Helldivers II

Cybsled

All they really need to do is make the stuff mission contextual in terms of use - make some stuff good for bots, bugs, etc

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I have about 90 minutes played. I was about to start another game, then I realized "I really haven't had any fun playing this". So I just smashed that refund button and watched Band of Brothers instead.
I probably would have refunded it too but I left it on too long. I do feel like there’s a good base game there, and I look forward to what they do with it. I think once it’s fleshed out it could be great. As it stands - I’m with you. Didn’t find the missions particularly fun and it seemed really grindy.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I have about 90 minutes played. I was about to start another game, then I realized "I really haven't had any fun playing this". So I just smashed that refund button and watched Band of Brothers instead.
1711477329159.png

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can't load the games forums on steam, and ditto for launching game, says out of sync and wont connect to game server.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Steam maintenance, every Tuesday at the same time.

This is the only game I have played that shits the bed every time Steam performs maintenance.

I heard people were still having crash issues yesterday. With the ongoing issues they're having, so much buggy shit, shit that needs tuning, and being out of content, my crew has been slowing down.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is the only game I have played that shits the bed every time Steam performs maintenance.

I heard people were still having crash issues yesterday. With the ongoing issues they're having, so much buggy shit, shit that needs tuning, and being out of content, my crew has been slowing down.

Content is not the issue for me, I like to get online and kill things with friends it's a really good time that reminds me of how gaming used to be. It's the amount of bugs and issues that occur when I try to play. Steam maintenance affects other games as well if there is a cloud sync issue, I wasn't able to play the racing game I play during the steam maintenance window, but if that wasn't the case it would work fine.

I just want to fight something other than bugs and the Automatons are so overtuned that it's just not fun. Especially when the maps are completely open with no cover. They will just engage you from miles away and it never stops. Follow that up with being forced to run specific loadouts to "win" against them and I hate it. If you go an try to discuss it on their discord you're shouted down about how wrong you are. Why have all these loadouts and options if I can only run one set of items that works.

I don't know how to adjust the automatons in order to make them more enjoyable to fight but having all their weak points be so tiny or on the back of incredibly aggressive enemies is just not a good time, especially when you're being blasted by rockets from the other side of the map. If a tank gets up on a hill side at a long distance you're just fucked.

Regardless, they need to get their shit together. Stop dropping patches on Thursday then telling everyone to fuck off until Monday (Still no idea why companies do this, drop it on Monday then work on it through the week). The bugs and balancing issues are starting to take their toll.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Content is not the issue for me, I like to get online and kill things with friends it's a really good time that reminds me of how gaming used to be. It's the amount of bugs and issues that occur when I try to play. Steam maintenance affects other games as well if there is a cloud sync issue, I wasn't able to play the racing game I play during the steam maintenance window, but if that wasn't the case it would work fine.

I just want to fight something other than bugs and the Automatons are so overtuned that it's just not fun. Especially when the maps are completely open with no cover. They will just engage you from miles away and it never stops. Follow that up with being forced to run specific loadouts to "win" against them and I hate it. If you go an try to discuss it on their discord you're shouted down about how wrong you are. Why have all these loadouts and options if I can only run one set of items that works.

I don't know how to adjust the automatons in order to make them more enjoyable to fight but having all their weak points be so tiny or on the back of incredibly aggressive enemies is just not a good time, especially when you're being blasted by rockets from the other side of the map. If a tank gets up on a hill side at a long distance you're just fucked.

Regardless, they need to get their shit together. Stop dropping patches on Thursday then telling everyone to fuck off until Monday (Still no idea why companies do this, drop it on Monday then work on it through the week). The bugs and balancing issues are starting to take their toll.

Yeah I think the honeymoon is over on this bullshit of constantly releasing bugs and being slow to address shit that needs to be fixed/tuned. For example, the Spear. In theory, it should hit really reliably and really hard since you only get a few and you're exposed during the locking time. In practice, it's a pain in the dick to get a lock and it doesn't seem to hit any harder then AT which you can call down 2x every 70 seconds. Like, is no one analyzing this shit?

Or, smoke. It would probably be highly situational vs. bots but testing shows that it doesn't work at all; they see right through it. I also read some that people are testing the "fixed" armor and the conclusion is don't bother- just wear light/fast armor.

Lots of people are complaining about bots. I personally don't think they're that bad. You can't just run and gun like you do with bugs. You have to move cover to cover and assault tactically. They are tougher than bugs, I agree.

Also, I have never once had any person complain about anything I had selected for weapons or strategems.

Cybsled

Possible solutions for automations

1) EMP does bonus damage and stunlock
2) make heavy armor and blast padding mitigation stronger vs ranged attacks outside a certain range
3) make ballistic shield usable with all primary guns, not just SMG and pistols. Make reload times longer

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Possible solutions for automations

1) EMP does bonus damage and stunlock
2) make heavy armor and blast padding mitigation stronger vs ranged attacks outside a certain range
3) make ballistic shield usable with all primary guns, not just SMG and pistols. Make reload times longer

Yeah ballistic shield is another one of those "Why?" pieces of equipment. There is no case where it would be a viable selection.

Cybsled

Exactly. There are no current game mechanics that would make the ballistic shield a viable use of a stratagem slot for bots. Removing the primary weapon restriction would make it 100% viable. Keep the call down weapons restrictions (so no railgun + shield)

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I don't know what's going on now but every time I try to play I'm crashing. I'm in a mission and my display goes dark and audio stops and my PC is hard locked. Up to 4 times in a row now I think. It's probably their faggot anti cheat.

edit - I did see that my cores were running hot, even sitting in the destroyer. I limited framerates from the NVIDIA control panel and turned down render settings and that dropped the temps. Got through one defense mission and then locked up again. So I am not sure if it is a CPU heat problem.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Like all their weapons, the HMG just doesn't carry enough ammo.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users