Hearthstone

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Welcome to arenas son. I'm 7 tries with paladin and have seen 0 truesilvers still. Just gotta learn to make it work without some of the key cards.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What's Arena like? Is it the equivalent of drafting? I always favored sealed/drafts in MTG for the above reasons.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I've found in arena gimmick class cards are good to have, but never rely on finding them.

My top arena picks are always the 4 ATK mid-rangers

(3) Spellbreaker (4/3)
(4) Ogre Magi (4/4)
(4) Tundra Yeti
(5) Azure Drake (4/4)

They dodge ALL of priest's removal (which is super key) and usually trade 2 for 1 and have a great ETB effect (or have spellpower.)

From there it is utility cards and card draw / mass removal if available.
I usually always will pick enragers if I am mage, the Imp Master (1/5 that summons a 1/1 each turn) if I am a priest or shaman. Fairy Dragon is a must - draft all of them that you get. They dodge all targeted removal so they rank up there with the 4ATK powerhouses.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Part of the fun of arena is finding shit that you may not have thought of before and making it work. Like the bluegill warrior, 2/1 charger for 2, combined with the warlock spell power overwhelming becomes 6 removal for only 3 mana. The bluegill isn't going to make it past 1 turn anyway so the blowing up at the end doesn't matter. And another draft with pally, it was a shitty pick so I wound up with a magma rager, the 5/1 for 3; turns out in a pally deck if you can give it divine shield or have repentance up its not a bad card.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
When it's new to you it's pretty neat, but as you get more experienced and see the aforementioned cheesy decks back to back, arena becomes the most enjoyable way to play (imo).

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm just the opposite, I was all about arena, but now that I can tell roughly how many wins I'll get with a deck just from the draft I am starting to become more interested in constructed. I still enjoy arena, but I do enjoy fine tuning decks in constructed. Good to get a mix though, in constructed I find things that I may think would work well do not and in arena I may find things I hadn't tried before.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Went 9-2 with a mage deck with zero polymorphs but 3 yetis, 1 spellbreaker, 2 ogre magis, 2 azure drakes, 2 cone of colds, 2 blizzards, 1 flamestrike and 4 frost bolts. Didn't lose any till I was on my 9th game. Solid!

Caliane

yeah. alternatively. I think I am done. I just don't feel the compulsion to play more. got to catch them all for cards? not really.
Finishing up work for today and considering playing and, coming to the conclusion, that I not only don't want to play, but really would be totally fine never logging in again.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The blizzcon invitational should be pretty good once it's past the first round. Judging by the decks, my picks go like this:

Day[9]
Reckful...................Reckful

..............................................Krip p
Hafu
Kripparrian ..............Kripp
.................................................. ..................Trump

Trump.....................Trump
Husky

..............................................Trum p
Noxious...................Noxious
Artosis

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah. alternatively. I think I am done. I just don't feel the compulsion to play more. got to catch them all for cards? not really.
Finishing up work for today and considering playing and, coming to the conclusion, that I not only don't want to play, but really would be totally fine never logging in again.
Yeah, a game with no in game community can do that to you. Unfortunately Hearthstone has the same problem as some other blizzard games like sc2 and d3 in that you need to actively go out and find one.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Everyone plays a small handful of cheesy decks.
I have to agree with this. In play mode, if you face a hunter, you're either facing a new player or a version of the 1 turn kill deck. I just instant concede if I'm matched against a hunter in play mode. Not because the unleash the beast combo is unbeatable, but because I'm just tired of playing around it. When there's no penalty for losses, it's just not worth my time to play a boring match. Easier to requeue and hope for something less expected.

Magic didn't have that problem. If you faced a player playing white, it could be like 40+ different deck types. I suppose hearthstone may reach that stage eventually, many expansions down the road. For now though, it needs a deeper card pool.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Feel free to give me your beta if you hate it so much.
biggrin.png

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Pretty much I feel the same way already after just a week of playing it.

Played over two weeks and loving it. Haven't even touched constructed yet. For something that people yap about being shallow and simplistic I find myself making mistakes often or at least not being sure what is the optimal play. Ofc I only average 7 wins per arena so maybe I just suck.

I've been wanting something like this for a long time. Played mtg a bit over a decade ago and it left an itch but MTGO is just terrible and too expensive to get into. Now I just hope Blizzard doesn't drop the ball and keeps working on this. Tournaments implemented by the client would be awesome.

Column_sl

shitlord
I unfortunately poopsocked this game, so pretty burned out.
Think I'm close to two months playing through both betas.

I still play everyday, but not as much as before. I think getting into a beta is probly the worst thing you can do to yourself as a gamer =/