etc.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Arena's a great way to learn and all, but damn if the competition isn't stiff on the weekends. Played 4 so far today and highest I got was 7 wins. Everything else was 3 or less.

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Arena's a great way to learn and all, but damn if the competition isn't stiff on the weekends. Played 4 so far today and highest I got was 7 wins. Everything else was 3 or less.
I've found that 6pm-11pm (CST) M-Th is the best time to play arenas. I've been sitting on 5-0 Rogue since Friday afternoon and won't pick it back up until Monday.

Also, the weekends are for D3!
biggrin.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
At first when I heard golden epic I was like YAHOO 400 dust! then I saw it was something I actually needed a second of and I had mixed feelings. Now I can play that gay as hell frost mage list to it's full annoying potential though!

rrr_img_68678.jpg

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
My mtg background is actually causing me more problems than anything else. I'm so used to only having one attack phase that I do all my spell and board clear then attack. In this game is completely different. I'm retraining the way I play and getting better by the day. Still getting tired of seeing cards I don't have though. Not used to playing without full access.

Column_sl

shitlord
Frenzic until you have more cards, one tip is some dailies can be done on the computer opponent.

You should be able to get a pack a day

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The 'break-even' line in Arena 3 wins. I have been saving gold for Naxx and have been away from Arena but iirc, you get your entire Arena investment back at 3 wins. Everything above that is profit.

I do agree with reading a few articles, watching a few arena runs on youtube, and then doing some Arena runs as the best way to get into the game. Don't try to compete on the ladder right away because you just can't. Your best Legendaries are (debatable and in no real order) Ragnaros, Bloodmage Thalnos, Ysera, Leeroy jenkins, Grommash Hellscream, Tirion Fordring, Cenarius, Al' Akir, Harrison Jones, Nat Pagle, Sylvanas, Cairne Bloodhoof, The Black Knight, and I like Malygos. (I'm sure I forgot one.)

Play often and have fun, that's the most important part.

The Master

Bronze Squire
The 'break-even' line in Arena 3 wins. I have been saving gold for Naxx and have been away from Arena but iirc, you get your entire Arena investment back at 3 wins. Everything above that is profit.

I do agree with reading a few articles, watching a few arena runs on youtube, and then doing some Arena runs as the best way to get into the game. Don't try to compete on the ladder right away because you just can't. Your best Legendaries are (debatable and in no real order) Ragnaros, Bloodmage Thalnos, Ysera, Leeroy jenkins, Grommash Hellscream, Tirion Fordring, Cenarius, Al' Akir, Harrison Jones, Nat Pagle, Sylvanas, Cairne Bloodhoof, The Black Knight, and I like Malygos. (I'm sure I forgot one.)

Play often and have fun, that's the most important part.
You need 7 wins to get 150+gold. Unless you count the card pack as 100g, which isn't quite fair in terms of being able to keep paying for arena.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
You need 7 wins to get 150+gold. Unless you count the card pack as 100g, which isn't quite fair in terms of being able to keep paying for arena.
7 wins you're basically getting a free pack, that's way more than breaking even. With 3 wins you get a pack and ~50 gold, which means you did in fact break even with your arena fee

The Master

Bronze Squire
7 wins you're basically getting a free pack, that's way more than breaking even. With 3 wins you get a pack and ~50 gold, which means you did in fact break even with your arena fee
Not really, considering the point is to be able to do more arenas, not get a free pack. Every 100g can be a pack, but getting a pack is not the same as getting 100g.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thank you guys for all the advice. I'm getting better and trying to figure out which class I'm best with. If anyone wants to practice hit me up. Name Frenzic.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Yeah, thanks for the advice. It has helped, though it'd be nice to get some of the Legendaries. I've lost a bunch of games to things like Baron Geddon into Ragnaros, or a game where I had everything under control and he plays Deathwing. Would be nice to get one of those
frown.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think I've lost to it with shaman, I also run harrison though and he usually rains on people's parades. I did run into a murloc hunter of all things though and they ran coldlight oracle to help with the card draw until they could buzzard/uth, hopefully that cancer deck doesn't catch on.