Helldivers II

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I Dont Think So No Way GIF

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wait lmao you can't even play it on PC without linking it to a PSN account?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hadn't played in like a month and a half. Was going to log in to see if I'd even done that. Game won't even fucking launch anymore.

This might be the worst game I've played as far as performance going downhill each time I play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wait lmao you can't even play it on PC without linking it to a PSN account?

HELLDIVERS™ Official Discord #hd2-announcementsSERVERToday at 2:57 AM

For posterity, here is the message published earlier on the Helldivers 2 Steam regarding account linking.

Attention Helldivers, Due to technical issues at the launch of HELLDIVERS™ 2, we allowed the linking requirements for Steam accounts to a PlayStation Network account to be temporarily optional. That grace period will now expire. See details below in this post. Account linking plays a critical role in protecting our players and upholding the values of safety and security provided on PlayStation and PlayStation Studios games. This is our main way to protect players from griefing and abuse by enabling the banning of players that engage in that type of behaviour. It also allows those players that have been banned the right to appeal. As such, as of May 6th, all new HELLDIVERS 2 players on Steam will be required to connect their Steam account to a PlayStation Network account. Current players on Steam will start to see the mandatory login from May 30th and will be required to have linked a Steam and PlayStation Network account by June 4th. PlayStation Network accounts are free and easy to set up using this link Comment créer un compte sur PlayStation Network We understand that while this may be an inconvenience to some of you, this step will help us to continue to build a community that you are all proud to be a part of. Many thanks for your continued support of HELLDIVERS 2! Sony Interactive Entertainment

The original statement can be found here: Steam :: HELLDIVERS™ 2 :: HELLDIVERS™ 2 Account Linking Update

Yeah fuck that. They're about to lose a ton of players.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why are people getting so upset about this?

Serious question as I am too stupid to understand. I link lots of accounts and never thought anything about it besides an annoying extra click you do once.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

Serious question as I am too stupid to understand. I link lots of accounts and never thought anything about it besides an annoying extra click you do once.

People will cry about anything. Epic I get because that platform is just God awful but otherwise who gives a shit, most people have a psn account already. Such a weird hill to die on.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Serious question as I am too stupid to understand. I link lots of accounts and never thought anything about it besides an annoying extra click you do once

Ya. If I was still playing, this would be a nothing burger.

Malakriss

PC players buying on Steam question the need to create a console account from a company with a long history of being hacked and user information being stolen.

Same questions were raised back when SWTOR had all account information duped to an Origin account no one asked for. 2FA for the game did not apply to Origin and deleting any information like a CC number did not remove it from the flipside either.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
May not apply to anyone here but many people bought the game in other countries and it will stop working because PSN isn't available in their country.
Phillipines, China, Russia for example.

Personally I was gifted the game from a friend and had I known about this PSN bs I would not have bought it.

Same reason I won't get legendary edition of Mass Effect. Not signing up for origin bs.

• 1Like

Aazrael

I understand those points but it feels like a "Influencer inflated problem". Like some Youtuber got mad and everyone jumped on and got mad as well.

I got no horse in this race so I don't give a shit really. I'll play the game for a week or two more then probably go and play something new.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I wasn't going to buy this until it was like $5 on steam sale, but now I'm not interested! I'll take my $5 elsewhere.

Malakriss

If this was always going to be a thing it should always have been a thing. Springing it on players months later is not an acceptable business practice and refund demands / chargebacks are entirely valid.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Saw this out there:

Only 69 out of 195 countries allow for a psn account. helldivers was sold in 190 countries and people played from those countries with no issues for months.

If this doesn't affect you.. cool.

Also people are weary of Sony and databreaches and their history of it. Probably also want to inflate their account numbers / player data.....but again if you don't care and doesn't affect you... just make a PSN account bro!

• 1Like

Aazrael

Saw this out there:

Only 69 out of 195 countries allow for a psn account. helldivers was sold in 190 countries and people played from those countries with no issues for months.

If this doesn't affect you.. cool.

Also people are weary of Sony and databreaches and their history of it. Probably also want to inflate their account numbers / player data.....but again if you don't care and doesn't affect you... just make a PSN account bro!
Yea that is kinda stupid right there. If you live in a country with no option for PSN then that will be a bad time for sure.

Cybsled

The country limited thing seems like the bigger issue considering the global reach of Steam

Sony isn’t going to say “use false data to make an account”, so they need an official stance other than “sorry guess ur fuct”

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If this was always going to be a thing it should always have been a thing. Springing it on players months later is not an acceptable business practice and refund demands / chargebacks are entirely valid.

It actually was always a thing, it said it was required on steam but they turned it off after the first few days of launch because of network issues. I had to sign into psn on the first day.

It's a bunch of man children crying over lack of reading comprehension.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users