"Summon a" cards don't have the text bolded and usually tells you stats:

Hearthstone Cards

Seems inconsistent.

Jade Golem might be a new mechanic of sorts

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rofl, just had a game against an "n'zoth priest" w/ n'zoth shaman. He played his n'zoth around turn 15 and returned nothing to the board. He then later entombs my n'zoth and plays it with only 8 cards remaining in his deck only to have it return nothing to the board again! and he even entombed my cairne.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You sure he didn't thoughtsteal the first N'Zoth or something? Seems odd he was running it with no deathrattles, or could have gotten fifteen turns without a single one dying.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if you play that druid card at 10 mana if you can draw a card like wild growth. that stuff is inconsistent

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hmmm....it is possible I missed it, but I don't believe the first one was thought stolen. I do remember him using a thoughtsteal, but I seem to remember him using other thought stolen cards, one for sure I remember was a doa. I think it was just a greedy list with few deathrattles/n'zoth. He seemed surprised by his emote both times nothing came back.

(I always wished you could see what minions would come back with n'zoth just in case you hadn't been keeping track or in cases where you have more than 6 deathrattle minions, which 6 would come back.)

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if jade golem is going to be a minion with that mechanic of play a minion to the right = taunt, left= charge. maybe it's a 1/1 but with ability immunity.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmmm....it is possible I missed it, but I don't believe the first one was thought stolen. I do remember him using a thoughtsteal, but I seem to remember him using other thought stolen cards, one for sure I remember was a doa. I think it was just a greedy list with few deathrattles/n'zoth. He seemed surprised by his emote both times nothing came back.

(I always wished you could see what minions would come back with n'zoth just in case you hadn't been keeping track or in cases where you have more than 6 deathrattle minions, which 6 would come back.)

My understanding is its random anyway, so you can't plan out how/what to bring back.

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder if you play that druid card at 10 mana if you can draw a card like wild growth. that stuff is inconsistent

Probably not because I was sure that Darnassus Aspirant would work that way and it doesn't, for no apparent reason except that Blizz didn't want it to...

This is a spell though, so who knows. It "should" but the wording is exactly the same on all three so who the fuck knows.

EDIT: Apparently their reasoning was that they wanted WG to still be able to "do something" if played on turn 10, and since Aspirant gives you a body they didn't let it summon the excess mana card. So I'd assume this won't work either since you get the Golem.

This still makes no fucking sense to me though, they designed this mechanic and then arbitrarily change it so the card isn't as powerful. Aspirant is barely played and tends to be pretty shit in the late game anyway, I don't think it would be too broken to allow the card draw.

Conversely, how about taking it away from WG, why does it "need" to be useful on turn ten? The card is pretty damn strong in the opener, that should be the drawback for running it...you risk drawing it late.

Honestly though, any card with the mechanic should allow excess mana IMO. Draw power isn't exactly druid's strong suit since they nerfed the classic set, although current archetypes make up for it by generating cards in other ways.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Matchmaking in this game can suck my dick. Playing a guy (which was an awful matchup for me), losing, and then getting paired against him again in Heroic Tavern Brawl is the fucking worst. Grats 5-0 turning into 5-2 by playing the same fucking guy twice. So dumb, Blizzard pls

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
and then lose a third in a row to a freeze mage who had the nuts with all the burn discounted with the +2 spell damage guy on turn 10, after I already burned through 2 ice barrier and 1 ice block. Fuck my life

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
That really is BS - if their MMR works, then he'll go up and you'll go down. Aside from that - how easy would it be to add a "don't match same person twice" line in the code?

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Matchmaking in this game can suck my dick. Playing a guy (which was an awful matchup for me), losing, and then getting paired against him again in Heroic Tavern Brawl is the fucking worst. Grats 5-0 turning into 5-2 by playing the same fucking guy twice. So dumb, Blizzard pls

Playing heroic brawl at 2 AM on the last day probably limits your pool of opponents. Just sayin.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Started playing this again yesterday. Will be grabbing Karazahn I guess!

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HfGQdgd.png

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Might be a good card, hard to say. Coins will allow any deck to ramp a turn. Decent for combo decks that need a couple extra mana to squeeze out max dps... 4/6 stat line is nice as well and almost requires at least 1 spell cast

• 1Like

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, its the oft requested priest two drop. Not sure how impactful it will be though.

hhsFLo5.png

hhsFLo5.png

• 1Like